Would you buy one now?

Search This thread

superdon

Oct 4, 2008
Need to find a replacement for my trusty Gshock that just died. Am thinking of going with a smart watch and the Huawei seems to be the best of the bunch.

With the new version coming soon, would you buy one of these now? I can't seem to find any good sales on the current watch at the moment, so would likely buy sell and hand.

Or will the existing watch go on sale when the new one is released and used prices also drop?

What real benefits is the new model likely to offer?

Anyone in the UK have a good example they are thinking of selling? Ideally with stainless strap and black would also be a plus.

Cheers

Sorry, realised this should be in the Q&A forum. Sent request to admin

Last edited:

M.Sami

Jun 5, 2006
Melbourne
well.. looking at the reviews the newer models do not seem to offer a huge improvement over the HW, and I really love everything about this watch after almost a year now
So yes, would def buy one now especially that the price is lower

Reactions: superdon

ChristopherJZ

Jun 3, 2016
You should keep an eye out on Amazon (US version). I picked up a "used - like new" Huawei watch for $124 from Amazon Warehouse. I expected it to be damaged but it was like new, except the box wasn't sealed. Really good deal and I glad I got the watch.

Reactions: superdon

Phlip00ws6

Nov 6, 2008
With HW 2 being too gear s3 ish and no rotating bezel.. I mean WTF - I'll probably go with the first gen HW. I just really wish it had GPS and NFC. Once it goes back to < $200 I'm grabbing one. I'll go to best buy and return it if wear 2.0 isn't what I hope it is. If thats the case, maaaybe gear s3 classic can fit the bill.

TheSt33v

Jun 12, 2014
The Stupid Country
I just got my HW yesterday. I replaced my beloved Moto 360 gen 1, and I'm really glad I did. The screen is beautiful, everything about the watch screams quality, no flat tire, Wear 2.0 officially incoming. I was watching to see if the price would come down after HW 2 was revealed, but it actually went up. I got lucky and found one at pre-reveal prices. Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks "sporty" autonomous smart watches are a terrible idea.

honster

Dec 8, 2010
I got my HW last week, just before the HW 2 was announced and don't regret it a bit. This is a great watch and great replacement for my Sony Smartwatch 3.

VS88

Oct 12, 2015
Košice
I have both Hwatch and ZW3, but I advise you rather buy ZW3 now (it is far newer watch with newer hardware) if your budget allows it. If not, then of course, Hwatch is a superb smartwatch, if you can find one for around 150eur.

ChristopherJZ

Jun 3, 2016
I have both Hwatch and ZW3, but I advise you rather buy ZW3 now (it is far newer watch with newer hardware) if your budget allows it. If not, then of course, Hwatch is a superb smartwatch, if you can find one for around 150eur.

I disagree, the ZW3 has no hear rate sensor, ugly protruding buttons and proprietary straps. The only plus is the ambient light sensor without a flat tyre

superdon

Oct 4, 2008
I ordered a Huawei Watch from Amazon and had a play, and have sent it back but may buy one again if the prices drop. It was the silver version and I would definitely want the black version. So I am keeping my eye out for deals on those. This watch is about as big as I would want to go, ideally a bit smaller.

I only played for a couple of hours and it seemed ok. The only thing I did notice, but didn't investigate too much, is that even on dim mode some of the watch faces were really bright.

I work nights and would want the watch to be stealthy at night. Is there a way to get the face really dim but still visible or is it a case of having to have the screen off? Hopefully that makes sense!

I also like the look of the LG Style (titanium) which from what I can gather is a bit smaller but has far less features. Is there anything else that might suit my needs? I may also just go for another Gshock for a few years and see how the smartwatches continue to pan out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's rumors that the HW 2 will be revealed in less than a week, so if I were you I'd wait until at least then so you'll have more facts before making a decision.

http://www.techradar.com/news/huawei-watch-2-release-date-news-and-rumors
    I've bought my watch about week ago and I do not regret. Great watch :)
    well.. looking at the reviews the newer models do not seem to offer a huge improvement over the HW, and I really love everything about this watch after almost a year now
    So yes, would def buy one now especially that the price is lower
    You should keep an eye out on Amazon (US version). I picked up a "used - like new" Huawei watch for $124 from Amazon Warehouse. I expected it to be damaged but it was like new, except the box wasn't sealed. Really good deal and I glad I got the watch.