[X00TD][ROM] Spark OS v8.0Ignite STABLE [Android 11][OFFICIAL][01/02/22]

Search This thread

jai_91

Dec 12, 2020
INDIA
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
Used this rom well for about a week. Now my maps app is suddenly closing and not working. I need maps and use this phone only for maps. Please help
did u do any update / any magisk modifications? there is so issues even after a month for me , can u once contact me in telegram ....we can clearly discuss there , if you are in this rom and want help once send me a msg in telegram , id : jai_91

reis1996

did u do any update / any magisk modifications? there is so issues even after a month for me , can u once contact me in telegram ....we can clearly discuss there , if you are in this rom and want help once send me a msg in telegram , id : jai_91
Hey. Yes I flashed magisk and after uninstalling it maps is working again. I don't need root so I can manage without it.
The battery backup on this rom is amazing. So that's all I need

Reactions: jai_91
UPDATE: YES! I was able to flash SparkOS onto my phone flawlessly (without dowgrading to Pie) and wow, it is really smooth and delivers on battery performance too. Just had 4-5% of idle battery drain (Night 7 hrs), which should reduce to 2-3% max with the Naptime app.
MUCHH better than the buggy Android 10 beta 3 (stock) experience and well worth an upgrade.

I do have a question though. After flashing the ROM, I did a factory reset of the phone (in OrFox recovery, cos of the encrypted storage thing). However, once I rebooted my phone from there, I have not been able to access or use my SD card and its contents through the phone. It says "Issue with San Disk SD card" on my notification bar and when opened, asks to format it and re-use as a new card. Even if I connect my phone to PC, External storage (SD card) is not showing.

Is there ANY WAY I can retrieve all the data which was present on my SD card before I flashed the ROM??

It would be great if anyone could provide any sort of help/advice. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Must be a problem with the SparkOS ROM / kernel used, because all SD Card content is visible / transferable when I mount it to onto my spare Realme 5i.

Last edited:

jai_91

Dec 12, 2020
INDIA
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
UPDATE: YES! I was able to flash SparkOS onto my phone flawlessly (without dowgrading to Pie) and wow, it is really smooth and delivers on battery performance too. Just had 4-5% of idle battery drain (Night 7 hrs), which should reduce to 2-3% max with the Naptime app.
MUCHH better than the buggy Android 10 beta 3 (stock) experience and well worth an upgrade.

I do have a question though. After flashing the ROM, I did a factory reset of the phone (in OrFox recovery, cos of the encrypted storage thing). However, once I rebooted my phone from there, I have not been able to access or use my SD card and its contents through the phone. It says "Issue with San Disk SD card" on my notification bar and when opened, asks to format it and re-use as a new card. Even if I connect my phone to PC, External storage (SD card) is not showing.

Is there ANY WAY I can retrieve all the data which was present on my SD card before I flashed the ROM??

It would be great if anyone could provide any sort of help/advice. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Must be a problem with the SparkOS ROM / kernel used, because all SD Card content is visible / transferable when I mount it to onto my spare Realme 5i.
your SD card must be exfat then.....The problem is default kernel support for exfat cards , there are few ways to solve this,

Connect your SD card to pc with a card reader / through 5i , then take a backup in PC , keep it back in X00TD , format as mentioned , then it will format as vfat storage which is supported by default / most of the kernels for X00TD then restore your data and use normally like before
Or , change to some kernel which supports exfat cards

your SD card must be exfat then.....The problem is default kernel support for exfat cards , there are few ways to solve this,

Connect your SD card to pc with a card reader / through 5i , then take a backup in PC , keep it back in X00TD , format as mentioned , then it will format as vfat storage which is supported by default / most of the kernels for X00TD then restore your data and use normally like before
Yup, going with the first method. Took a backup from 5i onto PC, now gonna do the formatting as per system notification on SparkOS and then transfer back the files here onto Asus X00TD.

Reactions: jai_91

Tried formatting to vfat, but how do I access this partition from PC? on the phone, the extra storage shows up, but not on PC.

Edit: Nvm, I think it now considers the SD card as a part of internal storage itself.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo.png

Spark OS v8.0

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

about.png

AOSP based rom with customization focused on stability and most of all smoothness.

What works?

Almost everything

What's broken?
    USB tether

installation.png

Reboot to recovery
    Wipe system,vendor,data, cache, and dalvik if coming from another ROM
    Flash ROM zip
    (optional) Flash GApps (for vanilla builds)
    (optional) Flash Magisk (root)
    Format data if encrypted
    Reboot and voila!

Upgrading to a Newer Build
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe cache and dalvik
    Flash ROM zip
    (optional) Flash Magisk
    Reboot and voila!

downloads.png

ROM Download : Link1 | Link2
    Magisk
    NikGApps

screensots.png

HERE

source.png

Spark OS Source

Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/SparkOSCommunity

Spark OS, ROM for codename
    Device:
    X00TD
    Maintainer: @jai_91
    Build Type: Official
    Device Source code : Device | kernel | Vendor

ROM OS Version: 11.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux: 4.4.301
    ROM Firmware Required: Any pie firmware

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 8.0
    Security patch level: January 2022
    SELinux Status: Enforced
    Created 2021-06-15
    Last Updated 2022-02-02
    Ram management is amazing!! 4/64
    Hi
    I've tried updating from 6.9 to 7.0, but it's stuck on the boot animation, so I clean install the room.

the battery backup is better in the 6.9
    apart from that, everything worked great
    try changing kernel as @rony_raj mentioned above , and default kernel also doesnt lag behind and gives good bb , you can see some screenshots attached which were shared by users in telegram
    By the way, the battery backup in stock kernel is amazing! Only 0.5%/hour idle drain!
    changelogs for 16/10/21 build:

- OCT security patch merged
    - Kernel upstreamed
    - Screen Flicker issue solved
    - Safety net issues solved