Search This thread

Glorygif

Oct 26, 2013
Jakarta
Booting to download mode is not supported from the power menu in a galaxy y

You also need to hold the home button

Turn phone off
Then hold Vol down & home button - with them held also hold power button

there's something called 'USB Jig', you can make that by yourself i think. I already did that, and this thing will force you to odin's mode.

it's done. My home button is broken. it must be pressed so hard to work.

btw,i used link2sd+link folder method with rootex. perfectly work by now. :laugh::good:

vivimilan

Aug 21, 2013
Tirane
I have one problem i don't know if is my foult. but i cant set alarm clock. when i set one time for alarm clock the ring don't came just for one second and nothing more :S
Sorry for my very bad explain

ErrorCode404

Mar 22, 2015
Wonogiri
Thanks for answer my ask before sir... , and one more "I can't installing some apps, like as BBM Mod, and etc, any problem again sir, but I like this rom. so awesome. good Job sir. and please answer my ask :good::D;)

sozaemon_82

Mar 24, 2015
bekasi
wifi tethering

i follow all flashing instruction and rom is boot well , my problem is wireless tethering cant transfer data , i connect to windows 8.1 its read and conected but cant transfer data , on ubuntu 14.04 it can`t connected , what did i do wrong or theres ant specific setting to resolve this , thak you sir

sory for my bad english

TheFixItMan

• Jul 8, 2012
    London
    i follow all flashing instruction and rom is boot well , my problem is wireless tethering cant transfer data , i connect to windows 8.1 its read and conected but cant transfer data , on ubuntu 14.04 it can`t connected , what did i do wrong or theres ant specific setting to resolve this , thak you sir

sory for my bad english

Use foxfi from the playstore

jlgman

May 11, 2014
    Force Close

Please help, the applications i have installed though google play keeps forcing close. I dunno whats the reason behind these....

Leurie

Dec 9, 2013
    Flash light

please use english, or use google translate

is the flashlight of hyp x realy dosnt work???

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

ohh sorry about that... to those who have a hard time downloading hyp x. you can use IDM and rightclick on the download page and click on the "download all links with IDM. and locate for the file...

jlgman

May 11, 2014
    Maybe you should wipe cache....

well, i tried it but still there the force close error after some time...
    i am previously running on hyperion 9 w/ savie kernel...
    but it seems that some apps are not compatible on HX compared to H9...

one of these is viber (the latest version, 5.01?).... after i activated my account, it keeps forcing close.... ive tried the previous versions, still there is that error and finally there is the v 2.3.6 that is smoothly running....

other than that app errors, i find HX so amazing with its speed... thanks!

*because of HX i discovered fb lite xD

Vohukain

Apr 3, 2014
    Info for people having problems!

1. Do the flashing properly. Full guide is written here. Remember to format EXT4, format, mount and wipe!
    2. Check that your kernel is working right! First my kernel's governor changed always to performance when I tried to change governor. Performance is not good for daily use. It can cause random reboots. I had to reflash kernel for fix.
    3. Google Play Services are not included in the GAPPS package. Some apps doesn't work right without it. I downloaded and installed Google Play Service 5.0.89 apk manually and then did this trick to avoid autoupdate to latest.
    4. Remember that this is CM7.2 build. It is not stock build. You can't use all same tweaks and methods that worked in H9. For more information check CyanMobile eXperience 2.3.8 thead.
    5. Get familar with HyperX settings. Everything you need is there. Just look!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Auj Munir

phespa

Mar 2, 2014
    This is just not Hyperion

Hey Carl. I know you did really much work in this, and I like you for doing so much work for this old device, and I hate to say this, but this isnt Hyperion how we know it.

I used both Hyperions really long, and it was all just really awesome reskinned Touchwiz and Android, having some extra featuers and speed. But this? I met many problems.

For example:
    • I needed to reinstall it 2-3 times
    • I was stuck in bootloop until I managed to flash GApps - I thought it will be OK
    • Statusbar is weird, completely not fitting, and was really buggy for me
    • Settings app was really bad - because of that needed scrolling, I couldnt just easily set up phone

I know, I can still download H8 and H9 here. But I wanted to try this and this just isnt hyperion. Things that are same with this and older versions are logo, developer(s), and that it is based on GB.

–NigthFury–

Oct 14, 2014
    BERK
    Hey Carl. I know you did really much work in this, and I like you for doing so much work for this old device, and I hate to say this, but this isnt Hyperion how we know it.

I used both Hyperions really long, and it was all just really awesome reskinned Touchwiz and Android, having some extra featuers and speed. But this? I met many problems.

