• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

X10 MicroSD Card Icons (2.1 only)

Search This thread

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
I made one of these for my MicroSD card 'cause I'm nerdy like that:p
Thought some of you might like them too.
Only working with Android 2.1 and below.

1zveger.jpg

70w6dk.jpg

Install Instructions:
*flashable zip in post 6

• You can change the name you want displayed under your icon by opening autorun.inf in any text editor and changing the 'label=' value.
  • You may have issues viewing the icon or renaming the drive if you don't unmount then remount after first 'install'.
  • If you want to install both of these (at separate times, of course) I highly recommend that you rename the 'icon' and 'label' values in autorun.inf as well as the .ico file or you may get a black icon where a white should be or vice versa.
:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: khelwani

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
  • Install Instructions:
I tried to make it noob-proof, so bear with me, advanced users;)
  1. Download one of the attached .zip files
  2. Attach your X10 to the computer and mount the sd card from the pulldown menu on your phone and open to the root
  3. Unzip the contents of your .zip file to the root of your MicroSD (2 files)
  4. Choose to safely remove the MicroSD {ie PHONE CARD (F: )} on your computer then unmount it from the pulldown menu on your phone
  5. Done. The next time you mount the sd to the computer it will have a custom name and icon.

• You can change the name you want displayed under your icon by opening autorun.inf in any text editor and changing the 'label=' value.
  • You may have issues viewing the icon or renaming the drive if you don't unmount then remount after first 'install'.
  • If you want to install both of these (at separate times, of course) I highly recommend that you rename the 'icon' and 'label' values in autorun.inf as well as the .ico file or you may get a black icon where a white should be or vice versa.

I found the original .png's on the internet and just converted them to icons (less time/work). If anyone has time to make some other icons or has some already made, feel free to post!
This is SO not noob friendly:eek:

I download the zip file (by default goes to sdcard/downloads)
I attached my phone to my comp and mounted my sdcard, I think....I selected "turn on usb storage" is that mounting my sdcard?

Here's where I get lost, you said "and open to the root"....please clarify.
First problem is I don't have any option that says "mount sdcard" in the pull down menu once you connect the phone to the pc, when I pull down that menu it says "USB Debugging connected" and "USB connected, select to copoy files to/from your computer." When I select that option, the contents of my sdcard automatically pop up in a window on my pc, I can't get to the root of my sdcard on my comp. Opening Root Explorer and trying to access my sdcard results in an error that says "sdcard is not currently mounted" and won't allow access. I then went to settings/storage to see if I could mount my sdcard that way but the option was greyed out, it was as if I didn't even have an sdcard in my phone as none of the other sdcard info was populated either.

I then ejected my device from my pc and turned off usb storage, went back to settings/storage, and my sdcard was recognized and the "unmount sdcard" option was active, making me think that when the phone recognizes my sdcard, that means it's mounted. Also making me think that in your directions you mean "turn on usb storage" not "mount sdcard".

How do you gain root access via PC? The best I could do was see everything stored on the sdcard.

When you unzip the zip, you have a folder that contains the 2 files, are we supposed to copy/paste those files somewhere or can we just put the whole folder where it needs to be?

Please advise

creage

Jan 9, 2009
Give it up guys, these icons will not work on GB, since for security reasons Android deletes all autorun.inf files from SD card each time it is mounted. I've tried many options, like making it readonly, system etc., still no luck - file gets deleted.

Reactions: AyDee

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Wow. I'm an idiot lol. :p
I never mount my card to PC anymore, I just push things to my card with adb/X10Mod Tool or throw it in Dropbox. Sorry for the runaround.:eek::rolleyes:

*Edited 1st post

Last edited:

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Does it flash?
You have to turn usb storage on to see it, not just connect via usb.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
Yeah it flashed fine but when I turned on usb storage and checked my sdcard for the files, only the icon file was present. Pretty much confirming the other guys post. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made one of these for my MicroSD card 'cause I'm nerdy like that:p
    Thought some of you might like them too.
    Only working with Android 2.1 and below.

1zveger.jpg

70w6dk.jpg

Install Instructions:
    *flashable zip in post 6

:cool:
    This is SO not noob friendly:eek:
    Here's where I get lost, you said "and open to the root"....please clarify.

I believe that means the root of the SDcard.
    e.g. C:/Computer/sdcard
    I believe that means the root of the SDcard.
    e.g. C:/Computer/sdcard

This^

I'll make a couple of flashable zips... This was pre-xrecovery!
    Seems so long ago, but it was less than a year.... :p

*Edit- Attached
    Give it up guys, these icons will not work on GB, since for security reasons Android deletes all autorun.inf files from SD card each time it is mounted. I've tried many options, like making it readonly, system etc., still no luck - file gets deleted.