WPV PDF Adder 1.0 - Fastest way to copy PDF to Adobe Reader on WP7

Search This thread

winphoneviet

Aug 7, 2011
SaiGon
Intro
To make a better way to copy .pdf files to adobe reader on windows phone 7, i create this tool to archive this. With some simple clicks, and you can transfer your .pdf files to your phone.

What do you need?
Windows phone SDK 7.1 is required, if you're using SDK 7.0 this tool will not work
Your phone must be developer unlocked

How-to
  • First, if the device you are using Adobe Reader which is downloaded from the marketplace, please remove it, then download this version: http://www.mediafire.com/?848nhfde7hqsqww
  • Use any sideload tool to install that .xap file, run it first and then the exit.
  • Download my tool on: http://www.mediafire.com/?d84eak8ncaxbded
  • Connect your PC with the phone, open the Zune, wait until it connects successfully. Also remember to unlock the phone screen.
  • Running the tool, drag and drop PDF files on the listbox. Click "Transfer files" and wait until the process is finished.
  • Running Adobe Reader on the phone and enjoy the reading times.

c92746c87f3aa82c22ee1686f88bd1e3_36911976.p1.png

Leave your feedback if you like this.

winphoneviet.com​

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Thanks for this app.

Transfering files is much easier now. Before I did it with DiagProvXML app.

There is one problem left: How to send .pdf files via email ?

Atm I copy the .pdf file I want to send via email with DiagProvXML to \My Documents folder. After that I open the office hub, choose storage "phone" and by long press on the copied file I can choose share via email.

Maybe you have an idea how to make this process easier...

Regards

contable

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Why not support the marketplace version? The method that I think you're using works perfectly well with that too. If you need the GUID I can dig it up for (given a little time).

Using a sideloaded version, you don't get automatic updates.

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Why not support the marketplace version? The method that I think you're using works perfectly well with that too. If you need the GUID I can dig it up for (given a little time).

Using a sideloaded version, you don't get automatic updates.

Access to the isolated storage of Adope Reader is only possible if you sideload the app...

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Ah, you're not using the method I thought you were, then. You can place a file almost anywhere in the WP7 filesystem (except under \Windows\) by creating a XAP file with path traversal from the install location (i.e. create a folder <ZIP_ROOT>\..\..\..\Data\<AdobeReaderGUID>\Data\IsolatedStore\<your files>), then install it using a deployment tool (which can be automated, of course). The downside is that this creates an extra (do-nothing) app in your app list, but it does allow writing to the isolated storage of any app.

eldenst

Apr 1, 2011
Cuauhtemoc
Error

I get the following Error.

System.MissingMethodException: method not found: "Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity.RemoteIsolatedStorageFile Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity.RemoteApplication.GetIsolatedStore()".
bei WPV_PDF.Form1.btnTransfer_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 4.0... (RTMGDR....-...).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.../mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
WPV PDF Adder
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///D:/user/Desktop/WPV%20PDF%20Adder.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
Win32-Version: 4.0... built by: RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0.../System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
Win32-Version: 4.0... built by: RTMRel.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/.../System.Drawing.dll.
System

Thanks

Last edited:

winphoneviet

Aug 7, 2011
SaiGon
I get the following Error wit Win7 x64 if that matters. Is there some windows service i have to start? I closed a few, i dont need.

Thanks

You need to download the lastest SDK 7.1 at post#1.
About the idea of GoodDayToDie: I think that it will be a long time until the next update of Adobe Reader. Besides, if adobe release any update, we still can download, resign it & sideload it

Thanks

Reactions: eldenst

rudelm

Jun 27, 2011
Ah, you're not using the method I thought you were, then. You can place a file almost anywhere in the WP7 filesystem (except under \Windows\) by creating a XAP file with path traversal from the install location (i.e. create a folder <ZIP_ROOT>\..\..\..\Data\<AdobeReaderGUID>\Data\IsolatedStore\<your files>), then install it using a deployment tool (which can be automated, of course). The downside is that this creates an extra (do-nothing) app in your app list, but it does allow writing to the isolated storage of any app.

