General worst phone ever

Search This thread

Pootch

Apr 6, 2009
I came from Huawei P30:
What I dont like so far:
- Fingerprint: sometimes it work, sometimes not.
-Battery Life: Worse than my 2 years old P30
-Android 13: its a pain. 12 was much better.

Twilightsparklez

Oct 9, 2022
I came from Huawei P30:
What I dont like so far:
- Fingerprint: sometimes it work, sometimes not.
-Battery Life: Worse than my 2 years old P30
-Android 13: its a pain. 12 was much better.
We aparently live in an alternate dimention.i love 13 and think 12 is the reason why the 6 seris flopped so badly. The fps in 12 was non existant

dentedilupo

Mar 19, 2007
bought one, i came from a oneplus 8t and i had the first pixel, but since google piss off, i changed to huawei/oneplus this last years

The good:
*very good Camera for a nice price, very similar to the pixel 6
*screen, sound
*It's fast and fluid with 6gb of RAM
*i like the Format and the construction

The bad:
*Slow charging that hurts
*Not having 5g, at least in portugal

about fingerprint, some times works perfect sometimes not, wtf lol , this shouldn´t be like this.

for 350 euros, its a very good deal, especially for those who need great camera

Pootch

Apr 6, 2009
We aparently live in an alternate dimention.i love 13 and think 12 is the reason why the 6 seris flopped so badly. The fps in 12 was non existant
The battery drain in standby mode (wifi, mobile off at night) is massive.. it consume 25% of the battery.
If this wont be fixed, I will send the phone back to google.

smokejumper76

Nov 28, 2014
Don't care if you have a Pixel 234,5,6,9,12,15,Samsung,HTC, Kumbaya,etc..changing any phone from stock will always give you way way way better battery life. Carriers/Google/OEMs put SOOOOOOO much crap/background/spyware crap it's a slow rape of that phone's potential. Sometimes I wish phones would come to the consumer in choices like in the old days when floppies were around: formatted or unformatted?..hahah

Tomatcree

Aug 1, 2022
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 4a
Don't care if you have a Pixel 234,5,6,9,12,15,Samsung,HTC, Kumbaya,etc..changing any phone from stock will always give you way way way better battery life. Carriers/Google/OEMs put SOOOOOOO much crap/background/spyware crap it's a slow rape of that phone's potential. Sometimes I wish phones would come to the consumer in choices like in the old days when floppies were around: formatted or unformatted?..hahah
That's true of old android versions (the bad battery management) but a13 does a great job with background management... I get 20 hours on my p6a with cDroid U°...

Finneri

Jun 2, 2016
At the launch this phone may have been choppy and laggy but for me it has been a delight. Bought it from Amazon on black friday (sold for 299e with the CC with Google Tv HD). Amazing phone for this price. I just had Galaxy s22, Xperia 1 IV and Pixel 7 at the same time and I choose this one 😄
Had no problems, using without case or screen protector.

This feels like a spiritusl succesor to the Pixel 3 I had. Great package.

smokejumper76

Nov 28, 2014
That's true of old android versions (the bad battery management) but a13 does a great job with background management... I get 20 hours on my p6a with cDroid U°...
Not bad. I get about 1.5 weeks use on single charge from 75% to 20%, mostly standby but occasional texting/browsing and some calls. Wifi and/or VPN suck the batt down more though on mine so I tend to leave those off unless I consciously want to use them, but this is on a 4a5g on A11 (lineageOS).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol best phone I've ever had
    I have owned a lot of Android phones but I have to say, this is the worst one ever.

Dropped network connections, drifting GPS, bad fingerprint scanner, unresponsive apps, and overheating. I have 2 of these phones and they both suffer the same issues. I have tried all the updates on both phones and have done multiple factory resets. This has to be an embarrassment on the part of google.
    Looks like a lottery 🤷‍♂️ I own one pixel 6a and I didn't notice any of issues you mentioned, maybe fingerprint is a little bit clunky some times, but that's just it.
    D
    Deleted member 10740347
    After more time with the recent updates, it is still terrible. GPS still drifts, especially near power sub stations. Still will randomly get hot. I think this is a radio issue because the only thing that solves it is going into Airplane mode.
    Honestly return it if you still have issues. I have none of those and think Google's quality control is crap. Nbuy a samsung and stop whining *****
    What's the point of this thread? To cry?
    XDA has sure fallen far by letting these types of threads proliferate the forums nowadays. This is a place where people come together to work on solutions to problems or improve the device in one way or another. The way you formatted the thread was to openly complain about the device without questioning if others are having the same issues. If you have complaints about a device that can't be fixed by this community then you're better off calling the manufacturer and letting them know.