X10 Mini Pro MultiTouch Driver

Search This thread

shokmah

Sep 8, 2008
Moto G 2014 LTE
LeEco Le 2
MINI PRO seems to have Cypress TrueTouch GEn3 PSoc, that can support more than 2 touchpoint.
I explain more about what should we do to get it work in post 7.

come helping us and We sure can do it.

Last edited:

daervis

Aug 20, 2010
Thx Shok' xD
can u put it in frand' in french ? xD

there is a real chance to activate MT in changing just the kernel ?
that will be nice someone with more knowledge than me (i don't understand anything about drivers :p ) can put his hands dirty for us >_<

shokmah

Sep 8, 2008
Moto G 2014 LTE
LeEco Le 2
yes I found It yesterday too,
diferencies is synaptic/google's prototype driver allow DT but cypress's ctma300 prototype driver just allow single touch, don't have any kind of MT supported.
but in fact, Mini Pro seems to have and Full MT controller (cypress truetouch gen 3).

so there is 1-3 step to get multitouh work on it :
1-change driver by patching or modifying kernel
2-maybe patch Runtimes, libraries and framework if actual versions don't support MT (depend of what does SE developpers)
3-maybe change cypress PSoc firmware if actual don't support multitouch

the paths and files that maybe will interest us :

/sys/bus/serio/
/system/etc/ts_fw_update.sh
/system/etc/firmware/cy8_truetouch_jtouch.hex
/system/etc/firmware/cy8_truetouch_tpk.hex

maybe an custom ROM over actual kernel (customised) is the best way to got it work until bootloader is cracked,but it's not that simple to do it.
everyone can help, we all waiting for you, yes you.

SRT_

May 27, 2010
So, the digitizer is capable of handling even more than 2-point multitouch?

Unfortunately, I'm not a dev, so I can't help out with the drivers...

Just thought I could give some light to the situation, I happened to bump on that teardown before reading your thread...

So, is waiting for someone to tweak the kernel all we can do now?

shokmah

Sep 8, 2008
Moto G 2014 LTE
LeEco Le 2
normaly true touch gen 3 is natively "multipoint capable" except if SE tweaked the firmware and remove the feature.
To improve the driver may be the hardest part of the work.
modifying kernel by "insmod" is quite easy but may be Insufficient for what we attempte to do.

Cracking the Bootloader is the best way so we can put our own kernel version, tweaked as we want.

axy_david

Nov 5, 2010
Generation 3 TrueTouch Solutions

> Multi-Touch All-Points Touchscreen Solution with unlimited touches
> TrueTouch™ family’s newest product delivering unparalleled performance
> Critically acclaimed by many large OEM customers
> Ability to track movement of individual fingers
> Best-in-class average power consumption, scan time, refresh rate and accuracy
> Provides the most flexible user-interface design solution
from their website
http://www.cypress.com/?id=1938
SE is stupid why buyin' gen 3 if they don't wanna include multitouch?

SRT_

May 27, 2010
Generation 3 TrueTouch Solutions

> Multi-Touch All-Points Touchscreen Solution with unlimited touches
> TrueTouch™ family’s newest product delivering unparalleled performance
> Critically acclaimed by many large OEM customers
> Ability to track movement of individual fingers
> Best-in-class average power consumption, scan time, refresh rate and accuracy
> Provides the most flexible user-interface design solution
from their website
http://www.cypress.com/?id=1938
SE is stupid why buyin' gen 3 if they don't wanna include multitouch?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Sony Ericsson... :D

shokmah

Sep 8, 2008
Moto G 2014 LTE
LeEco Le 2
but SE don't tell anything about mini/pro,before that they said putting MT on mini/pro will decrease user experience beacause of smaller screen size, maybe they thinks peoples will stay on the SE home which not allow anything, by the way making our own Driver will ensure that we can have multitouch or modifiying the firmware will permit us to add some features like new gestures or many other things I, If it's possible peoples will found for what.

EDIT : pinch to zoom is the best for Dualtouch, but we have a Full multitouch screen no limited to 2 fingers

Lweek

Oct 7, 2010
What about if actual drivers support MT but it is disabled in a config file? Maybe we should start searching there before much more complicated driver replacement. =)

loger8

Nov 24, 2010
Madrid
What about if actual drivers support MT but it is disabled in a config file? Maybe we should start searching there before much more complicated driver replacement. =)
If that were true we would only get dualtouch at most, I believe....
Just like in the big x10... shokmah, is it true that our screens support multitouch? I mean, 10 finger multitouch? Just like the iphone? Oo that would be awesome!!! I'll study this brutally if that's true....

Sent from my E10i using XDA App

shokmah

Sep 8, 2008
Moto G 2014 LTE
LeEco Le 2
yes absolutely true, but I don't know how much fingers , but sure more that 2 .
Driver actually don't support any kind of multitouch, you can found sources released by SE and it just support 1 finger, so this is really the first thing to Do.

