• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

X Kernel for Oneplus 5/T - 10/31/2021

Search This thread

samwidd

Feb 23, 2013
I have tried both 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 but I find my battery drain is higher than the pre stable version in the same ROM in android 11 OP5

DominicDom

May 10, 2018
Flashed [Lazy-custom-r2.3.2-20210426-1.zip] for A11 Pixel Experience plus for OP5(Cheeseburger).
Checking.
->Booted fine.
->WiFi works
->No bootloop.
->Audio works fine.
->will update on battery usage/drainage.

------------------------END OF MESSAGE-------------------------
#OP5kernel11
#Cheeseburger11customkernel
Custom kernel for oneplus5 A11 [11] [Kernel] [Pixel Experience] [Cheeseburger][OP5] [UNOFFICIAL]

DominicDom

May 10, 2018
Flashed [Lazy-custom-r2.3.2-20210426-1.zip] for A11 Pixel Experience plus for OP5(Cheeseburger).
Checking.
->Booted fine.
->WiFi works
->No bootloop.
->Audio works fine.
->will update on battery usage/drainage.

#OP5kernel11
Custom kernel for oneplus5 A11 [11] [Kernel] [Pixel Experience] [Cheeseburger][OP5] [UNOFFICIAL]

Nope, no improvements. so moved to Stormbreaker kernel [Stormbreaker R1] for Pixel Experience plus for OP5 Cheeseburger.

Got kernel from here ( https://github.com/stormbreaker-project/kernel_oneplus_msm8998/releases/tag/R1 )
i installed the new one(as of july 3rd 2021).
Flashed.
->booted fine
->no bootloops
->wifi and audio works fine
->will update on batt usage/drainage

#OP5kernel11

Attachments

• Stormbreaker-R1-NEWVIB-OnePlus5-T.zip
    14.8 MB · Views: 39

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
Nope, no improvements. so moved to Stormbreaker kernel [Stormbreaker R1] for Pixel Experience plus for OP5 Cheeseburger.

Got kernel from here ( https://github.com/stormbreaker-project/kernel_oneplus_msm8998/releases/tag/R1 )
i installed the new one(as of july 3rd 2021).
Flashed.
->booted fine
->no bootloops
->wifi and audio works fine
->will update on batt usage/drainage

#OP5kernel11
Posting about another kernel in this thread is disrespectful to the developer of Lazy kernel.

DeadRod

Dec 25, 2014
Riyadh, KSA
github.com
OnePlus 5T
New update v2.4!

There's a lot of changes for this one that I don't really want to bother typing XD. Regardless, if you do want to see the changes, check tags and compare v2.3.x to v2.4.

I'll finally be starting with the rebase now and I may or may not rename the kernel. There's no ETA but I'll work on it as much as I have free time from uni.

Cheers everyone! 🎉

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
# Main Features
- Upstreamed 4.4.280 merged
- Latest CAF tag and wifi stack merged for msm8998
- LA.UM.8.4.c25-02500-8x98.0 / LA.UM.8.2.r2-04800-sdm660.0
- Built with latest LLVM Clang 12 from LLVM's apt repository for Debian
- Adaptive Tune Structure
- Dynamically sets values according to interactivity with durations preconfigured, check lazy_defconfig
in source code to see the values.
- Can be modified through any kernel manager by changing adaptive_boost value, a parameter part of the
schedtune structure.
- Makes use of PM QoS to further suplement and improve overall system performance.
- Sultan's CPU higher efficiency frequency table
- Selected changes to scheduler and ARM64 assembly and locking headers backported from higher kernel versions
- New schedtune parameter - 'boost_bias'
- This separately enables the bias that comes with boosting tasks. This is equivalent to enabling boost
which allows the scheduler to just prefer big cluster cpus without increasing the utilization of the
tasks in the said cgroup.
- Unified wifi drivers for better custom ROM support
- Modified Simple Low Memory Killer by Sultan
- ARM's Power Allocator Thermal Governor
- DTS 24bit HPX Eagle ADM and ASM forwardport with modifications to force functionality
- Sound driver modifications (Hardcoded)
- Forced CLS_AB RX HPH Mode (except for telephony)
- Also reconfigured CLS_AB HPH and gain path to match CLS_AB_HIFI implementation
- Removed low-power configuration (xvlad113x and Yaroslav Furman)
- 0.8 DAC gain
- Removed RX HPFs
- Turned on MSM HiFi control
- Set custom ASM MSM audio effect values
- Removed headphone gain control (does not support the modifications due to the
changing of gain source)
- Force map 32 channels and set native samplerate and bit width and format for ADM EC ref
which is involved in post-processing audio for all audio routes
- BBRv1 + FQ_CODEL TCP setup (repicked from xzr)
- TCP adjustments for better internet stability
- CFS modifications to improve task placement
- Rewritten Flicker free (DC Dimming) driver with improvements
- Updated Wireguard to version 1.0.20210606
- Notification LED control by Lord Boeffla
- Fsync Switch by franciscofranco
- USB fast charge mode by engstk and refactored by ederekun
- Uses Firmware MAC address (same as stock OOS MAC address) by prioritizing FW-provided MAC address
instead of wlan_mac.bin or platform driver
- Selected memory management modifications from tytydraco
- Removed CPU input boost and Devfreq boost
- Disabled Userspace boosting
- Disabled more debugging codes as much as possible
- Fixed code errors / warnings pointed out by compiler
- Includes all other features the base kernel provides (F2FS, Wireguard, etc.)
- and more minor stuff...

