WP7 Kernel Tracker and other WEC7 functionality on WP7 device

Search This thread

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
I intend to port to WP7 device fully fledged WEC7 OS (USB Host/OTG, Flash animations in the fully featured Internet Explorer, XP-like explorer design, Multiple formats media player etc.) with preservation of WP7 applications in the near future. Many WEC / WCE applications work unchanged, the problem is only with the addition of the core (especially missing UI API) and fixing some drivers. If you want someone to play, for example, there is a kernel tracker listing. Place the attached exe and dll files in the \Windows directory, you can start logging by WP7 console command:

\> CeLogFlush.exe

Logging will finished by device power switching off or by W.I.N.C.O wPhoManager Process Kill function.

Registry needed (in my device are rest probably from the Dynamics ROM authors):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CeLog]
"FileName"="celog.clg"
"Transport"="LocalFile"

You can open logged file by Visual Studio 2008 Remote Tools / Kernel Tracker.
WP7KernelTracker.jpg

Attachments

• CeLog.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Very powerful WEC7 shell works on WP7 device too

Deploy shell.exe to \Windows directory. Now you can work from WP7 Console. Try for example:

\> shell -c gi proc

or

\> shell -c mi kernel

-c means "output to console"
2013 (similar WEC7) target controlling help is here.

Attachments

• shell.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Reactions: NdotGdot

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Full Internet explorer for WP7

There is first version. After one working second it stays in "Failed to create swap chain" state. This is something from DirectX subsystem probably. Also "Too many favorites" mistake occures. If we solve it, we can use fully working IE on WP7 devices (grouped favorites, working flash and other plugins etc.).

Attachments

• iexplore7.zip
    75.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Reactions: NdotGdot

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Utilities big update

New Console7 version can offer to you many usable utilities, as cgacutil, etcha, ipconfig, ipconfig6, ipv6, kbdtest, msmqadm, ndisconfig, net, netlogctl, netstat, ping, rnaapp, route, services, shell, tracert, upnpreg and wlantool. With simply user interface you can write commands (or batch or Mort scripts) with big possibilities as on desktop Windows.
Ping.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vukile and NdotGdot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I intend to port to WP7 device fully fledged WEC7 OS (USB Host/OTG, Flash animations in the fully featured Internet Explorer, XP-like explorer design, Multiple formats media player etc.) with preservation of WP7 applications in the near future. Many WEC / WCE applications work unchanged, the problem is only with the addition of the core (especially missing UI API) and fixing some drivers. If you want someone to play, for example, there is a kernel tracker listing. Place the attached exe and dll files in the \Windows directory, you can start logging by WP7 console command:

\> CeLogFlush.exe

Logging will finished by device power switching off or by W.I.N.C.O wPhoManager Process Kill function.

Registry needed (in my device are rest probably from the Dynamics ROM authors):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CeLog]
    "FileName"="celog.clg"
    "Transport"="LocalFile"

You can open logged file by Visual Studio 2008 Remote Tools / Kernel Tracker.
    WP7KernelTracker.jpg
    Utilities big update

New Console7 version can offer to you many usable utilities, as cgacutil, etcha, ipconfig, ipconfig6, ipv6, kbdtest, msmqadm, ndisconfig, net, netlogctl, netstat, ping, rnaapp, route, services, shell, tracert, upnpreg and wlantool. With simply user interface you can write commands (or batch or Mort scripts) with big possibilities as on desktop Windows.
    Ping.jpg
    Very powerful WEC7 shell works on WP7 device too

Deploy shell.exe to \Windows directory. Now you can work from WP7 Console. Try for example:

\> shell -c gi proc

or

\> shell -c mi kernel

-c means "output to console"
    2013 (similar WEC7) target controlling help is here.
    Full Internet explorer for WP7

There is first version. After one working second it stays in "Failed to create swap chain" state. This is something from DirectX subsystem probably. Also "Too many favorites" mistake occures. If we solve it, we can use fully working IE on WP7 devices (grouped favorites, working flash and other plugins etc.).