• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question would like to flash global rom to EU rom, is this possible? (+ my experience with mi support)

Search This thread

xiaomiforever

Oct 11, 2021
I'm more accustomed to CN MIUI so there are lots of features I want from it such as permission logging, permission masking etc.

However I still need GMS so I chose the global version from a seller that happens to sell it cheap.

I've contacted Xiaomi CN support and this phone is one of the rare cases of a sub flagship phone that doesn't have GMS in CN rom. (most sub to full flagship xiaomi phones' CN roms have built in GMS in recent years, since around Mi 9). Even its near identical twin the redmi k40 has GMS built in on CN versions, very weird. From the way they talked i do not think it will be updated to include built in gms.

The situation is even more weird as this phone already has global version. which usually guarantees built in gms in CN version. Already registered paperwork with google etc.

As to the blackshark's own customer support? absolute GARBAGE and disappointment, absolute douche bags, i can't believe they treat their own turf customers like this. The staff has no knowledge of phones.

I'm not sure if there's even an EU version for this phone but it seems like a great balance with gms and CN based rom.

• Wow
Reactions: AboNaya

bouyhy01

May 4, 2016
bourges
ASUS ROG Phone 5
I'm more accustomed to CN MIUI so there are lots of features I want from it such as permission logging, permission masking etc.

However I still need GMS so I chose the global version from a seller that happens to sell it cheap.

I've contacted Xiaomi CN support and this phone is one of the rare cases of a sub flagship phone that doesn't have GMS in CN rom. (most sub to full flagship xiaomi phones' CN roms have built in GMS in recent years, since around Mi 9). Even its near identical twin the redmi k40 has GMS built in on CN versions, very weird. From the way they talked i do not think it will be updated to include built in gms.

The situation is even more weird as this phone already has global version. which usually guarantees built in gms in CN version. Already registered paperwork with google etc.

As to the blackshark's own customer support? absolute GARBAGE and disappointment, absolute douche bags, i can't believe they treat their own turf customers like this. The staff has no knowledge of phones.

I'm not sure if there's even an EU version for this phone but it seems like a great balance with gms and CN based rom.
Dont count on thoses arrogants idiots to help in anyway , i already contacted them from a year an a half regarding the 3 pro and they said that they dont provide any software fw or kind of support , useless it is very unfortunate because the hardware is top notch but the software and support are just crap , miui is the worst ui ever so laggy and buggy

xiaomiforever

Oct 11, 2021
Dont count on thoses arrogants idiots to help in anyway , i already contacted them from a year an a half regarding the 3 pro and they said that they dont provide any software fw or kind of support , useless it is very unfortunate because the hardware is top notch but the software and support are just crap , miui is the worst ui ever so laggy and buggy
actually don't mix miui and joyui, they operate completely separately. Xiaomi customer support is very enthusiastic when providing all kinds of technical information and support, they are very well known in china for providing support for even the most technical inquiries to even non-devs. I ended up getting definitive answers about blackshark from Xiaomi customer support. Blackshark however feels more like just a marketing company