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
New update v2.4!

There's a lot of changes for this one that I don't really want to bother typing XD. Regardless, if you do want to see the changes, check tags and compare v2.3.x to v2.4.

I'll finally be starting with the rebase now and I may or may not rename the kernel. There's no ETA but I'll work on it as much as I have free time from uni.

Cheers everyone! 🎉
So far, it seems very smooth and stable. Thank you!

Reactions: thaidroid

wanxu

Jun 4, 2012
BCN
Hello! I've Pixel Experience on Android 11 and I've installed:

4.4.280-lazy-custom-develop-v2.4-20210815-1
#1 Sun Aug 15 11:16:02 CDT 2021

Is it the correct one? Is there anything I should configure for the kernel or we are good to go?

Thanks for the job! Sorry for the questions but it is no clear for me.

DeadRod

Dec 25, 2014
Riyadh, KSA
github.com
OnePlus 5T
Hello! I've Pixel Experience on Android 11 and I've installed:

4.4.280-lazy-custom-develop-v2.4-20210815-1
#1 Sun Aug 15 11:16:02 CDT 2021

Is it the correct one? Is there anything I should configure for the kernel or we are good to go?

Thanks for the job! Sorry for the questions but it is no clear for me.
Yep that's right, no need to configure for anything else. Enjoy!

Reactions: kkjb

DeadRod

Dec 25, 2014
Riyadh, KSA
github.com
OnePlus 5T
v2.4 September Update!

I rewrote adaptive tune structure along with significant changes to schedtune and schedutil's functionality to improve performance. This allowed me to drop the Sultan frequency patch without worrying about performance.

Aside from that, this should mark the start of my shift of focus to the rebased kernel and other stuff. Stay tuned in the telegram group for a test build.

Cheers! 🍷

DeadRod

Dec 25, 2014
Riyadh, KSA
github.com
OnePlus 5T
New X kernel is out!

Finally after a long while, the kernel is now rebased and comes with it is a rename! The source code and stuff have been updated as well as the builds. This also supports A12 along with a lot of new stuff a lot of which were written by me. Hopefully this fixes a lot of issues lazy kernel was not able to fix, and also provide a new refreshing experience with this old device.

For now, I will be working on other more exciting stuff with other developers to further extend the life of this device. Hopefully my phone doesn't give in to its age yet :LOL:. Regardless, enjoy the new kernel!

Cheers! 🥂

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
New X kernel is out!

Finally after a long while, the kernel is now rebased and comes with it is a rename! The source code and stuff have been updated as well as the builds. This also supports A12 along with a lot of new stuff a lot of which were written by me. Hopefully this fixes a lot of issues lazy kernel was not able to fix, and also provide a new refreshing experience with this old device.

For now, I will be working on other more exciting stuff with other developers to further extend the life of this device. Hopefully my phone doesn't give in to its age yet :LOL:. Regardless, enjoy the new kernel!

