• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

X Compact Oreo : can i root my device without losing the Sony camera app ?

Search This thread

ico7liv

Oct 17, 2009
Hello,

My smartphone has no carrier customization.
I recently upgraded my X Compact to Oreo. It's the official Sony update.

I'd like to test Xposed framework. I understood I have to root the device. But I understood that i might lose the Sony camera app, which works better with xperia devices than any other camera app..

Could you tell me if it's possible, without losing the camera quality ? And which are the main steps ?
I ll be able to look for the detail of each steps by myself.

Thanks for your help ;)

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Hello,

My smartphone has no carrier customization.
I recently upgraded my X Compact to Oreo. It's the official Sony update.

I'd like to test Xposed framework. I understood I have to root the device. But I understood that i might lose the Sony camera app, which works better with xperia devices than any other camera app..

Could you tell me if it's possible, without losing the camera quality ? And which are the main steps ?
I ll be able to look for the detail of each steps by myself.

Thanks for your help ;)

You won't lose the camera app, but to root, you need to unlock bl, which wipes ta partition, where certain camera functions are stored, so camera is slightly worse. You can backup that partition to be restored after root, or you can use 'drm fix' which restores the functions that you lost when wiping ta.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/x-compact/how-to/guide-root-custom-kernel-clean-rom-ta-x-t3583183