General X7 MAX and GT NEO FLASH/UBRICK INSTRUCTIONS

Search This thread

mahotlov

Dec 6, 2009
Nalchik
View attachment 5437285
i uncheck 3 option (locked bootloader), UART : 921600 and already check com port
still not run
View attachment 5437289

You either start the firmware process quickly or late. You need to try it several times. You have a corridor in 10 seconds. It's different for everyone. Someone has to click immediately after a successful crawl in mtkauthbypass tool. Someone has to press after 3 seconds. You can try change usb port.

Shou1814

Apr 24, 2018
You either start the firmware process quickly or late. You need to try it several times. You have a corridor in 10 seconds. It's different for everyone. Someone has to click immediately after a successful crawl in mtkauthbypass tool. Someone has to press after 3 seconds. You can try change usb port.
It's still the same.
I will stay in X7 Max
Thanks

ObeerbongKenobi

Aug 26, 2015
this is awesome.
Thanks mahotlov!
This would make this phone so much better. The main issues I have is I cannot use any other messaging app other than the stock messaging and I always use Signal. I'm on CN GTneo version RMX3031_11_A.28

I am going to attempt to flash chinese gtneo 2 to Indian x7 max so I can have a more stock android experience. mainly to get out of the chinese junk. (no offence to any chinese members) I applied ran the deeptest apk and awaiting the response from chinese server for unlock permission. Thanks for including all the files. youre so organized.

Shou1814 said he wasn't able to flash his phone since bootloader is locked. @Shou1814 why on earth would you want to flash from a x7max indian rom to this chinese garbage bloated rom anyways? We're trying to do the opposite in the USA.​

My only problem I am facing is I don't have a backup phone in case this one gets bricked in the process. I am confident I can do this. I just want to make sure I have everything in order before proceeding.
So Mahotlov's guide is the reason the chinese ditched support on the gtneo and were quick to push out the gt neo 2 in less than 4 months. XD

Last edited:

ZiHuang1997

Sep 22, 2016
It's still the same.
I will stay in X7 Max
Thanks
As you can see in the following description. I'm also stucking with that ERROR, and I'm trying to unlock bootloader then flash it. I think you should try the Unlock Bootloader method also. Then just Lock it again as mentioned in the instruction.
1634791376814.png

ZiHuang1997

Sep 22, 2016
As you can see in the following description. I'm also stucking with that ERROR, and I'm trying to unlock bootloader then flash it. I think you should try the Unlock Bootloader method also. Then just Lock it again as mentioned in the instruction.
View attachment 5437883
I would like to confirm that my method solved this problem. Please try it!
However the step of Unlock Bootloader from instruction was not right. Please follow to this guide!

1634802862579.png

Shou1814

Apr 24, 2018

ZiHuang1997

Sep 22, 2016
i'll try this in next week. im planning to flashing my gt neo flash to x7 max. im worry, i dont know this rom working well with flash edition.
thanks
I don't know this Firmware will be worked on GT NEO Flash or not.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
As I saw, firmwares of GT NEO and GT NEO (Flash Edition) are not the same. It might lead you to a bad brick.

vosrock

Sep 30, 2013
Hello, does this A.15 have preferred network type menu in the simcard setting? And also 5G switch on/off? And volte switch? Im using rmx3350_11_A.12 (realme GT neo flash edition) and i dont have neither preferred network type and 5G switch.. it has only data roaming, access point names, and carrier. Can anyone have been using the x7 max a.15 rom confirm have that menu? If yes. Im considering flashing to x7 max a15. Thank you.
Screenshot_2021-10-22-22-21-40-14_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
Screenshot_2021-10-22-22-21-34-67_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg
Screenshot_2021-10-22-22-21-28-73_426a5588c5110cd01d5af17e47adb223.jpg

ObeerbongKenobi

Aug 26, 2015
Update. Got it downloaded. everything worked fine in flash tools.

This is where I am having trouble...
Am I supposed to have RECOVERY.bat file on the phone or in ADB folder? is this an ADB command. There is no option for recovery with Vol - and power. If I restart phone and hold vol + I get realme splash logo yellow letters and nothing is happening. after 10 min phone reboots to the same screen.

16) Unplag USB cable. Dont turn ON phone! Go Fastboot mode ( Hold VOL- and Power button)
17) Launching RECOVERY.bat in the "Unlock Bootloader"folder.
18) Format Data in Recovery

The first download is long, we are waiting from 5 to 10 minutes.

