• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question X3 Pro only shows FASTBOOT logo, can't turn off

Search This thread

KenMar

Jul 31, 2011
Hi,

I successfully unlocked the bootloader and tried to install "lineage-18.1-20210917-recovery-vayu.img", it seemed to go well but on attempted to reboot to recovery, the default MIUI version was re-installed.

I tried a couple more things, can't really remember exactly but all I get now is the FASTBOOT screen.

If I press the POWER button, I get a vibration, then POCO logo and screen then goes to the FASTBOOT screen,

If I press any combination of Vol+/Vol- + Power, I get the vibration, POCO logo then back to FASTBOOT screen.

If I use ./fastboot devices using ADB, the serial # for the X3 Pro displays correctly.

PS C:\Users\parke\Desktop\platform-tools> ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Sending 'recovery' (61996 KB) OKAY [ 1.403s]
Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.128s]
Finished. Total time: 1.549s

I've probably without knowing, have corrupted or damaged the boot to partition.

I'm a newbie with X3 Pro mobile, can anyone please assist me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Cheerz :) :D ;)

Last edited:

van_

Sep 18, 2021
i don't know how can i really help you with that, what i do know is that since you can access fastboot mode, MAYBE you can reinstall the stock miui rom by flashing with miflashtool, please follow munchy's video on youtube, he explained it well and I'm sure you can follow it.

KenMar

Jul 31, 2011
i don't know how can i really help you with that, what i do know is that since you can access fastboot mode, MAYBE you can reinstall the stock miui rom by flashing with miflashtool, please follow munchy's video on youtube, he explained it well and I'm sure you can follow it.

Thanks van_, followed munchy on youtube as you suggested. and got X3 Pro out of Fastbbot mode.

Do you have a ROM that you recommend, just require it to be light and stable?

Hi,

I successfully unlocked the bootloader and tried to install "lineage-18.1-20210917-recovery-vayu.img", it seemed to go well but on attempted to reboot to recovery, the default MIUI version was re-installed.

I tried a couple more things, can't really remember exactly but all I get now is the FASTBOOT screen.

If I press the POWER button, I get a vibration, then POCO logo and screen then goes to the FASTBOOT screen,

If I press any combination of Vol+/Vol- + Power, I get the vibration, POCO logo then back to FASTBOOT screen.

If I use ./fastboot devices using ADB, the serial # for the X3 Pro displays correctly.

I've probably without knowing, have corrupted or damaged the boot to partition.

I'm a newbie with X3 Pro mobile, can anyone please assist me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Is your bootloader really unlocked??? Have you seen an unlocked lock while booting earlier or the unlock tool showed "unlocked" when connecting mobile to it?

If yes, then:
- grab a good recovery image file (can be for instance OrangeFox on its official website, for Poco X3 PRO there is a beta available that works fine but for backups) and save it in your PC, on same of fastboot folder
- turn on your mobile on fastboot, plug to PC, wait a few seconds, type the fastboot command to list devices as you wrote....confirm you find mobile.
- now fastboot flash the recovery image to RECOVERY. See if finish with no error.
- now reboot to RECOVERY, not to system (Android, normal boot). Can do this issuing a fastboot command only OR by holding Vol+ and then power (keep Vol+ till recovery screen appears).

After flashing recovery image if you start booting to system the MIUI kills the recovery. Probably that is what happened to you.

Now under recovery format data (the menu you have to type "yes" ) and then you can connect/mount data to PC and transfer LOS zip (and Gapps, Magisk) and flash. Or can use USB OTG. Or can let zip files on SD Card on tray.

KenMar

Jul 31, 2011
The bootloader is unlocked, I see the unlocked symbol at bootup.

Tried TWRP and OrangeFox so revovery seems to be working.

Last edited:
The bootloader is unlocked, I see the unlocked symbol at bootup.

In recovery, I formated data, typed yes but if I try to boot back into OrangeFox, the stock muiu Fastboot has replaced OrangeFox Recovery. :(

On PC: unzip the OrangeFox zip and get the file recovery.img to the fastboot program folder

On mobile: put in fastboot mode

On PC: open cmd on the fastboot folder and type
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery

On mobile (will be in OrangeFox):
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
format data (typing "yes" )
reboot to RECOVERY
....now will reboot back to OrangeFox
transfer zips by MTP or plug OTG (and mount it!)
flash zips
reboot to SYSTEM

One important point: are you flashing LOS 18.1 (Android 11)? If so be sure your current MIUI is v12.5.1 or newer.

Last edited:

KenMar

Jul 31, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write your detailed information, much appreciated.

Thumbs_UP.png

I was able to install TWRP and ArrowOS and all seems to be running smooth and stable.

On PC: unzip the OrangeFox zip and get the file recovery.img to the fastboot program folder

fastboot devices
fastboot reboot recovery

wipe cache
wipe dalvik
reboot to RECOVERY
flash zips
reboot to SYSTEM

One important point: are you flashing LOS 18.1 (Android 11)? If so be sure your current MIUI is v12.5.1 or newer.

Reactions: wilsonhlacerda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write your detailed information, much appreciated.

Thumbs_UP.png

I was able to install TWRP and ArrowOS and all seems to be running smooth and stable.

fastboot devices
    fastboot reboot recovery

wipe cache
    wipe dalvik
    reboot to RECOVERY
    flash zips
    reboot to SYSTEM