• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[X00TD][ROM] Spark OS v8.0Mist STABLE [Android 11][OFFICIAL][23/09/2021]

Search This thread

jai_91

Dec 12, 2020
INDIA
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
Tried formatting as external (exfat i think it becomes), I get the same notification of SD card error that i earlier mentioned and ofc I could not use it. So i had no choice but to format it as internal (vfat).
you can format ur SD card as external & vfat........once try formatting it from pc too , or try pi kernel / electroperf kernel....my sd card is external & vfat and working good

Reactions: D0CT0RFATE

D0CT0RFATE

Sep 2, 2021
India
Hey guys, is there any method to delete pre-installed OtoMusic and GCam Go as I already have better alternatives to these apps? (Musicolet & GCam 8.1 mod).

Tried clearing the storage of these apps and yet, together they consume around 230+ mb. Normal deletion/uninstall doesn't work.

jai_91

Dec 12, 2020
INDIA
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
Hey guys, is there any method to delete pre-installed OtoMusic and GCam Go as I already have better alternatives to these apps? (Musicolet & GCam 8.1 mod).

Tried clearing the storage of these apps and yet, together they consume around 230+ mb. Normal deletion/uninstall doesn't work.
Goto recovery , mount all , open system/system/priv-app , delete otomusic & camgo folders , reboot........

carval2k

Jun 7, 2008
Braga
Hi,
Thank you for this (one more) ROM for our amazing Max Pro M1 (so far one of the best devices I ever had). Currently with stock Pie and battery for an average of 3,5 days (two SIMs, bt, wifi, gps high precision always on) and using it for both personal and professional stuffs.
If possible, can someone help on this questions:
1 - Known issues? (I really need both SIMs with 4g data, wifi, bt and gps working flawless)
2 - What gapps are included on the ROM?
3 - What is the base launcher? (I always use Nova and some devices/ROMs has some strict settings on launchers not allowing to define a custom one)
4 -Does it has features such as "pick and silence" or "flip down to silence" and "increasing ring"? On stock this does not exists and because of that I use True Phone which btw is much better that stock/google dialer, having full screen picture for both in and out calls.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.

D0CT0RFATE

Sep 2, 2021
India
Hi,
Thank you for this (one more) ROM for our amazing Max Pro M1 (so far one of the best devices I ever had). Currently with stock Pie and battery for an average of 3,5 days (two SIMs, bt, wifi, gps high precision always on) and using it for both personal and professional stuffs.
1 - Known issues? (I really need both SIMs with 4g data, wifi, bt and gps working flawless)
3 - What is the base launcher? (I always use Nova and some devices/ROMs has some strict settings on launchers not allowing to define a custom one)
4 -Does it has features such as "pick and silence" or "flip down to silence" and "increasing ring"? On stock this does not exists and because of that I use True Phone which btw is much better that stock/google dialer, having full screen picture for both in and out calls.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.
1. I am using a single sim currently and GPS, 4G Volte, BT all seem to be working great! In fact, Wifi connectivity is a huge improvement over Stock ROM, which was terrible and had frequent disconnection and range issues.
2. Gapps is included in the non-vanilla zip version (1.3 GB) and you can download whatever Gapps you personally require later from the Play Store. I think the ones already installed are Play Store, GCam Go, Calendar, Calculator, Dialer, Messages & Contacts, Files (I might have missed something, not sure).
3. I'm not sure about the support for third party launchers and never tried as I never required one. Default launcher has worked perfectly and has been very smooth so far. There is no intrusive/buggy/annoying stuff that I have encountered as yet.
4. Pick/Flip and silence is available in the Google phone/dialer app settings itself (already installed). You can find Increasing Ring in Settings app > Sound.

Banking apps also work properly (I've tried GPay and PhonePe, they work as intended).

Do play around with Moto Audio (already installed) profiles to get the best audio experience with speakers as well as with earphones.

Take your time to explore the rest of the neat, make-life-easier features that the Devs have added on this amazing ROM!

Hope I answered your questions to the point. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: carval2k and jai_91

jai_91

Dec 12, 2020
INDIA
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.
All features like dualsim , volte , wifi , gps works good , bt had some issue which was fixed and will release that fixed build once 8.0 is announced , known issue is the above thing itself . You can get 2day backup pie-->A11 effect , gapps version have all basic gapps you need , you can change to any launcher this is custom rom community you won't have such restrictions rather ull find more options , yup those ring features are there.......just wait for v8.0 , it'll fit for you

carval2k

Jun 7, 2008
Braga
1. I am using a single sim currently and GPS, 4G Volte, BT all seem to be working great! In fact, Wifi connectivity is a huge improvement over Stock ROM, which was terrible and had frequent disconnection and range issues.
2. Gapps is included in the non-vanilla zip version (1.3 GB) and you can download whatever Gapps you personally require later from the Play Store. I think the ones already installed are Play Store, GCam Go, Calendar, Calculator, Dialer, Messages & Contacts, Files (I might have missed something, not sure).
3. I'm not sure about the support for third party launchers and never tried as I never required one. Default launcher has worked perfectly and has been very smooth so far. There is no intrusive/buggy/annoying stuff that I have encountered as yet.
4. Pick/Flip and silence is available in the Google phone/dialer app settings itself (already installed). You can find Increasing Ring in Settings app > Sound.

