Would you consider upgrading to S9?

Search This thread

carvation

Oct 17, 2006
New Orleans
not to satisfied with my s8+ i love the phone but my camera is not that good to me, i think my s7e front camera takes better pics , plus i have something within the lens that give the back camera a ghosting spot in the dark on pics if i focus in a specific spot, otherwise i like the phone but cant wait til the s9

prophet558

Oct 8, 2014
I love the Galaxy S8+, but I'm going to need an Exynos device clearly next year, I would have loved to see pure AOSP because I think Samsung should just stick to hardware and let Google manage software. Snapdragon variants battle people that hold this view.
True. Samsung is just trying too hard in things that aren't even necessary. No one asked for Bixby. There's no way corporate companies gonna let workers use dex in office and take the device back home like they envisioned.

peachpuff

Aug 31, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23
Samsung gets the aosp code and modifies it to their standards... It's not going to be stock android it's stock samsung.
You really don't understand treble at all or what i even said originally, i said a treble enabled phone has to be able to boot stock android not that it will come with stock android.

Just saying theres a high chance that treble wont be on s9

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-project-treble-revolutionizes-custom-roms-android-oreo/

Code:
What devices will get Project Treble support?
All devices that launch with Android 8.0 Oreo or above must fully support Project Treble.

http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/5548051

confidence_orig.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Shamako

Gr8man001

Aug 19, 2012
Washington, DC
OnePlus 11
if S9 appears a very compelling device then I will definitely go the Exynos route to keep the rooting process simple. I like S8+ but too much wait time for the updates, no easy root method; and it's too fragile in my opinion (really need a thick case to protect it). You guys may laugh at me but I really Loved my previous HTC devices M8-M10 ( too bad, HTC is not doing well financially). HTC phones were easy to root and definitely constructed more stronger than my S8+ in my opinion I got to admit that s8+ display is awesome and beats any previous phones I have ever owned. Since I paid full price for the unlocked s8+, so don't think, I will be buying the s9. I will still go to the store to get the "feel" of the phone before making the final decision.

jhofseth

Feb 27, 2016
Seattle, Washington
No S9/S9+ Snapdragon (845) because not substantial enough improvement over my current S8+ Snapdragon (835). Exynos might be interesting again, we'll see on 04JAN2018. If Exynos doesn't suck, the international Note 9 might be interesting. Basically, I swore I would never again buy an Android phone that could not be bootloader OEM unlocked, and I will keep my pledge. :)

Shamako

Dec 6, 2015
Samsung gets the aosp code and modifies it to their standards... It's not going to be stock android it's stock samsung.

Where did I deny that Samsung does this? I simply stated that for Samsung to launch their next flagship with Android 8.0 Oreo, they MUST IMPLEMENT PROJECT TREBLE.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about it, but I would say no my last phone was a note 4 and I loved using it for years. I leaned towards this because of a BB sale that chopped the premium. I will say I'm satisfied where the s8+ is at for some years.. until a note really sticks out but by that time we should have holographic devices, pen would be obselete.....

Unless it's a wand?!

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise
That's my first Samsung phone. So far i am loving it.
I like to switch brands so the Galaxy s9 is not in my upgrade plans. If they come up with something really great when the s10 comes out.... Who knows, maybe ☺️

MiMtnBiker

Nov 28, 2014
Prolly not. I have no reason to. I probably won't get the S10, 11, 12, 13.... either. S8 is a nice phone, but I'm just not fond of TW.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Absolutely not. Hate edges, back glass, and these stupid top and bottom black bezels which with 18.5:9 screen looks horrible.
    Plus lag. I am going for the pure android ie oneplus 6, and Sony Edge or mate 11
    I've swapped s8+ for oneplus 5t om Monday. Pure android, and never ever go for Samsung.
    Downgrading the camera. I've been let down by OP before, wouldn't buy any of their phones again.
    No S9/S9+ Snapdragon (845) because not substantial enough improvement over my current S8+ Snapdragon (835). Exynos might be interesting again, we'll see on 04JAN2018. If Exynos doesn't suck, the international Note 9 might be interesting. Basically, I swore I would never again buy an Android phone that could not be bootloader OEM unlocked, and I will keep my pledge. :)
    if S9 appears a very compelling device then I will definitely go the Exynos route to keep the rooting process simple. I like S8+ but too much wait time for the updates, no easy root method; and it's too fragile in my opinion (really need a thick case to protect it). You guys may laugh at me but I really Loved my previous HTC devices M8-M10 ( too bad, HTC is not doing well financially). HTC phones were easy to root and definitely constructed more stronger than my S8+ in my opinion I got to admit that s8+ display is awesome and beats any previous phones I have ever owned. Since I paid full price for the unlocked s8+, so don't think, I will be buying the s9. I will still go to the store to get the "feel" of the phone before making the final decision.
    Same here. Nothing in the Note 8 or the S9 that looks like a worthy upgrade from the S8+.