For example:
    • I needed to reinstall it 2-3 times
    • I was stuck in bootloop until I managed to flash GApps - I thought it will be OK
    • Statusbar is weird, completely not fitting, and was really buggy for me
    • Settings app was really bad - because of that needed scrolling, I couldnt just easily set up phone

I know, I can still download H8 and H9 here. But I wanted to try this and this just isnt hyperion. Things that are same with this and older versions are logo, developer(s), and that it is based on GB.

have you tried the cyanomobile rom.....try it......:)
    status bar can be changed in many ways......you just have to figure out which config Is best for you....:)

phespa

Mar 2, 2014
    have you tried the cyanomobile rom.....try it......:)
    status bar can be changed in many ways......you just have to figure out which config Is best for you....:)

No, I didnt try it, I dont like it.

And that about status bar - that is what I meant too, it is hard to change something when you cant find it anywhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      untitled_1_by_carldeancatabay-d8mn2gb.png
      X marks the spot!

DOWNLOAD FROM XDA SERVER

XDA:DevDB Information
      Hyperion Project 2015, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360

Contributors
      CarlDeanCatabay
      ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
      Based On: CyanogenMod 7.2 | CyanMobile Experience

Version Information

Created 2015-03-21
      Last Updated 2015-03-22
      Reserved for screenshots

Hyperion is known for it's unique and pleasing UI. We've been on hibernation for a long time but we're not dead yet! And were still on it! Introducing a combination of Light and Dark UI! HyperDesk UI GreyHound!
      HYPERDESK UI | GREYHOUND
      hx_by_carldeancatabay-d8mn1mf.png

CONTACTS
      contacts_by_carldeancatabay-d8mn1n8.png

PHONE
      phone_by_carldeancatabay-d8mn1kc.png

DESKCLOCK
      clock_by_carldeancatabay-d8mn1ni.png

MMS
      mms_by_carldeancatabay-d8mn1l5.png

MUSIC
      music_by_carldeancatabay-d8mn1kv.png

FILE MANAGER
      filemanager_by_carldeancatabay-d8mn1mz.png

LIGHT THEMED APPS
      142699801125265__1__by_carldeancatabay-d8mn6p8.png

MENU STYLE
      142699801125265_by_carldeancatabay-d8mn7ay.png

MISC UI
      142699801125265__2__by_carldeancatabay-d8mn7pl.png
      Reserved for instructions

THIS IS WRITTEN WITH A PURPOSE. INSTRUCTIONS ARE MEANT TO BE FOLLOWED. IF YOU DON'T, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO MOAN IF YOU CAN'T GET THINGS RIGHT

NEW USERS + OLD USERS + WIZARDS

-follow this step by step guide regardless if you are a newbie, an experinced user or a wizard. Your magic will not work inside ClockWorkMod Recovery! Be warned!

Requirements:
      • Stock ROM for your region to make sure you have the correct baseband
      • ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM Recovery) 5.0.2.8
        -this is a recovery for flashing flashable zips such as ROMS, KERNELS, THEMES, ETC
      • EXT4 Formatter [DOWNLOAD HERE]
        -this is used to format your phone's partition to EXT4. If your phone is not formatted to EXT4, flashing will continue but your phone will not boot up
      • CyanogenMod (CM) specific kernel [DOWNLOAD HERE]
      • Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S5360 device
        -if this is not your device, stay away!
      • Hyperion ROM package
        -obviously, please get it on 1st post
      • Google Apps for Gingerbread (GB) 2.3.x [DOWNLOAD HERE]
      HOW TO FLASH
      • Go back to stock rom using Odin
      • Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery
      • Flash CM Kernel
      • Format data, system and cache
      • Mount data, system, cache and sd card
      • Wipe dalvik cache, battery stats
      • Wipe data/factory reset
      • Wipe cache
      • Flash Hyperion ROM
      • Flash GApps

WARNING
      • If you don't format your device using EXT Formatter, you will be stuck at boot logo for eternity
        If you don't use a CM kernel; screenshot, bluetooth and wifi (basically radios) will not work properly or won't work at all
        If you don't format data, system and cache, you will experience autoreboot a couple of times in a day
      • If you won't flash Google Apps, you won't be able to add your google account
      Reserved for features

Hyperion X is based on CyanMobile Experience ROM by SquadZone. That being true, this year's release is the most customizable and most feature packed Hyperion EVER. So, since I am done working on it and probably need a good rest from countless days and nights of putting it all together, for features please do refer to this THREAD

NOTE(S)
      PLEASE, DO NOT WASTE BOTH OF OUR TIME SCRATCHING OUR HEADS WHY THIS OR THAT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU. PLEASE THE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING ;)

This will be updated as soon as more and more users create self made problems due to lack of luck finding the answers in HX Settings
      ACCEPTING OR DECLINING AN INCOMING CALL
      By default the menu key answers the phone call and the back key declines the incoming call. If you want to use the swipe thing without touching something you haven't touched before to pick up a call, go to:

HX Settings > Call > Allow call touch UI
      HOW TO USE EMOJI
      MMS > Settings > Strip UNICODE
      MMS > Settings > Enable Emoji

Reserved for patch notes

Reserved for patch notes