ObeerbongKenobi

Aug 26, 2015
Update. Got it downloaded. everything worked fine in flash tools.

This is where I am having trouble...

When i unplug USB cable and hold vol - and power I get the following text in tiny letters. oplus verify fail
need to verify signature of another brand
oplus verify pass
fastboot verify success
fastboot_unlock_verify ok

I am flashing CHINESE to INDIAN. I used the indian scatter loading file and the indian authenication file in SP FLash tool. Dowload agent is MTK allinone_DA.bin everything is checked. and download only is selected. Where did I go wrong?

Am I supposed to have RECOVERY.bat file on the phone or in ADB folder? is this an ADB command. There is no option for recovery with Vol - and power. If I restart phone and hold vol + I get realme splash logo yellow letters and nothing is happening. after 10 min phone reboots to the same screen.
Should Authentication File in Flash tools be left blank? I left mine blank. Is this the cause of the problem?
16) Unplag USB cable. Dont turn ON phone! Go Fastboot mode ( Hold VOL- and Power button)

Last edited:

ObeerbongKenobi

Aug 26, 2015
If I run ADB command while device is plugged in with USB cable I get the following:

./adb devices
List of devices attached
997XZXDIAYKFFEQG unauthorized

does this mean usb debugging was revoked? it was working fine before I ran sp flash tool and FW downloaded. After I unlocked bootloader with deeptesting app I did the ADB setting to unlock bootloader and the chinese stock rom loaded and I went back and reenabled developer settings and made sure USB debugging was reenabled. I am so frustrated. now I cannot load Indian fw or china fw. If I hold vol+ and power I get yellow Realme splash logo and nothing happens. If I hold Vol- and power I get
Oplus verify fail
need to verify signature of another brand
oplus verify pass
fastboot verify success
fastboot_unlock_verify ok

Is phone bricked? If I plug the phone in with USB cable and try to run the recovery.bat in Unlock Bootloader file it says "press any key to load the phone into recovery"
waiting for device. ... (this is the most confusing step for me)
In device manager in USB devices I see RMX3031 it's still recognizing the phone so it cannot be bricked right?

**********************************EDIT****************************************
I fixed it! not sure how but I went back and unplugged phone and held VOL -/+ same time and then ran MTK auth bipass tool and then plugged phone in again. this was able to bypass something in the internal mainframe i ran ADB cmd:

./fastboot reboot fastboot

this reloaded the stock recovery and I was able to select format.
phone rebooted to yellow realme logo but this time phone actually booted into setup and I am successfully in Indian rom. Geez they have a lot of google bloatware. I am going to be busy getting this removed but at least I can use my own messaging apps. Thanks for all your hard work making this happen. X7 max rom has fixed all my woes with the chinese rom. 1. Able to use other message app like Signal and receive notifications and set signal as default messaging app. Display temperatures in Farenheit not just Celsius in weather app, ALWAYS ON notifications for gmail, signal etc, ( this wasn't working on gt neo) stock dialer can be changed and all other google bloatware can be removed with adb commands.
Push ota updates still working. I was able to update ota to latest indian fw immediately after flashing [ver. A .19]
Phone feels more like a stock android phone. Im very happy! I only see one thing that is maybe a negative, GT mode is not an option on x7 max. GT mode is an option on the GT NEO 5G to overclock the MDK dimensity 1200. I never used it because phone is already fast enough and its just going to drain battery faster. Virtual ram is still an option on INDIAN rom.

Last edited:

ObeerbongKenobi

Aug 26, 2015
help with what? did you unlock bootloader first? did you turn off windows driver signature verification in windows start options? did you install the mediatek drivers? if you did all these steps and are still having problems try to remove the cable. power off (vol+ and hold power) and run the mtksecbypass as administrator again. click disable auth then hold vol + vol- only and plug cable again. make sure com port 3 (192600) selected. If you dont unlock bootloader this will not work.

riddler75

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks a lot. Finally flashed my Realme GT neo FE(CN Variant) to Realme X7 Max and BL locked again for OTA update(It works!). even mine is FE... everything works fine, just except call recording on google dialer.

Can anyone tell me that firmware of GT neo A27 in that link is global or Chinese? and the call recording on dialer works? actually the google dialer in this X7 Max firmware has no call recording.

