Wrong networtimezone/time after using ATT sim card for i9500 and installing LineageOS

Search This thread

mindstormer

Dec 3, 2012
My ATT S4 broke (just went dead and could no longer be started up despite trying different batteries--I hadn't change/flash anything. If I take off the battery and plug it in, on occasion it would show the bootloader for a few seconds but shutdown right after). Anyway, I have a T-Mobile international i9500 version lying around. I installed LineageOS on it and put in my SIM card. Data works (but no LTE because i9500 doesn't support it) and everything is fine, except the time/timezone is off by a few hours and is wonky.

On my ATT S4, I've always enabled using network time and network time zone without issues. I want to use these settings on the T-Mobile version as well for time accuracy and auto-account for daylight savings (does disabling network time and manually choosing the appropriate time zone also auto-account for daylight savings)?

If I enable both network time and time zones, it will most likely result in the time off by a few hours. Even if it's initially correct (which is rarely), it appears to change back to being off by a few hours. I also tried restarting the phone. I wish I'm getting consistent results--only thing that is consistent is that the time/timezone is off.

I'm not sure if this has to do with APN settings and/or ATT SIM card that works with LTE and is now having trouble on a phone that doesn't have LTE.

Any help is much appreciated.