X10 2.2 Update from Official Source

Search This thread

aLPaSLaN07

Oct 5, 2010
Istanbul
SE Turkey Support Center has replied that mail , as the answer of "when will x10 get 2.2?" Since it is in Turkish you will not understand what it says and let me translate it for you.

SE X10 will get the 2.2 update at the second quarter of 2011. Works are still going on for 2.2 version. For further info , you may visit bla bla..

sex10.jpg

So Q2 2011 is the date..

Edit 1 week later

They have sent another mail about that mail (the one above) saying that:

"We would like to correct the statement that we have told you in the previous mail about Android 2.2 version. The information that has been given to you by SE Customer Service is not true We are sorry about the misinforming..

I guess Jeff's investigation worked out :) Cheers

sex10s.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hongy19

mrtim123

Jul 28, 2010
Newcastle
already have 2.2 on mine :) waiting for next version of AOSP that TeamX10 are working on. I dont want another SE ROM on my phone unless i have to have one :)

Thanks for sharing that anyway, it will get many people excited!

Reactions: lool123 and nmg1

pedromr

Jan 31, 2010
SE X10 will get the 2.2 update at the second quarter of 2011.

What means it will be around q3 2012... :p

But that's great news, imo! I think they want to make amends for all the delays with 2.1.

Well... 2.1, then Dual-touch, then 2.2... Sounds like an almost apropriate "excuse-us" for me.

unknown13x

Jun 19, 2009
hmm...the words i got is different, so i would recommend not to put up all hopes to the words that they gave out. I will try to confirm from my side too whether the info is correct. This is due to the new handsets are pushing out with 2.3. Also, the end of life cycle of the X10 is Q1 2011, and SE usually doesn't bring out updates for its product after its EOL (Same policy with all companies). Thanks for the info though!

Tony_C

Oct 31, 2010
hmm...the words i got is different, so i would recommend not to put up all hopes to the words that they gave out. I will try to confirm from my side too whether the info is correct. This is due to the new handsets are pushing out with 2.3. Also, the end of life cycle of the X10 is Q1 2011, and SE usually doesn't bring out updates for its product after its EOL (Same policy with all companies). Thanks for the info though!
I thought I saw on their site product life was 2 years.

im_iceman

Apr 7, 2010
Alsager
We're not talking about warranty - SE have committed to support the X10 with software updates for 2 years.. so it would go "end of life" March 2012.

k1sr

Oct 27, 2008
SE Turkey Support Center has replied that mail , as the answer of "when will x10 get 2.2?" Since it is in Turkish you will not understand what it says and let me translate it for you.

SE X10 will get the 2.2 update at the second quarter of 2011. Works are still going on for 2.2 version. For further info , you may visit bla bla..

sex10.jpg

So Q2 2011 is the date..

Given my limited Turkish, I think it reads something more along the lines of:

Ha! fools - do you honestly think you're going to get 2.2 in this lifetime. As an absolute best, products we release in 2011 may get a 2.2 upgrade, providing it is at least 3 or 4 steps behind the current Android release

Like I say, my Turkish is pretty poor, but I think that's the gist of it...

Reactions: kitrax59

Tony_C

Oct 31, 2010
correct date for warranty, but cell phone companies doesn't produce the same phone for more than 1 year, with some exceptions of course.
I think you have it reversed, Warranty is 1yr, support is 2 yrs.

"This Limited Warranty will last for a period of one (1)
year as from the original date of purchase of the Product"

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
EDIT: OK i found your source on their site. EOL for retail will be in March, but support wise, who knows. It will be UP to 2 years, but I doubt they will push it that far with the rapidly changing Android version.

Great. I have been a SE user since 1997 (Ericsson prior to 2001). All of my phones since that time have all been SE with the exception of a few months using Alcatel. My most recent phone was the C902i which was released summer 2008. I have had a firmware upgrade 3 times since then. The most recent one was back in March or April of this year. You can say all you want about SE being late releasing updates but, they do not abandon their phones. Unlike Samsung, which my wife uses, who abandon them a few months after release. They may have changed now but, that is my experience with them.