Attachments

• IMG_20211028_003526.jpg
    IMG_20211028_003526.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot_2021-10-28-00-34-23-15_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-28-00-34-23-15_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Love
Reactions: RyanCr7

ObeerbongKenobi

Aug 26, 2015
Thanks a lot. Finally flashed my Realme GT neo FE(CN Variant) to Realme X7 Max and BL locked again for OTA update(It works!). even mine is FE... everything works fine, just except call recording on google dialer.

Can anyone tell me that firmware of GT neo A27 in that link is global or Chinese? and the call recording on dialer works? actually the google dialer in this X7 Max firmware has no call recording.
It's chinese. That would be moving a step backward. Dont flash it. You will quickly notice x7 max fw is much better in every way. You do not have to relock bootloader to get OTA updates on indian rom. I have mine still unlocked.

Reactions: riddler75

riddler75

Jun 23, 2019
It's chinese. That would be moving a step backward. Dont flash it. You will quickly notice x7 max fw is much better in every way. You do not have to relock bootloader to get OTA updates on indian rom. I have mine still unlocked.
Thank you so much. Ill not try flash that. I think I better find some way to fully change this google dialer and install stock dialer... google dialer is so laggy and ugly for me.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019
thank you
could you make a clear video tutorial for this? I faced some issues I don't know how to fix and why is it shown!
We will be thankful to you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    X7 MAX and GT NEO FLASH/UBRICK

CONVERT GT NEO/GT NEO FE to X7 MAX
    (and vice versa)

BACKUP

Please read all the information before proceeding.

1) In Developer options need turn "ON", "OEM unlock" and USB Debug.

2) Unlock your bootloader.

-Save the DeepTesting. apk application on the phone and run it. (there are two versions in the archive for GT NEO and GT NEO FE)
    - Run.
    Then follow the screenshots.
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png

We are waiting. After about 15-60 minutes (or more), the unlock tool will show the status of the unlock request. If it shows that the unlock was successful (as in the screenshot below), we proceed to the next step.
    You can exit the app and log in later to check the status.
    4.jpg

The device itself should reboot into fastboot mode.
    You should have ADB drivers installed, if there are none, then you will see an Android device in the device manager.
    The ADB drivers are in the "Programs and Drivers" folder at the links above, unpack and install them manually.
    Click on "Android", then "driver", then "update driver". Next, " Find drivers on this PC (search and install the driver manually)".
    Next, "Select a driver from the list of available ones", then "Show all devices" (this item may remain), then "install from disk", search for our adb drivers folder, click on " android_winusb. inf "
    and select"Android Bootloader Interface" from the list. Done.

Next, run BL UNLOCK.bat from the folder "Unlock Bootloader", Read the instructions in the bat file, press any key. We look at the phone. Confirm Unlcok.
    After that, we run FASTBOOT REBOOT.bat
    This restart will delete all user data.
    Then turn off the phone. Disconnect the USB cable.

Click " Start deep testing”

3) Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 10: Video tutorial

4) Download all utilites and unpack: Programms and Drivers

5) Download A27 (GT_NEO) firmwire and unpack: A27 Firmwire for FTools (MEGA); A27 Firmwire for FTools (GDrive)

Download A15 (X7_MAX) firmwire and unpack: A15 Firmwire for FTools (MEGA); A15 Firmwire for FTools (GDrive)

6) Install VCOM drivers and libusb

7) Open flash_tool.exe and choose MT6893_Android_scatter.txt from unpacked firmwire

8) In Download Agent choose MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin

9)
    GO options-->Connections--> choose UART and Band rate: 921600

10) Choose DOWNLOAD ONLY mode and check all the boxes. DONT CHOOSE DIFFERENT MODE!!!!

11)
    Power OFF Phone and unplag usb cable

12) Open"
    MTKAuthBypassTool_V6" (mtksecbypass.exe) with administrator rights. Click on "Disable Auth"

13) Hold VOL+ and VOL- and Connect Usb cable. Now you must see in device manager Com port MediaTek USB Port_V1632. If you see MediaTek port, unhold VOL buttons. Remember the port number!

After connect usb cable in MTKAuthBypassTool_V6 you can see this:

111.png

14) Fastest Check options-->Connections--> UART and Band rate: 921600,
    choose MediaTek USB Port Com port

15) After this message click "DOWNLOAD" in FlashTools

(if you are slow and an error appears, you must repeat the procedure from step "11". Do not close the FlashTools program so that the port settings and port speed do not get lost.)