Cheers! 🥂
All I can say is... THANK YOU! 🎉

Last edited:

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
Knowing all the hard work that you have put into this over the last month, I would like to say a huge thank you for your continuous support for the support you give Cheeseburger & Dumpling.

Reactions: sjamie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New X kernel is out!

Cheers! 🥂
    New X kernel is out!

Cheers! 🥂
    All I can say is... THANK YOU! 🎉
    Knowing all the hard work that you have put into this over the last month, I would like to say a huge thank you for your continuous support for the support you give Cheeseburger & Dumpling.
    I second that motion! 🙌🏽

1635632101285.png

X Kernel for Oneplus 5/T

Initiation

This kernel is a CAF-upstreamed unified (OP5/T) kernel based on LOS kernel. This kernel solely aims to be always upstreamed alongside patches from other kernel developers as well as my own personal patches authored by me. I intend to share my personal kernel and my own drivers and modifications to the community to help not only users of the device but also developers who are interested in finding new solutions to improve their own software. I would like to give my utmost gratitude to the well-known kernel developers in this community for their continuous support and contributions to custom Android development under Open Source License.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is not void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead earphones,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Requirements, Features, and Download Link

Link to Kernel Builds Repository

Acknowledgment and Gratification

- maximeyxw, idkwhoiam322, osm0sis, nathanchance, kDrag0n, kerneltoast, tytydraco, poad42, celtare21, Laster K., xzr467706992, trautamaki and various kernel developers to be found in source code who had authored multiple commits picked -
    - QCOM, OnePlus, Google, Linux, CAF, GNU -
    - Private testers that I have in Telegram that had helped me fixed multiple problems as well as all the users who had given their input regarding issues, features, and such -

Development Information
    Source Code:
    Github
    Kernel Features: Github

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2021-10-31
    Current Stable Version: version 1 - build 2
    Created 2020-04-04
    Hello everyone,

Sorry if I have been very inactive in XDA, have been really busy that I am only able to be active in TG most of the times.

I have now released and updated the links as well as the XDA thread regarding the new release, 'panda.' I like pandas so I have decided with that name for the new stable release. I have cleaned up everything as to make it all clearer for new users. Also, I have decided to rebase after the stable release, something that I have already said multiple times in the telegram group although it has been delayed for a long period because of issues. Gladly, I've been able to fix all of the aforementioned issues which have allowed me to release the new version today.

Regardless, I hope the stable release finally brings clarity and gets rid of confusion to many users and also fixes the issues that may have been caused by the previous versions.

Thanks for trusting the kernel! Enjoy everyone!

P.S. I will still push updates to 'panda' (which is why I preserved the revision string) for upstreams and various bug fixes. I'll only be focusing more on the rebase than bringing more features to Lazy.

P.S. (2) I'll be taking a break for a month for now from kernel development and shift my focus on college. Will be returning on April or last week of March maybe.
    So yeah, I'm sorry about being inactive for days when it comes to the forum as well as the long wait for the next version's arrival. I just recently passed my college's aptitude test (and passed yay), and now I'm back to working on it again. So far these are the changes (test builds version X):

- Upstreamed 4.4.220
    - Updated weeb base
    - Staged dynamic stune boost based on input
    - New dynamic underclock (depends on DSBoost)
    - Scheduler tweaks
    - Memory management tweaks
    - Removed CIB and Devfreq boost
    - Removed stune assist
    - Disabled PPP support (unnecessary)
    - Removed noop
    - Set CDG and fq qdisc as default
    - Disabled more logging and debuging stuff
    - and more that I may had forgotten...

I'm still fixing instabilities with the new integrations as I am really just a newbie or an amateur when it comes to coding. Nevertheless, I enjoy it and I do want to learn more. :))

About the TG group, I'm still thinking about it XD

Anyways, good day! :good:
    New X kernel is out!

Cheers! 🥂
    Revision 2 out! Lots of fixes and also additions along with the usual upstream. Will be going off for a while again, 'till then, enjoy!

About the rebase:
    I'm still thinking about the rebase as I need to garner up patience and courage for it, still don't think I am ready specially with how tight real life schedule is currently. Sorry about that.

EDIT: I had to do some incremental revisions to fix issues. Please move to the latest r2.2 one to have performance and audio fixes.