• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question X3Pro Photo Thread

Search This thread

mgbosshogg

Feb 6, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
IMG20210429181258-01.jpeg

IMG20210501115246-01.jpeg

IMG_20210501_184109_142.jpg

Reactions: tobias14

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
Does anyone have the 10-bit HEIC (aka HEIF) files working on Windows 10? I can view the pictures on the phone just fine, but Windows refuses to display them. They do display fine on my Mac but not on Windows 10.

And yes, I have the HEIF Image Extensions loaded. And tried reinstalling them, and resetting them. But not joy :-(

Is it just me? Or do others have this working?

(BTW 8-bit HEIC files work just fine)

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
Sorry for the bump but please guys help me out here. Can someone enable 10-bit images and see if they can view them on their Windows 10 PC? This takes 2 minutes to test.

I'd be grateful.

It took a bit more than 2 minutes as sharing the pic to Telegram auto-converted it to JPEG! Same if I did that from the File Explorer.

Sent by email, tried to open with Paint.Net -> no-go.
Then Microsoft Photos, which asked to to install the HEIF extension from the Store.

1621350803297.png

Didn't work :(

There is a free HEIC Image Viewer on that same store though.

1621350974082.png

Nice! Let's try that

1621351081175.png

So I gave up...

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
Thanks folks for your help here.

I cannot get it to work on Windows either. Same
It took a bit more than 2 minutes as sharing the pic to Telegram auto-converted it to JPEG! Same if I did that from the File Explorer.

Sent by email, tried to open with Paint.Net -> no-go.
Then Microsoft Photos, which asked to to install the HEIF extension from the Store.

View attachment 5313007

Didn't work :(

There is a free HEIC Image Viewer on that same store though.

View attachment 5313009

Nice! Let's try that

View attachment 5313013

So I gave up...
Thanks!

Reactions: latino147

mhammedali21

Jun 20, 2021
Kick off some pictures. Only rules are X3Pro only and straight from the camera.
Does anybody have the 10-bit HEIC (aka HEIF) files running on home windows 10? I can view the pics on the phone just high-quality, however windows refuses to show them. They do show quality on my Mac but not on windows 10.
Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
And sure, i have the HEIF photo Extensions loaded. And tried reinstalling them, and resetting them. But not joy :-(

Is it simply me? Or do others have this operating?

Last edited:

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
Does anybody have the 10-bit HEIC (aka HEIF) files running on home windows 10? I can view the pics on the phone just high-quality, however windows refuses to show them. They do show quality on my Mac but not on windows 10.

And sure, i have the HEIF photo Extensions loaded. And tried reinstalling them, and resetting them. But not joy :-(

Is it simply me? Or do others have this operating?
Same. Seems the OPPO interpretation of HEIC / HEIF is not the same as Microsoft's. Which is quite a shame!

I also note that since the last update, Google Photos will no longer sync these images. It now says "device only" when you view them on the phone :-( So not only do they not display on Windows, now they don't even sync over.

I do hope OPPO fix this. It was one of the main reasons I bought the phone. Being able to view photos on the phone only in 10-bit is a fat lot of use.

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
I note that since the last update (11 A 21), the phone will again sync HEIC files in Google Photos and windows can now open them... provided they are 8 bit. Windows can still not open 10-bit HEIC files from the Find X3 Pro, even though Macs can do so.

So this frustrating restriction still remains. One of the key selling points of the phone - 10-bit end to end workflows - is still unavailable MONTHS after launch. I do hope they fix this because otherwise all of the pre-launch marketing material was basically a lie.

maxellxl

May 1, 2017
I note that since the last update (11 A 21), the phone will again sync HEIC files in Google Photos and windows can now open them... provided they are 8 bit. Windows can still not open 10-bit HEIC files from the Find X3 Pro, even though Macs can do so.

So this frustrating restriction still remains. One of the key selling points of the phone - 10-bit end to end workflows - is still unavailable MONTHS after launch. I do hope they fix this because otherwise all of the pre-launch marketing material was basically a lie.
Have u tried installing heic/heif plugin from MS Store? On my laptop with windows 10 I can display HEIC 10bit photos. On my desktop I cannot (no heic plugin)

pademat

Aug 3, 2008
München
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Hello,
Looking at posted photos I understood my mobile HW is not defective. The camera SW of Oppo Find X3 pro is quite a disappointment.
In my opinion pictures taken in sunny days are dramatically over saturated and over exposed. Person skin seems made of plastic and vegetation colours quite unnatural.
In cloudy days results improve, but photos are almost always over exposed. It seems SW applies a beauty filter to faces, even if this function is turned off.
With GCam the pics are much better! Unfortunately we lose all aux lenses...
I'm really disappointed. I find unbelievable, no YouTuber ever pointed out this issue during their reviews.
Does someone have suggestions to mitigate the problem with stock cam or can suggest alternative can which can use all available lenses (no root)?

The Blue t-short of my son is almost white, the sunny areas have no details.
lights in the background of the kinder seat are completely over exposed.

Attachments

• IMG20210918115407.jpg
    IMG20210918115407.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG20210919134334.jpg
    IMG20210919134334.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 63

Chippy_boy

Aug 29, 2016
Hello,
Looking at posted photos I understood my mobile HW is not defective. The camera SW of Oppo Find X3 pro is quite a disappointment.
In my opinion pictures taken in sunny days are dramatically over saturated and over exposed. Person skin seems made of plastic and vegetation colours quite unnatural.
In cloudy days results improve, but photos are almost always over exposed. It seems SW applies a beauty filter to faces, even if this function is turned off.
I'm really disappointed. I find unbelievable, no YouTuber ever pointed out this issue during their reviews.
Does someone have suggestions to mitigate the problem with stock cam or can suggest alternative can which can use all available lenses (no root)?

To be fair the EV range on those 2 shots is enormous and the camera is faced with either under-exposing the shadows or clipping the highlights. It's chosen the latter, which honest I would expect many point and shoot cameras would do. When I got my first DSLR many years ago I thought it was under-exposing everything (which it was) but it was merely protecting the highlights, which I had not been used to with P&S cameras I used previously.

The Find X3 Pro is probably erring on the side of over-exposure because with a tiny sensor, you need to feed it with as much light as possible in order to keep the noise levels down. It's a design decision and an understandable one IMO.

At the end of the day, all you had to do with these shots was dial in a bit of -ve exposure compensation.

maxellxl

May 1, 2017
Hello,

Firstly you dont know how other phones would capture this scene...maybe even worse.

Im mostly happy with the camera but im not a Pro. Sometimes I take shots with HDR on/auto or with AI on/off which makes huge differences.

You can check out my samples on gdrive: gdrive
Not every pic is perfect but it will give you maybe some comparison with your results.

Top Liked Posts