Last edited:

MJ_QaT

Feb 25, 2009
London
Great. I have been a SE user since 1997. All of my phones since that time have all been SE with the exception of a few months using Alcatel. My most recent phone was the C902i which was released summer 2008. I have had a firmware upgrade 3 times since then. The most recent one was back in March or April of this year. You can say all you want about SE being late releasing updates but, they do not abandon their phones. Unlike Samsung, which my wife uses, who abandon them a few months after release. They may have changed now but, that is my experience with them.

Actually Sony Ericsson started in 2001 :)

just to let you know as you might got confused with Sony itself or Ericsson

se_dude

Jun 4, 2010
I think we should better lobby with SE to release the 2.3 update rather than blabbering on about Froyo, given SE have already spent their resources on upgraging to 2.3. Would be a viable thing for them to do as well.

MJ_QaT

Feb 25, 2009
London
Yeah sorry. I meant Ericsson which then became Sony Ericsson. Thanks :p

Yep thought so :p

Missing Ericsson from the 90s :D :D

I think we should better lobby with SE to release the 2.3 update rather than blabbering on about Froyo, given SE have already spent their resources on upgraging to 2.3. Would be a viable thing for them to do as well.

I do believe the next Xperia will be 2.2 and updated to 2.3.... or they might jump onto 2.3 in their X12

unknown13x

Jun 19, 2009
Great. I have been a SE user since 1997 (Ericsson prior to 2001). All of my phones since that time have all been SE with the exception of a few months using Alcatel. My most recent phone was the C902i which was released summer 2008. I have had a firmware upgrade 3 times since then. The most recent one was back in March or April of this year. You can say all you want about SE being late releasing updates but, they do not abandon their phones. Unlike Samsung, which my wife uses, who abandon them a few months after release. They may have changed now but, that is my experience with them.

woah woah woah, calm down please, I have not mentioned ONE WORD about SE being late. All I'm saying is whether the info is correct. We (SE and I) have had times where the customer support are not well informed. We've seen MANY cases here since before the 2.1 update. I never said SE will abandon their phones either, but internal people (like me) would know when the EOL of each handset is, and they only last 1 year. 1 1/2 AT MOST. Aino got extended due to the new Classic edition release, but they're the only exception so far. So please don't start bashing on me, I was just suggesting and warn about the info, not to bash on SE.

I do believe the next Xperia will be 2.2 and updated to 2.3.... or they might jump onto 2.3 in their X12

The devs got 2.3 update since last weekend on the new handsets. SE skipped 2.2 and went straight from 2.1 update-1 to 2.3 on the new handsets (Our X10 will still receive the update-2 however, the update-1 on the new handsets was only for debugging) So MR is already wrong on their facts, and I'm not surprised since Eldar isn't the one who wrote it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's some new info's, if its correct then it's good news, however I can't say much as there's not much info about it yet. I'll share my info after CES, need to gather more info.
    sorry, not gonna say anything regarding that. Back to topic, and I think this topic is gone far enough, let's just wait til CES to see things more clearly shall we? :rolleyes:

@ooidort
    nothing new, just bug fixes that causes stability issues
    already have 2.2 on mine :) waiting for next version of AOSP that TeamX10 are working on. I dont want another SE ROM on my phone unless i have to have one :)

Thanks for sharing that anyway, it will get many people excited!
    Umm... Like everyone else, I did an extensive research and review over the net before getting her, so I have no regrets getting it.

And yes, I did try a Desire phone before. I was impressed that it had Live Wallpapers, and the colors seemed richer and transitions were smoother, but like I said, I have accepted Rachael for who she is. And well, she has Live Wallpapers now too.

I don't care about multitouch as there are fun games available that don't require that too. If I need it so desparately, I would have gotten a phone capable of it, not join the Whining Horde.

I bought her because she looks pretty, has cool softwares like Mediascape and Timescape.

Learn to appreciate the things you have, I'd say. If you resent her for her diabilities, why not just sell her to someone who will appreciate her? You'd be happier that way too.
    Hi All,

Just wanted to jump in and confirm that we have NOT made any announcements concerning 2.2 on any current Android devices.

Any information will likely be first released here: http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/

I am investigating the email that was sent. If you have any followup questions, please ask, I will answer what I can.

-Jeff
    Sony Ericsson Answers Team