AFAIK that's not correct! Normal managed WP7 applications are unable to write outside their IsolatedStorage. Besides how can you create a folder with two dots in its name? .. is for traversing one folder up in its structure. Or do you describe the way a developer should take to write a file to IsolatedStorage?

Anyways this shouldn't be possible, besides rooting or using other tricks.

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
@rudelm: It's a trick all right, and certainly a bug, but it does work.

First off, the app isn't writing anything. The app doesn't even need to be run - it's the installer, which unpacks the XAP file, that is doing the writing.

There are lots of ways to create a ZIP file with path traversal "folders" in it. Heathcliff74 described one method in a post some weeks back, but you can also do it just by using a tool that permits this (I use 7-Zip, personally).

This bug has been used widely here on XDA-Devs, though you might not even realize it; just how do you think Heathcliff74's Interop-Unlocker for Samsung actually works? Read the instructions and you'll note he doesn't even say that you need to run the app - because you don't.

contable

Oct 25, 2009
AFAIK that's not correct! Normal managed WP7 applications are unable to write outside their IsolatedStorage. Besides how can you create a folder with two dots in its name? .. is for traversing one folder up in its structure. Or do you describe the way a developer should take to write a file to IsolatedStorage?

Anyways this shouldn't be possible, besides rooting or using other tricks.

I think GoodDayToDie is right that this is possible. Heathcliff74 has provided that solution for interop-unlock samsung phones which are only developer unlocked.

As I remember the only folder you can´t copy files with this method is the windows folder.

I will test to copy a file to the isolated storage that way.

BTW inside your xap you have to create first a folder "Applications", the ".." are only symbolic. Inside the "Applications" folder create a "Data" folder and so on...

ahmedfikry

Jun 13, 2007
This is a great xap modify & tool
working great here on my Samsung focus

it would be great if there is a way to do the same for office files (word, excel, powerpoint) because other apps that have desktop-to-device file explorers do not work on Samsung

thanks

contable

Oct 25, 2009
This is a great xap modify & tool
working great here on my Samsung focus

it would be great if there is a way to do the same for office files (word, excel, powerpoint) because other apps that have desktop-to-device file explorers do not work on Samsung

thanks

Why you don´t use skydrive for your office files ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Intro
    To make a better way to copy .pdf files to adobe reader on windows phone 7, i create this tool to archive this. With some simple clicks, and you can transfer your .pdf files to your phone.

What do you need?
    Windows phone SDK 7.1 is required, if you're using SDK 7.0 this tool will not work
    Your phone must be developer unlocked

How-to
    • First, if the device you are using Adobe Reader which is downloaded from the marketplace, please remove it, then download this version: http://www.mediafire.com/?848nhfde7hqsqww
    • Use any sideload tool to install that .xap file, run it first and then the exit.
    • Download my tool on: http://www.mediafire.com/?d84eak8ncaxbded
    • Connect your PC with the phone, open the Zune, wait until it connects successfully. Also remember to unlock the phone screen.
    • Running the tool, drag and drop PDF files on the listbox. Click "Transfer files" and wait until the process is finished.
    • Running Adobe Reader on the phone and enjoy the reading times.

c92746c87f3aa82c22ee1686f88bd1e3_36911976.p1.png

Leave your feedback if you like this.

winphoneviet.com​
    Wow! Thank for share.
    I get the following Error wit Win7 x64 if that matters. Is there some windows service i have to start? I closed a few, i dont need.

Thanks

You need to download the lastest SDK 7.1 at post#1.
    About the idea of GoodDayToDie: I think that it will be a long time until the next update of Adobe Reader. Besides, if adobe release any update, we still can download, resign it & sideload it

Thanks