WP7/Metro Slider Icons - System Wide

Search This thread

spider_pm

Sep 2, 2010
Übersetzung von Deutsch nach Englisch by google

moin

@ ForgetfulGuru

Thanks for the quick reply, yes, I thought me and you got it right. Unfortunately I can not do something myself and am on the great work of those who can rely ...

well ... let's see, maybe I find something that comes close ...

pierre

MalekoUK

Dec 1, 2009
UK
www.malekophotography.co.uk
are there issues with the slider background? see my screenshot.

same here with the "sistem sliders", If you fully enlarge the attached pic you can see the same thin vertical lines , and (as happened for yhe main slider) the selector shows the stock icon instead of the metro one.
this was about the "main slider" (now fixed), it looks that the same bugs are in the "system sliders".

PS: any progress in making ALL sistem sliders in metro style?

With regards to the bottom curtains producing verticle lines, I cannot explain. As it doesn't do it on mine, and I checked each file and they are fine...so a bit confused as to that!

The Music Icon should be included. I have it set on my device and checked that manila file is infact included in the cab, and it is.
Can anyone else confirm this?

But now that you have me looking through all tabs, (I don't normally use the twitter tab) I have discovered I too am show stock icons with some of the system icons see attached.

Would like to offer help in finding solution to [op] but don't know that much about manila file yet. Will try to though and post back.

:eek:

I have found the files and updated the Metro System Sliders Cab, re-download and re-install.

I don't use Twitter so didn't know, but thanks for pointing these out! Let me know how it goes.

ForgetfulGuru

Jun 8, 2010
Glasgow
www.localitservice.co.uk
Thanks

@ MalekoUK

Your a gem thank you very much for the new cab.
[edit] Still got icons missing in the twitter app tab see attached images[/edit]:confused:

I have found an answer to your text colour on the date icon, if you still need it.
I will write it up and post if for you.

BTW. the music icon is showing on my phone. before and after the new cab install.

Attachments

• tweet1.jpg
    tweet1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 21
  • tweet2.jpg
    tweet2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

ForgetfulGuru

Jun 8, 2010
Glasgow
www.localitservice.co.uk
Hope to help

Übersetzung von Deutsch nach Englisch by google

moin

@ ForgetfulGuru

Thanks for the quick reply, yes, I thought me and you got it right. Unfortunately I can not do something myself and am on the great work of those who can rely ...

well ... let's see, maybe I find something that comes close ...

pierre

So would you like me to do it for you?
All you need do is copy two files into your windows directory on the phone.

Give me an idea of what you would like the lock slider for CHT to look like and I wll try to make it so.
Do you want it to look like MalekoUK slider lock?
Let me know, it will give me good prictise

ForgetfulGuru

Jun 8, 2010
Glasgow
www.localitservice.co.uk
I was nearly wrong

@ MalekoUK

Though I had it for you man. editing the mode9 files for the calendar icon on the slider.

Nearly there I can change color of the text but not make gone all together.
There is an alpha chanel setting wich in theory should make it invisable if set to 0, but it did not. (like transparent in a .png image)
I have attached the file for you to look at and work on if you wish along with some screen grabs.

You can get mode9 editor HERE if you need it.

and lots more info on Editing mode9 files, changing font colours HERE

Attachments

• mode9-1.jpg
    mode9-1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 17
  • mode9-2.jpg
    mode9-2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 9
  • mode9-3.jpg
    mode9-3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 537945c0_manila_original.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 5

MalekoUK

Dec 1, 2009
UK
@ MalekoUK

Though I had it for you man. editing the mode9 files for the calendar icon on the slider.

There is an alpha chanel setting wich in theory should make it invisable if set to 0, but it did not. (like transparent in a .png image)
I have attached the file for you to look at and work on if you wish along with some screen grabs.

You can get mode9 editor HERE if you need it.

and lots more info on Editing mode9 files, changing font colours HERE

First off I think all the Twitter Icons are now sorted...fingers crossed! Give the System sliders cab a go!

With the calendar text, that file is one that is already edited to remove the text from the LARGE icon when sliding through the tabs.
I cannot find the file to edit the text in the slider itself, if that makes sense?

MalekoUK

Dec 1, 2009
UK
@ MalekoUK

ACTUALLY.
I figured this file HAS to be the one.
I simply removed the GLESText entries and now the numbers has gone!
Even when I made the text font size of zero and like you said, completely transparent, as well as no colours in it, it would still be there, just smaller!

So deleting those entries has solved it!

I have updated the Metro Sliders icon cab, so now the slider is completely clean!
Thanks for the help ForgetfulGuru :cool:

Added a screenshot as evidence :p

Attachments

• Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

ForgetfulGuru

Jun 8, 2010
Glasgow
www.localitservice.co.uk
ACTUALLY.
I figured this file HAS to be the one.
I simply removed the GLESText entries and now the numbers has gone!
Even when I made the text font size of zero and like you said, completely transparent, as well as no colours in it, it would still be there, just smaller!

So deleting those entries has solved it!

I have updated the Metro Sliders icon cab, so now the slider is completely clean!
Thanks for the help ForgetfulGuru :cool:

Added a screenshot as evidence :p

Just happy to give something back and do a little learning.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    metrotitle.png

So I decided to have a go at making all sliders Metro/WP7 style.
    Maybe some people out there will appreciate this. I have also included my custom lock screen, which is just a modified version of the default Windows one.

metro.gif

lockscreen.jpg

All tabs have been modified as you can see from the screenshots.

Attached Files...

Metro Slider Icons - This is just for the main Sense tabs; Home, Email, Contacts etc etc.

Metro System Sliders - This is for all other sliders; Contacts, Clock, Footprints, Twitter, Media etc.

Lock Screen - The lock Screen. All files needed are in the cab. Please make sure you have any other lock screens removed before you install this. You need the default lock screen on for this to work.

Transparent Bottom Curtain - Makes Sense bottom curtain transparent (does not effect other system sliders).

Metro Blue Slider - Metro Blue Slider as requested (both sense slider and other system sliders).

Metro Slider Icons +Transparent Curtain - Same as default one but with a transparent bottom curtain.

Restore Stock LockScreen - Restores stock LockScreen

Slider Fix - Fixes verticle lines on some roms on the slider.

This works on my 1.72 Stock Rom, haven't tested it on any others. - Also works on Stock 3.14 Rom

Feedback, comments and pointers are very welcome!
    They LOOK fantastic I think I have just found my new Slider. :)

One small request could you make the slider bar transparent?
    Actually
    Two small rquests could you also make the selector box around the slider icons blue. RGB 0,158,255 fits with the metro theme.

I have attached Grabs to show something similar, tho this theme is no where as complete as your. and I managed to edit the slider to my taste, but I don't think I could complete a full theme yet.

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php

The welcome/lock screen is by Cendaryn

My edit to have the six icons on it, hope he dosen't mind to much.

What do you think. Trans slider and blue box. Hope you can, thanks in advance.