• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

x10 survives 30 minutes washing machine

Search This thread

onyu

Feb 27, 2011
So 2 days ago I've put my pants in the washing machine and forgot my x10.
After 30 minutes I've realized this and immediately took it out, rinsed it with cold water, took it completely apart, rinsed again.
Then I've let it dry in the sun and put it back together.
First tries it did nothing so I've put it back in the sun again. Now it boots without problems, screen works but colours look a bit funky because the water. speaker and mic and everything else are working perfectly.

So my next phone is definitaly going to be a sony again.

Just wanted to share my stupid story. If it doesn't belong here feel free to delete.

nelikp

Oct 25, 2011
lost world
After 30 minutes I've realized this and immediately took it out, rinsed it with cold water, took it completely apart, rinsed again.
First tries it did nothing so I've put it back in the sun again. Now it boots without problems, screen works but colours look a bit funky because the water. speaker and mic and everything else are working perfectly.

Just wanted to share my stupid story. If it doesn't belong here feel free to delete.

actually I'm a technician/electrician

it not about Sony or samsung..it all about a basic thing...whenever any electrical (with mainboard and chipset) items get into water..

1-DO NOT turn it on...
2-Remove batery /unplug power supply
2-just let it TOTALLY DRIED..I repeat..TOTALLY DRIED...then it will fine..

now we have a liquid to protect electronics from water..
here to watch what I'm talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ4g-5VBzVs

Last edited:
Reactions: NikitoGR

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011

Don't make me try. Nice to know it is "water resist“ :)

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

actually I'm a technician/electrician

it not about Sony or samsung..it all about a basic thing...whenever any electrical (with mainboard and chipset) items get into water..

1-DO NOT turn it on...
    2-Remove batery /unplug power supply
    2-just let it TOTALLY DRIED..I repeat..TOTALLY DRIED...then it will fine..

now we have a liquid to protect electronics from water..
    here to watch what I'm talking about
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ4g-5VBzVs
    Wow! You are very lucky! I've heard that you should not turn it on (as nelkip says) and should immediately remove the battery...