19) LOCK BOOTLOADER AGAIN

This stage is necessary in order for the device to become certified and certain services (Gpay, etc.) to work

- Turn off the phone.
    - Hold the VOL-and the power button. We enter the Fastboot mode.
    - Launch BL LOCK.bat from the “Unlock Bootloader " folder. Follow the instructions in the bat
    - After launching FASTBOOT REBOOT.bat
    The phone will reboot itself.

Done. Congratulations. You have stock clean firmwire with OTA and full work services!

IF YOU WANT FLASH WITH LOCK BOOTLOADER

Skip the STEPS for unlocking and blocking the bootloder.
    Uncheck boxes in SP FlashTools from:
    opporeserve2
    cdt_engineering
    md1mg

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE COM PORT OR ERROR IN MTKAuthBypassTool_V6
    - You must do this before stage 12
    - After install libusb you will see a folder "lib-usb" in the START menu
    - Launch the "Filter Wizard" (select "Install a device filter" and see a window with devices.
    -When the phone is turned off, press the VOL+ and VOL-keys and connect the USB cord. Once the port has been determined, release the volume keys after a couple of seconds.
    -In the Filter Wizard window, we quickly catch MediaTek USB Port_V1632 and click Install. We act quickly. There should be a response from the program that everything is success and the phone will reboot.
    - Turn off the phone. Disconnect the cord.
    - Your port problems must be lost
    - Go Step 12

ABOUT BACKUP!
    - If you wnat make Backup your Phone, follow steps 7-14
    - After message from "MTKAuthBypassTool_V6" Go to the “ReadBack " tab in FlashTools and check the boxes everywhere and quickly click on " Read Back”
    - Your BackUP data it will be saved in the SP FLASH TOOLS folder as ROM_1, ROM_2 etc
    - DONE.
    HOW FLASH BACKUP?
    - Unlock Bootloader
    - Download this:
    -=Backup Flash=-
    - Unpack and copy your backup ROM_ files in this folder
    - Choose scatter from this folder in SP Flash Tools
    - Uncheck
    SECCFG (ROM_20) and flash ( Dont forget use MTKbypass utility and check port)
    - After Flashig again go EDL mode and flash only
    SECCFG (ROM_20)
    - Maybe need Format Data in Recovery
    - Done
    Update:
    Im able to change my GT Neo ROM to Indian Variant. Thank you so much sir!

Experience:
    Instruction #13-#15 are quite tricky.

Issues Encountered:
    - my windows pc cannot detect the mediatek com port
    - proper timing of clicking DOWNLOAD on SP Flash Tool

How i manage to proceed on SP FT Download:
    - first turn off phone (assuming below instructions are DONE -> How i fixed (to detect):)
    - SP Flash Tool needed Configs are Done (just waiting for the Downlolad to be clicked)
    - MTK Bypass (Administration) is waiting for device
    - after SUCCESS MESSAGE on MTK Bypass, immediately click on Download (SP FT)
    - once download is started, you can unhold VOL - & + wait to be finished

How i fixed (to detect):
    -
    downloaded this mediatek vcom drivers -> https://www.thecustomdroid.com/mediatek-preloader-usb-vcom-drivers/
    - there are some popup that appear (i forgot to remember), i just clicked yes
    - then restart pc
    - turn off device
    - open LIBUSB Filter device (Goal is to detect "Mediatek xxxxx yyyyy zzzzz" usb device on the list)
    - Hold VOL - & VOL + AND PLUG Type C Cable
    - Check the LIBUSB Filter list and once you see any "MEDIATEK ZZZZZ XXX" click and install
    - once success, you can go to -> How i manage to proceed on SP FT Download:

Hope that helps! Thank you .
    Question #1. I'm having currently an unlocked bootloader, and custom GSI installed (GT Neo). Do i need another instructions to do?
    No. dont lock, firstly flash Firmwire
    Hi please can you provide files for Realme GT Neo Flash Edition (FE) as it has the latest firmware A.11. You provided files for only GT Neo and X7 Max. Find attached a screenshot showing the current GT Neo Flash Edition Firmware. Thank you
    You can use firmware for Gt Neo or X7 Max (better) for FE ver. phone