Banking apps also work properly (I've tried GPay and PhonePe, they work as intended).

Do play around with Moto Audio (already installed) profiles to get the best audio experience with speakers as well as with earphones.

Take your time to explore the rest of the neat, make-life-easier features that the Devs have added on this amazing ROM!

Thank you very much for the feedback. It was indeed very useful.
Kind regards.

carval2k

Jun 7, 2008
Braga
All features like dualsim , volte , wifi , gps works good , bt had some issue which was fixed and will release that fixed build once 8.0 is announced , known issue is the above thing itself . You can get 2day backup pie-->A11 effect , gapps version have all basic gapps you need , you can change to any launcher this is custom rom community you won't have such restrictions rather ull find more options , yup those ring features are there.......just wait for v8.0 , it'll fit for you
Thank you for the detail.
Once I'm just on the finding plan, I'll wait for version 8, because I really need the bt (I drive a lot o kms per day and most of the times need to talk on the phone while driving).
Kind regards.

Reactions: jai_91

D0CT0RFATE

Sep 2, 2021
India
OTA wont work in spark source
Much thanks for the update! Everything seems to be running smoothly so far :)
PlayProtect verification/certification still seems to be missing tho, can't see NF in search.

Also OP, what Kernels do you suggest along with this OS? Default Ultron is good enough or are there better ones out there for a much more balanced performance (i.e. decent gaming and battery life)?

Last edited:

jai_91

Dec 12, 2020
INDIA
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
Much thanks for the update! Everything seems to be running smoothly so far :)
PlayProtect verification/certification still seems to be missing tho, can't see NF in search.

Also OP, what Kernels do you suggest along with this OS? Default Ultron is good enough or are there better ones out there for a much more balanced performance (i.e. decent gaming and battery life)?
plsy protect certified , maybe clean flash........ i prefer project infinity / electroperf

Attachments

• photo_2021-09-23_18-29-31.jpg
    photo_2021-09-23_18-29-31.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 15

D0CT0RFATE

Sep 2, 2021
India
Hey,

I had a problem with sdcard too with default kernel. Installed infinity and everything is okay. So maybe there is problem with it. I am on latest update.

Yeah safynet is ok and I installed Netflix but I got some error anyway. It's not big deal but can you confirm that is working for you?

Thanks
Haven't installed NF yet. Will do and let you know if it works. Also, which PI kernel are you using? How's performance, smoothness and battery backup?
SD card reads as external now?

Haven't installed NF yet. Will do and let you know if it works. Also, which PI kernel are you using? How's performance, smoothness and battery backup?
SD card reads as external now?
Yes card is external now without problems so far.

I am using EAS v4.4.283 because this is not my daily driver anymore and its smooth but can't say about battery because is not used much.

Netflix error: "device failure occurred (500.-116)".

What version are you using?

• Sad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    Kind regards.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    Kind regards.
    Spark v8.0 has arrived ........ have a look on changelogs , notes and bugs
    u guys are having somany issues with the rom by default / these are bugs u generated?

if there are bugs pls ping me , if not solved ping againa nd again
    Tried formatting as external (exfat i think it becomes), I get the same notification of SD card error that i earlier mentioned and ofc I could not use it. So i had no choice but to format it as internal (vfat).
    you can format ur SD card as external & vfat........once try formatting it from pc too , or try pi kernel / electroperf kernel....my sd card is external & vfat and working good

logo.png

Spark OS v8.0

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

about.png

AOSP based rom with customization focused on stability and most of all smoothness.

What works?

Almost everything

What's broken?
    USB tether

Screen flicker in telegram app only , plus messenger is fine

installation.png

Reboot to recovery
    Wipe system,vendor,data, cache, and dalvik if coming from another ROM
    Flash ROM zip
    (optional) Flash GApps (for vanilla builds)
    (optional) Flash Magisk (root)
    Format data if encrypted
    Reboot and voila!

Upgrading to a Newer Build
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe cache and dalvik
    Flash ROM zip
    (optional) Flash Magisk
    Reboot and voila!

downloads.png

ROM Download : Link1 | Link2
    Magisk
    NikGApps

screensots.png

HERE

source.png

Spark OS Source

Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/SparkOSCommunity

Spark OS, ROM for codename
    Device:
    X00TD
    Maintainer: @jai_91
    Build Type: Official
    Device Source code : Device | kernel | Vendor

ROM OS Version: 11.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux: 4.4.283
    ROM Firmware Required: Any pie firmware

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 8.0
    Security patch level: September 2021
    SELinux Status: Enforced
    Created 2021-06-15
    Last Updated 2021-09-23
    Ram management is amazing!! 4/64
    Hi
    I've tried updating from 6.9 to 7.0, but it's stuck on the boot animation, so I clean install the room.

the battery backup is better in the 6.9
    apart from that, everything worked great
    try changing kernel as @rony_raj mentioned above , and default kernel also doesnt lag behind and gives good bb , you can see some screenshots attached which were shared by users in telegram
    use smartkernel pack
    add script in script manager

and forgot
    He once said , he doesnt like to root.....So, i didnt suggest him kernel managers , anway thanks for the help
    AWESOME ROM BRO