Worth to upgrade android?

Search This thread

demezakos

Apr 11, 2019
Hello guys! I'm for the moment on Android 11 pixel experience and I was thinking to go to android 10 crdrood (magisk works there perfectly) is better to go to android 12+? I gain any performance? Or just new android and new security? Plus magisk would work there?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Android 9 and above are relatively secure unless you do something stupid.
CPU cycle sucking scoped storage is fully active in 12 and probably 11. I go with 10... this stock N10+ is still running well on Pie.

amn1987

A12 is a solid improvement over A11 at least in terms of RAM usage. Battery backup is a little lower (around 1-1.5%/h worth of active drain ) but since I switched to a new official battery the hit isn't noticeable. Even the most notorious financial/banking apps are working well in conjunction with Magisk 25.1 and Shamiko module at least in crDroid 8.6. I would strongly recommend to format data and reinstall apps afresh instead of restoring then via Swift Backup etc.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I fortunately can stay on Android 9 and 10; 9 is still the best, secure enough but still very functional and usable.
Google's done gone Brandon crazy and made a mess of the OS with scoped storage.
Apple is laughing... and probably giving Google a bribe to screw it up.
https://teddit.net/r/Android/comments/j3zgmm/managing_files_in_the_androiddata_folder_on/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.geeksforgeeks.org/scoped-storage-in-android/amp/

Nothing better in sight...
Android 13 really sucks
https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.e...28-file-manager-loophole-closed-73891524/amp/

Yeah kiddies you be boned... malware is easier to deal than this new, "improved", more secure locked down IOS copycat crap🤣
Gookill screw it up all up, predictably.
"Screw will it until you break it..." has always been Google's MO🤣

Best recommendation: stay at the version you're on. Upgrade at your own peril. Android 9 was the zenith for the Android OS, it's been downhill since. You can pile all the new features icing you want on a turd, but it's still a turd.
Maybe Android 14 or 15 will get it or maybe Google is DOA... they just don't know it yet.

What you want is a fast, stable OS that's offers flexibility, functionality, usability and fulfills -your- mission, not Gookills. If you have that now, be happy and leave it be...

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello guys! I'm for the moment on Android 11 pixel experience and I was thinking to go to android 10 crdrood (magisk works there perfectly) is better to go to android 12+? I gain any performance? Or just new android and new security? Plus magisk would work there?
crDroid A12L is working perfectly fine and it's improvement. Latest Magisk also work. (But I personally prefer to stay unrooted)
I recommend you to upgrade.

Reactions: mantlabs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am still running android 10.
    crDroid A12L is working perfectly fine and it's improvement. Latest Magisk also work. (But I personally prefer to stay unrooted)
    I recommend you to upgrade.
    I am still running android 10.