Would flashing the stock Verizon ROM re lock the bootloader?

Search This thread

ivanc2960

Jul 28, 2021
Moto G Stylus
I have a Verizon Galaxy S5 running Lineage OS, and I wanted to restore back to the original ROM or in the best case a debranded ROM. If I flashed the original Verizon ROM will the bootloader relock as I want to go back to stock but want to keep the bootloader locked + be able to access TWRP, but I will probably have to reflash TWRP.

Reactions: Ibuprophen
I have a Verizon Galaxy S5 running Lineage OS, and I wanted to restore back to the original ROM or in the best case a debranded ROM. If I flashed the original Verizon ROM will the bootloader relock as I want to go back to stock but want to keep the bootloader locked + be able to access TWRP, but I will probably have to reflash TWRP.
When it comes to the Galaxy S5 Devices (specifically), the ability to unlock their bootloader is determined by their CID (there's either the CID11 & CID15) and those can never be changed.

With that stated...

If that specific device (you're asking about) already has an unlocked bootloader, you will be able to unlock it again after flashing the Stock Firmware.

I hope I had explained this okay via text... :)

Good Luck! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. [Sent from the room next door.]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.