Wyrm's collection of small useful hacks for Moto G4.

Search This thread

lin_ux

It shouldn't have caused so much trouble. It worked successfully on each of my friends Moto G4 Plus running stock ROM.
Yes, it was a surprise, but I did try it on a totally different model phone, and as I mentioned above the modded file was located in a different place to the stock G4 one.
No real harm done, I could restore my device and get it back to normal again. But I did think it worth mentioning in case other non G4 users tried it like I did.

mithleshjs

Sep 10, 2018
Yes, it was a surprise, but I did try it on a totally different model phone, and as I mentioned above the modded file was located in a different place to the stock G4 one.
No real harm done, I could restore my device and get it back to normal again. But I did think it worth mentioning in case other non G4 users tried it like I did.

I think you didn't pay attention to the thread title. These are Moto G4 specific hacks.

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

lin_ux

I think you didn't pay attention to the thread title. These are Moto G4 specific hacks.
I did pay attention, but as there was nothing similar for my specific model I thought I'd give it a try.
It's not unusual for tweaks like this to work across several model variations from the same manufacturer, so not totally ridiculous to give it a go.

I could recover from the event and no kittens were harmed in my testing, I only posted it as a warning to others if they tried...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a collection of small changes to fix things on my Moto G4 XT1626 that others may find useful.

ElementalX 1.02 with DTV driver:
    This is the great and stable ElementalX Kernel from flar2, without any code changes, but with the ISDBT TV kernel driver that he didn't include in the official version, useful for XT1626 owners that want root but need the DTV receiver working.

Disable esdfs:
    This is a magisk module (can also be flashed if you don't use magisk) to disable ESDFS and use FUSE instead, so apps like apps2sd work properly on the moto G4 or G4 Plus.

MotoG4 incall record enabler:
    This is a magisk module (can also be flashed) that changes the mixer controls mapping to allow incall recording using any playstore app(even without root). Tested with ACR, works fine. This was made for Stock Nougat, untested on other roms.

I will add more quirks and mods I develop in the future to this thread.
    One (somewhat off topic) question: I switched from LOS SU to Magisk in order to install this module. Except for a few other apps that seem to prefer LOS SU I'm happy with Magisk managing SU but in case I want to switch back to LOS SU ...is there a way to get this installed while using LOS SU. Perhaps this is a question for the Magisk thread but I've found no answers by searching so I'm starting here. Thanks again!

All this modules does is replace/bind (mount -bind), /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml with a custom version. You can do the same with a shell script, luckypatcher, or any other root app that alows you to selectively replace files in the system. You can also simply replace the file directly in LOS's /system/ if you want to make it permanent and don't care about keeping /system untampered.
    hope these modules get update to magisk 16, because here when i tried to flash over magisk manager or twrp, shows an error saying that magisk is not installed on system
    I gave your version a try because I'm also running Magisk 17.1 and it trashed my system, wasn't expecting that much fun to happen.
    After I installed module and rebooted the phone it just went to recovery mode, was forced to do a full reset.
    Others be warned, try at your own risk...

FWIW I once used this on a Moto G4 Athene XT1625 running LOS 14.1 and Magisk 16x with no problems. Don’t know about Magisk 17 as I use LOS SU except when specifically testing something else but it's a simple mod which really "should" not cause that much trouble. In any event once you get your device back in shape you could try to enable call recording manually: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73603492&postcount=9.

[EDIT] Added details about device on which I had tested this in Magisk.