Wrong Battery Status

Search This thread

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
Hi
my wildfire can't charge more than 5% i know it is not battery fault because i have used two different batteries.
i wiped my battery 5 times i wiped everything a changed my Rom Changed my kernel.i am using CM7.
i read this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11803458&postcount=10
but it is for Motorolla and when i pull out battery my phone turns off immediately.
i used http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1597846 but it didn't work for me.
i tried to restore my phone to official rom with RUU but i can't because it says that your battery must be more than 30% so i don't know how to do that thank you everyone please guide me?

Echo237

Jun 11, 2012
Ahmedabad
Try installing battery caliberation from play storeand follow the instructions given in the app. It might help.

Sent from Hell!!

If what .xxx. said doesn't work then i'll say the same thing i have said in my almost every post in wildfire section :p

"Your motherboard might be damaged, (the link between micro-USB port and the motherboard to be specific)....please get it checked...i had the same problem"

Reactions: arsalan11

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
If what .xxx. said doesn't work then i'll say the same thing i have said in my almost every post in wildfire section :p

"Your motherboard might be damaged, (the link between micro-USB port and the motherboard to be specific)....please get it checked...i had the same problem"

i think it's software problem not hardware because i changed the battery with another battery which was used in another phone and it was full but in my phone the battery status was 11% when i put it again to another willy it was 95%.

.xxx.

Oct 8, 2011
Mumbai
It doesn't charge after 5% or it doesn't show more than 5% battery? Huge difference between the 2 ;)

Sent from my LG-E730 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Echo237

Echo237

Jun 11, 2012
Ahmedabad
It doesn't charge after 5% or it doesn't show more than 5% battery? Huge difference between the 2 ;)

Exactly. And if it is like that, then use the calibration tool while your phone it on charge.

Again asking for clarifying....is you phone not charging beyond some % or is your phone not showing the charge beyond some %
?

revankar

Nov 21, 2011
I am having a similar problem but mine doesn't charge beyond 75-80% depending upon when I have plugged it for charging.
If I start charging at say 50%+ it charges beyond 80% but does not fully charge, and if I start at say <40% it does not go beyond 74%.
Now at this level if I restart my willy the battery shows 90+% and I can charge it to 100%.

I have tried everything wiping the battery stats, using the calibration tool nothing's really working. I doubt when I used a Samsung charger for charging that's where the electrical circuit might have got damaged or may be when when I dropped it from 4-5ft.
Since I have already rooted it I don't think HTC service center will help me here with motherboard or electrical changes.

If you guys know any method lease let me know and btw it's >1.5 yr old battery.

Thanks

arsalan11

Nov 12, 2011
Tehran
I am having a similar problem but mine doesn't charge beyond 75-80% depending upon when I have plugged it for charging.
If I start charging at say 50%+ it charges beyond 80% but does not fully charge, and if I start at say <40% it does not go beyond 74%.
Now at this level if I restart my willy the battery shows 90+% and I can charge it to 100%.

I have tried everything wiping the battery stats, using the calibration tool nothing's really working. I doubt when I used a Samsung charger for charging that's where the electrical circuit might have got damaged or may be when when I dropped it from 4-5ft.
Since I have already rooted it I don't think HTC service center will help me here with motherboard or electrical changes.

If you guys know any method lease let me know and btw it's >1.5 yr old battery.

Thanks

can you explain more?shall i charge it then remove battery and then start charging again and again?i could reach to 42% woooow but not 100%.
can anyone change the codes of battery by making a flashable patch for just showing 100% of battery(not real status) i need this for calibrating my battery.but batterystats.bin wasn't useful:(

1Franc1s

Oct 17, 2012
This issue may have been solved, but I'll post anyway.

You can calibrate your battery when it's lower than 100% using the app mentioned above. There is an option within the app to calibrate it regardless of battery percentage, just click that option then calibrate.

Hope it helps,
Francis.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try installing battery caliberation from play storeand follow the instructions given in the app. It might help.

Sent from Hell!!

Sent from Hell!!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone