Question x3 pro about undervolting....

Search This thread

samilbaba

Apr 3, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
hi people i am curious about undervolting and underclocking. is there a possibility that i can make my phone more enerrgy saver?? i don't need too much performance, i am just playing pubg at lowest settings 60fps and thee phone gives more than i need (i think). So... i need enough performance and longer battery life. what can i do

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
The biggest power consumer in the device is probably the display and not the CPU/GPU. Even if you undervolt, it's only a few millivolts anyway and that would hardly do anything. Setting the display as dark as possible would probably be the most efficient, although this won't work miracles either.

samilbaba

Apr 3, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
The biggest power consumer in the device is probably the display and not the CPU/GPU. Even if you undervolt, it's only a few millivolts anyway and that would hardly do anything. Setting the display as dark as possible would probably be the most efficient, although this won't work miracles either.
but i've got more when undervolted mi 9t pro.. by the way there is just a different cpu (732g vs 860) between x3 nfc and pro. And snapdragon 778 has adreno 642L gpu and it's TDP is 5w (860's is 10w). ANYWAY What is the difference between x3 nfc and pro?? x3 nfc has 10 hrs screen on time and x3 pro has approx. 7hrs. WHY???

Attachments

• 778gvs860.PNG
    778gvs860.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 76

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
ANYWAY What is the difference between x3 nfc and pro?? x3 nfc has 10 hrs screen on time and x3 pro has approx. 7hrs. WHY???

samilbaba

Apr 3, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
You are right!! Tested in 60hz and battery drained %7 in 38 mins. Such a good battery.

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
ANYWAY What is the difference between x3 nfc and pro?? x3 nfc has 10 hrs screen on time and x3 pro has approx. 7hrs. WHY???
Of course, the CPU/GPU of the X3 NFC (5W TDP) consumes significantly less power compared to the X3 Pro (10W TDP), which means that the Screen On Time is higher compared to the X3 Pro. A computer with a Core i3 CPU and a GTX 1650 Super also consumes less power than a Core i7 with a RTX 3060 Ti. You can of course undervolt the CPU/GPU of the X3 Pro, but you will probably never get the power consumption close to the X3 NFC. The cores architecture, clock rates, the internal memory and the memory bus + RAM speed used in both devices are also different, so that you can't really compare them.

The SD860 is about twice as fast as the SD732G (at least in synthetic gaming benchmarks), so it should be clear that this additional performance has to be bought with additional consumption somehow.

samilbaba

Apr 3, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Of course, the CPU/GPU of the X3 NFC (5W TDP) consumes significantly less power compared to the X3 Pro (10W TDP), which means that the Screen On Time is higher compared to the X3 Pro. A computer with a Core i3 CPU and a GTX 1650 Super also consumes less power than a Core i7 with a RTX 3060 Ti. You can of course undervolt the CPU/GPU of the X3 Pro, but you will probably never get the power consumption close to the X3 NFC. The cores architecture, clock rates, the internal memory and the memory bus + RAM speed used in both devices are also different, so that you can't really compare them.

The SD860 is about twice as fast as the SD732G (at least in synthetic gaming benchmarks), so it should be clear that this additional performance has to be bought with additional consumption somehow.
You are right... But İ wanna try something. can i use mi 9t pro underclocking manual on x3 pro ???? you know the 855 and 860 are same

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
You are right... But İ wanna try something. can i use mi 9t pro underclocking manual on x3 pro ???? you know the 855 and 860 are same
They are very similar but not identical. Nevertheless, the guide for the 9T Pro should probably serve as a good reference. In any case, make a backup beforehand, every chip reacts differently. I wish you the best of luck and let us know how it turned out.

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
For undervolting you would probably need a custom kernel.

You are right... But İ wanna try something. can i use mi 9t pro underclocking manual on x3 pro ????
Underclocking is not worth it.

I did a full-time test on NoGravity Kernel with PC Mark. Way worse performance and a ridiculous 30minutes gain (minimum screen brightness)
Left is normal balanced Profile. Right is battery saver with reduced maximum frequency.
Screenshot_20211226-095943_PCMark.pngScreenshot_20211227-121345_PCMark.png

Reactions: thorin0815

samilbaba

Apr 3, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

I did a full-time test on NoGravity Kernel with PC Mark. Way worse performance and a ridiculous 30minutes gain (minimum screen brightness)
Left is normal balanced Profile. Right is battery saver with reduced maximum frequency.
View attachment 5512981View attachment 5512983
sir please can you try this on lowest frequency( i mean 720g-like performance )?????? im not expecting to work battery test, it takes too much time so dont hurt yourself. just what are your thougths

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
sir please can you try this on lowest frequency( i mean 720g-like performance )??????
Approximately half of the CPU cores would have to be deactivated completely and even then the 720g would probably still have the edge in terms of power consumption, because the GPU of the SD860 also has three times as many shader units as that of the 720g and accordingly it consumes more power.

Years ago I played around a lot with UC/UV on smartphones, but in the end it wasn't really worth it. And it seems that it's still not worth the effort, as Haldi4803 has shown with his post.

samilbaba

Apr 3, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Approximately half of the CPU cores would have to be deactivated completely and even then the 720g would probably still have the edge in terms of power consumption, because the GPU of the SD860 also has three times as many shader units as that of the 720g and accordingly it consumes more power.

Years ago I played around a lot with UC/UV on smartphones, but in the end it wasn't really worth it. And it seems that it's still not worth the effort, as Haldi4803 has shown with his post.
Yes sir you are right!! 60hz is working good on energy saving. One more question: in the screenshots, first graph is beginning when %90 and the second %75. is there a wrong thing???

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
sir please can you try this on lowest frequency( i mean 720g-like performance
Battery saver preset already reduces big cores to 1400mhz or something like that.
You see performance from 12'000 to 8'500 which is about 30% performance drop. But there is no 30% Battery life increase, but only 3%.

Might be different for GPU underclocking. But I haven't really taken a lookt at that,as I don't play games on my phone.

In the screenshots, first graph is beginning when %90 and the second %75. is there a wrong thing???
No. Both started properly at 100%. The app just fails.
You can see the 2nd screenshot go down to 20% at Pass 80 but then still going over pass 120.

samilbaba

Apr 3, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Battery saver preset already reduces big cores to 1400mhz or something like that.
You see performance from 12'000 to 8'500 which is about 30% performance drop. But there is no 30% Battery life increase, but only 3%.

Might be different for GPU underclocking. But I haven't really taken a lookt at that,as I don't play games on my phone.

No. Both started properly at 100%. The app just fails.
You can see the 2nd screenshot go down to 20% at Pass 80 but then still going over pass 120.
Thank you

Ramesh006

Jan 15, 2014
i got two simple solutions.
1) set framerate in pubg to smooth and low at the beginning of the game. when you go for fights just increase it to extreme. also set low framerate in lobby. this will definitely keep device cool and save a lot of battery.
2) use venella os and freeze all the apps with icebox app. leave only few apps this will also makes device cooler while playing games personally i have noticed calyx os keeps this device very cool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You are right... But İ wanna try something. can i use mi 9t pro underclocking manual on x3 pro ????

Screenshot_20211226-095943_PCMark.pngScreenshot_20211227-121345_PCMark.png