Reactions: SRT_

kurotany

Nov 5, 2010
Not bootloader but Recovery

Hey this thread really is exciting knowing that mini/pro CAN actually support MT, although i think i read somewhere that mini can only support 2 fingers, either way is better than just 1 XD, mostly for emulators, aaaany way, member zdzihu posted a recovery method for flashing custom roms on mini/pro
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=878426
hope the devs can make MT work :D

mehmehmen

Nov 26, 2008
interesting

Hey this thread really is exciting knowing that mini/pro CAN actually support MT, although i think i read somewhere that mini can only support 2 fingers, either way is better than just 1 XD, mostly for emulators, aaaany way, member zdzihu posted a recovery method for flashing custom roms on mini/pro
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=878426
hope the devs can make MT work :D

dont forget though that this recovery is not a recovery as we understand them on sensibly made devices (cheers sony......) there is still no custom kernel ability as i gather and STILL no custom roms other than the unstable build for x10i... iv been following these threads very closely and am more than willing to help you guys to figure out a way to achieve MT. if any code source is needed to be pulled and put to you let me know. also would looking at files from a mini/pro on 1.6 then comparing with files from 2.1 updated phones as maybe this could show areas of interest more clearly??? i am new to the idea of development and such but just an idea. fresh minds=fresh ideas right?? :D praying for a functional sony ericsson phone soon lmao

kurotany

Nov 5, 2010
Hey there again

There are now custom roms and a tutorial made by svprm to make them, i tried it and it works, is an easy way to root the latest firmware update and it works with xrecovery, also with bin4ry flashtool you can flash different files from firmwares that includes the kernel.sin and system.sin of sony's updates, so my idea is that maybe kernel.sin could be decrypted and modified so that the device works with multitouch the same way system.sin is decrypted to make custom roms, so just a thought for devs that know how to work at kernel level maybe it works this way :p:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I couldn't beleive it when I got it going!
    Here is a screenshot I took :-D
    Its awesome!!!
    d4b7800c-0363-7d98.jpg

Sent from my U20i using XDA Premium App

Recording a video :)

EDIT:

Wanna look at this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1R-JN12CXQ

Multitouch First Video :)

EDIT2

For people who are having problems with adb, download terminal emulator frrom market.
    Flash this through xRecovery - Link - MD5 - 992FD85AE8334CCA0582D753235FF494

Open terminal emulator and write this:
    Code:
    su
    sh /system/mt.sh

Su, should ask for permissions, press allow :), after this, script wait 25 seconds to open module, so you have 25 seconds to open MultiTouch Visualizer 2, and enjoy, when you done, reboot device

PD: It's not automatically loaded at start, you need to type on console every time you want multitouch, and then reboot for stop it :)
    Short Anouncement, we sucessfully loaded modded driver, and currently patching dual touch.
    next step three fingers, 4 fingers is too small for screen.

Dual Touch is Working, its buggy but working
    I just wanted to let everybody know we (doixanh and I) have managed to unload the kernel touch driver. Now we can replace the driver with a modded one. However we are not that far yet.
    Its giving me feel that Multi-Touch is at doorstep..! Owain what are you upto?? Gonna buy SE with all the donations??

sent from my freaking xperia x10 (CM7 v5) using xda premium app!!!

nah SE was almost bankrupt not a good plan lol :p
    android have saved ther asses

i got al kernel hid multitouch files that are needed for truetouch serie

yeah that is right you will have a single touch driver and the hid will ad the rest of it!

it is easy to add and compile now the bug fixing part :(

i think i need to say sorry to the owners of an mini i will first do mini pro

and if i got time after it maby the mini but probz i will only do the pro

Don't hate me for that otherwise do it yourself <3
    here is my newest attempt. didn't work either

Code:
    static int __init cy8ctma300_ser_init(void)
    {
    	int rc;
    	struct serio_driver * otherDriver; 
    	struct device_driver * other = driver_find (CY8CTMA300_SER_DEV, &platform_bus_type); 
    	struct platform_driver cy8ctma300_pf_drv_old = {
    	.probe = cy8ctma300_pf_probe,
    	.driver = {
    		.name = CY8CTMA300_SER_DEV,
    		.owner = other->owner,
    		},
    	};	
    	otherDriver = to_serio_driver (other);

if (other) 

{ 	printk(KERN_ERR "Previous driver found: %s\n", other->name);
    		put_driver(other);
    		printk(KERN_ERR "Previous driver found: %s, addr 0x%x, owner %x\n", other->name, (int)otherDriver, (int)other->owner); 		
    		driver_unregister(other);
    		platform_driver_unregister(&cy8ctma300_pf_drv_old);
    		serio_unregister_driver (otherDriver);	

printk(KERN_ERR "Prev driver removed\n");	

} 
    	DBG(printk(KERN_INFO "%s: enter\n", __func__));
    	rc = platform_driver_register(&cy8ctma300_pf_drv);
    	if (rc) {
    		printk(KERN_ERR "%s: Unsuccessfull pf drv reg\n", __func__);
    		return rc;
    	}
    	rc = serio_register_driver(&cy8ctma300_ser_drv);