* Your warranty is now void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Audio (Record and Playback)
- Notification LED
What's not working:
Before installing ROM Zip make sure to flash latest pie firmware WW-16.00.1906.411
If not then download & flash latest pie beta first from here FIRMWARE-ASUS_X00P-WW-16.00.1906.411-user.zip.
- Download & Place ROM & Gapps in your internal storage/virtual SD
- Boot into TWRP
- Wipe System, Vendor, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
- Flash the ROM and GApps.
- Reboot and Enjoy.
Click Here To Download
Gapps : https://opengapps.org/ (ARM64 10.0 Nano Recommended)
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred (please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing).
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
- @shaikh lukman for teaching about Android Development
- @trkzmn for rebasing kernel source for pie
- @saalimsam for helping
- Alok, Nitin, Murugan, Shashwat, Hudson Samuel and others for testing
- to whom i forgot
LineageOS, ROM for the Asus Zenfone Max
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: WW-16.00.1906.411
Current Beta Version: 17.1
Beta Release Date: 2020-04-23
Last Updated 2020-07-16