Hi, did you manage to install a custom ROM on this device or change it to global x7 max? Gt neo fe and x7 max seem to be the same device, at least spec-wise.
Hi, do you know now? Are GT neo and GT neo flash firmware same?
@mahotlovX7 MAX and GT NEO FLASH/UBRICK
CONVERT GT NEO/GT NEO FE to X7 MAX
(and vice versa)
Please read all the information before proceeding.
1) In Developer options need turn "ON", "OEM unlock" and USB Debug.
2) Unlock your bootloader.
-Save the DeepTesting. apk application on the phone and run it. (there are two versions in the archive for GT NEO and GT NEO FE)
Then follow the screenshots.
View attachment 5415895View attachment 5415897View attachment 5415899
We are waiting. After about 15-60 minutes (or more), the unlock tool will show the status of the unlock request. If it shows that the unlock was successful (as in the screenshot below), we proceed to the next step.
You can exit the app and log in later to check the status.
View attachment 5415901
The device itself should reboot into fastboot mode.
You should have ADB drivers installed, if there are none, then you will see an Android device in the device manager.
The ADB drivers are in the "Programs and Drivers" folder at the links above, unpack and install them manually.
Click on "Android", then "driver", then "update driver". Next, " Find drivers on this PC (search and install the driver manually)".
Next, "Select a driver from the list of available ones", then "Show all devices" (this item may remain), then "install from disk", search for our adb drivers folder, click on " android_winusb. inf "
and select"Android Bootloader Interface" from the list. Done.
Next, run BL UNLOCK.bat from the folder "Unlock Bootloader", Read the instructions in the bat file, press any key. We look at the phone. Confirm Unlcok.
After that, we run FASTBOOT REBOOT.bat
This restart will delete all user data.
Then turn off the phone. Disconnect the USB cable.
Click " Start deep testing”
3) Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 10: Video tutorial
4) Download all utilites and unpack: Programms and Drivers
5) Download A27 (GT_NEO) firmwire and unpack: A27 Firmwire for FTools (MEGA); A27 Firmwire for FTools (GDrive)
Download A15 (X7_MAX) firmwire and unpack: A15 Firmwire for FTools (MEGA); A15 Firmwire for FTools (GDrive)
6) Install VCOM drivers and libusb
7) Open flash_tool.exe and choose MT6893_Android_scatter.txt from unpacked firmwire
8) In Download Agent choose MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin
9) GO options-->Connections--> choose UART and Band rate: 921600
10) Choose DOWNLOAD ONLY mode and check all the boxes. DONT CHOOSE DIFFERENT MODE!!!!
11) Power OFF Phone and unplag usb cable
12) Open" MTKAuthBypassTool_V6" (mtksecbypass.exe) with administrator rights. Click on "Disable Auth"
13) Hold VOL+ and VOL- and Connect Usb cable. Now you must see in device manager Com port MediaTek USB Port_V1632. If you see MediaTek port, unhold VOL buttons. Remember the port number!
After connect usb cable in MTKAuthBypassTool_V6 you can see this:
View attachment 5415903
14) Fastest Check options-->Connections--> UART and Band rate: 921600,
choose MediaTek USB Port Com port
15) After this message click "DOWNLOAD" in FlashTools
(if you are slow and an error appears, you must repeat the procedure from step "11". Do not close the FlashTools program so that the port settings and port speed do not get lost.)
16) Unplag USB cable. Dont turn ON phone! Go Fastboot mode ( Hold VOL- and Power button)
17) Launching RECOVERY.bat in the "Unlock Bootloader"folder.
18) Format Data in Recovery
The first download is long, we are waiting from 5 to 10 minutes.
19) LOCK BOOTLOADER AGAIN
This stage is necessary in order for the device to become certified and certain services (Gpay, etc.) to work
- Turn off the phone.
- Hold the VOL-and the power button. We enter the Fastboot mode.
- Launch BL LOCK.bat from the “Unlock Bootloader " folder. Follow the instructions in the bat
- After launching FASTBOOT REBOOT.bat
The phone will reboot itself.
Done. Congratulations. You have stock clean firmwire with OTA and full work services!
IF YOU WANT FLASH WITH LOCK BOOTLOADER
Skip the STEPS for unlocking and blocking the bootloder.
Uncheck boxes in SP FlashTools from:
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE COM PORT OR ERROR IN MTKAuthBypassTool_V6
- You must do this before stage 12
- After install libusb you will see a folder "lib-usb" in the START menu
- Launch the "Filter Wizard" (select "Install a device filter" and see a window with devices.
-When the phone is turned off, press the VOL+ and VOL-keys and connect the USB cord. Once the port has been determined, release the volume keys after a couple of seconds.
-In the Filter Wizard window, we quickly catch MediaTek USB Port_V1632 and click Install. We act quickly. There should be a response from the program that everything is success and the phone will reboot.
- Turn off the phone. Disconnect the cord.
- Your port problems must be lost
- Go Step 12
- If you wnat make Backup your Phone, follow steps 7-14
- After message from "MTKAuthBypassTool_V6" Go to the “ReadBack " tab in FlashTools and check the boxes everywhere and quickly click on " Read Back”
- Your BackUP data it will be saved in the SP FLASH TOOLS folder as ROM_1, ROM_2 etc
HOW FLASH BACKUP?
- Unlock Bootloader
- Download this: -=Backup Flash=-
- Unpack and copy your backup ROM_ files in this folder
- Choose scatter from this folder in SP Flash Tools
- Uncheck SECCFG (ROM_20) and flash ( Dont forget use MTKbypass utility and check port)
- After Flashig again go EDL mode and flash only SECCFG (ROM_20)
- Maybe need Format Data in Recovery
Hlep me please! Bro. I choose " format all" and my phone hard brick , and fastboot mode not working.My e-mail.p2098041344@gmailDear friends. If you have problems with your phone after formatting, write me a secondary message, I will help you.
As for custom firmware - I don't do custom firmware, I don't develop them and I'm not interested in it. Please ask you questions about custom firmware in another topic.
P.S> GT NEO, X7 MAX, GT NEO Flash Edition - the same phones and instructions are suitable for all of them
Some people already installed custom ROMs on Rmx3350 flash edition. I contacted with them. Thank you for replying
Thanks for the suggestion, I actually just went that route after writing my last post! I was a little hesitant since I haven't done any of that in years but it went fairly well.I've removed quite a few of the bloatware. Can't you root your device and uninstall them?
So far I know that weather service shouldn't be uninstalled as it causes the screen to lock/unlock. But it can be disabled.
The stock app can be replaced, I tried that and put some simple SMS app, but it didn't have MMS so I switched back to the stock one which is pretty fine.
What is unpleasant is that I can't simply uninstall/disable/stop app market, wallpapers and themes and a few others without rooting the phone.
Other than I don't have other complains about the rom especially after debloating it.
And yes - the hardware is very good for the price
You can use firmware for Gt Neo or X7 Max (better) for FE ver. phone