WOW! PlayStore won't connect, can't login! First time ever!!!! How can I ??

reilus

Feb 22, 2011
This is insane!

I go to playstore to check updates. It says "Error checking updates". I repeat the process and get frustrated. I clear data on playstore and go to add my account again only it brings up the side menu and when I move that out of the way, it says "try again". I hit that button and the menu slides back out! And I repeat this process and get frustrated.

So I did all the cache clearing, data clearing stuff for play, play services. I have no download manager. And still this problem.

I did not and will not remove and try to add my google account again because then I might lose access to my contacts. In fact, I haven't even checked if they still sync. If they don't, I suppose I could do that.

Other than that, what can I do?

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
This is insane!

I go to playstore to check updates. It says "Error checking updates". I repeat the process and get frustrated. I clear data on playstore and go to add my account again only it brings up the side menu and when I move that out of the way, it says "try again". I hit that button and the menu slides back out! And I repeat this process and get frustrated.

So I did all the cache clearing, data clearing stuff for play, play services. I have no download manager. And still this problem.

I did not and will not remove and try to add my google account again because then I might lose access to my contacts. In fact, I haven't even checked if they still sync. If they don't, I suppose I could do that.

Other than that, what can I do?

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen.
Lol hello again sir ;)

Go to www.gooogle.com/contacts

From any web browser, are your contacts in place?

Guessing you haven't but reboot your phone, cycle your WiFi and see if anything prompts you to sign in or sync.

Then go to settings/ accounts / Google and make sure it's allowed and syncing, check both sync and Google

Re-open Google play and see if it's working.

Reactions: reilus

reilus

Feb 22, 2011
=) Thanx for your help. I can get contacts in a browser. I rebooted a couple times, did wifi and mobile, and nothing. It syncs everything in the account as well. I just can't use play store. I cleared data and cache on playstore and services. And I can access play from a browser; so I didn't get banned or something. It's specific to this phone, it occurred sometime after the update to the latest firmware. I'm not sure if it's related.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
=) Thanx for your help. I can get contacts in a browser. I rebooted a couple times, did wifi and mobile, and nothing. It syncs everything in the account as well. I just can't use play store. I cleared data and cache on playstore and services. And I can access play from a browser; so I didn't get banned or something. It's specific to this phone, it occurred sometime after the update to the latest firmware. I'm not sure if it's related.

Only thing I can think of would be to wipe all play services, store then reinstall.

This has happened before?

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
First time.... What is the best way to restore this stuff on the stock ROM w/o factory reset?
So you can usually clear data on all Google services.

But if that doesn't work then boot to recovery and just wipe system, not the whole phone.

This will mean you have to set up your phone again but your storage will remain unaffected. So images, files, music won't be touched