• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

WP7 Porting/Tool Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
HTC WP7 NBH Dump/Rebuild:
NBHImageTool

flash.store.bin Dump/Rebuild (dumped as os.nb in NBHImageTool):
(tool creation pending)

IMGFS Dump:
Combine xidump with the attached cecompr_nt.dll supporting XPH

IMGFS Build:
Combine imgfsfromdump with the attached cecompr_nt.dll supporting XPH

XIP/ULDR Dump:
dumprom works well for this.

XIP/ULDR Build:
(tool creation pending)

I'll be posting updates in my twitter, which you can reach by clicking the image in my signature below.

Attachments

• cecompr_nt_XPR_XPH.zip
    9 KB · Views: 1,369
Last edited:

Nokser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2008
Warsaw
mcodingset.com
Relocation Module SYS/Dump:
Creating tools...

Command Dump IMGFS:
Code:
xidump imgfs.bin

Create Packages from Dump:
Combine Packagebuilder with the attached cecompr_nt.dll supporting XPH

Another method Dump XIP:
XIPPort - Bepe's

Region PagePool:
during the detection..

Generation File imageinfo.txt:
Command:
Code:
iitp [ -p physfirst ]
Download: IITP - imageinfo.txt producer.

XPR to XPH Compression:

Open the file os.nb.payload in HEX Editor. Find this Lines:
Code:
F8 AC 2C 9D E3 D4 2B 4D BD 30 91 6E D8 4F 31 DC   ř¬,ťăÔ+M˝0‘nŘO1Ü
01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 34 00 00 00   ............4...
08 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 10 00 00 58 50 52 00   ............XPR.

And change to:

Code:
F8 AC 2C 9D E3 D4 2B 4D BD 30 91 6E D8 4F 31 DC   ř¬,ťăÔ+M˝0‘nŘO1Ü
01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 34 00 00 00   ............4...
08 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 10 00 00 58 50 52 00   ............XPH.

Save this file. Get this library cecompr_nt.dll (attached in first post), then insert to TOOLS folder from your Kitchen ROM.

Download cecompr.dll (attached) and overwrite it in your XIP.

Useful module to compress XPH:

Attachments

• cecompr.dll.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

norgan

May 7, 2006
Sydney, AU
lets keep this on track, roms will be developed as they can be, asking for specific hardware won;t make any difference and only take the threads off track.

this is a nice clean thread for the real WP7 work going on, looks like we have sorted the compression issue, :)

looking forward to what Da_G finds with the JTAG on the HD2.

RustyGrom

Apr 18, 2006
Orlando
why do you say that about Topaz how do you know that we wont get it.
Lots of posts in the other threads on this topic. There's lots of reasons but the main one is that non-Cortex A8 (ie Snapdragon) devices are not capable of executing code compiled for the ARMv7 instruction set. WP7 is compiled under ARMv7. To recompile for ARMv4/5/6 would require the original source code to WP7 which there's practically no chance of getting. Even IF that somehow leaked out, it would still run so poorly that it would be unuseable.

gguruusa

Aug 21, 2006
What is difference between XPR and XPH? More importantly, I'd love to know how to rebuild cecompr_nt.

Does your cecompr_nt_xpr_xph.dll still support lzh?

If XIP/ULDR can be dumped w/ existing tools, what prevents existing tools being used for reconstruction?

nikoan89

Sep 17, 2008
Bari
www.cellularmagazine.it
HTC WP7 NBH Dump/Rebuild:
NBHImageTool

flash.store.bin Dump/Rebuild (dumped as os.nb in NBHImageTool):
(tool creation pending)

IMGFS Dump:
Combine xidump with the attached cecompr_nt.dll supporting XPH

IMGFS Build:
Combine imgfsfromdump with the attached cecompr_nt.dll supporting XPH

XIP/ULDR Dump:
dumprom works well for this.

XIP/ULDR Build:
(tool creation pending)

Amazing work Da_G! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Willy318is

Sep 22, 2004
Pasadena
Please let us Know if Donations can help, I would invest $100 or even more so that the HD2 sees the Light.

and Please guys, we invested and accepted donations to buy an HD2 Plus the Trace32 App, so let's focus on developing Win 7 for HD2 currently, later, I think that other devices can reap the benifits too.

Best of Luck to you Da_G

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, sorry i'm not around too much lately, things are bad for my living situation etc. currently. It does not allow me much time at all for these projects i'm afraid :(

JTAG Connection was successful using the JTAG JIG provided by multicom! However I ran into another problem. On production device JTAG Debug functions dont seem to work (at least i'm not able to so far) raw read and raw write does function and work fine. Looks like only development/pre-production boards have debug output routed. Or maybe i'm not doing something properly. But even trying to keep the JTAG connected while the phone is assembled enough to boot up and operate is a challenge in itself, then to find out debug won't output :(

So i've forwarded all the relevant data, sources and info to Cotulla who is working on the project right now. I'll try to get some more time to work on it soon, i'm still even running a stock ROM on my TP2, which is my daily use phone! :)

Things look bad though regarding the device provisioning partition. I made some posts earlier about that (several months back) - to sum it up there is a unique device certificate that is keyed at the factory, and input into an MS database. MS will only allow access to cloud services from devices carrying a valid cert that is contained in their database. This means even if we got ahold of the private key(s) used to generate the certs, or patch out authentication on device side, cloud services would still be improbable due to server-side authentication. Most likely all cloud based services would NOT function on a device that does not originally carry WP7. (This is likely not the case for a device that came deployed with WP7 as it would carry a valid unique certificate, but there may be some munging required to get the OS to properly validate it due to checksumming etc.)

So for a fully functional WP7 on HD2 (i.e. all cloud based services operating normally) it doesn't look very likely at all right now. But probably a WP7 without the cloud based functionality could be seen soon :) It would help immensely if there was access to an HD2 WP7 BSP which some guys had claimed to have at one point.

Another major problem is access to documentation, tools, sources, etc. It is nowhere near what we had on WM6.x yet (ever?). This makes things incredibly difficult especially for someone like me located in USA and thus within the long reach of the law. Without getting too much into detail i've had some pressure on that front to not proceed further. Remember that it took several years to "open up" WM to the point where it is now, and it's like starting at stone 1 with WP7, with just a bit of a head start :)

I already put alot of work into the software side of things for WP7 development that would be applicable to any device (generic things like dump/rebuild of OS partition), so as soon as we get an official device release i'll look to update those tools to work with RTM, then release (if the applicable formats changed at all since the last CTP release I worked with, which is some months old now - looks like NBH format didnt change as NBHImageTool 1.2 and cecompr_nt.dll with XPH still works on spark rom posted recently)

Anyway, due to legal situation surrounding WP7 at this point (MS, Qualcomm, and all other involved players are being very serious about it), it's not too smart to be very public about much of anything right now. Already a number of behind-the-scenes individuals have disappeared due to that (no names that you would recognize as their participation was never public)