General X7 MAX and GT NEO FLASH/UBRICK INSTRUCTIONS

Search This thread

KrisQP

Dec 11, 2021
Hi, thanks for your guide. I have just flash X7 Max rom to my GT Neo.
Could you guide me how to root it? My phone version is A21

Ducskin

Dec 24, 2021
X7 MAX and GT NEO FLASH/UBRICK

CONVERT GT NEO/GT NEO FE to X7 MAX
(and vice versa)

BACKUP

Please read all the information before proceeding.

1) In Developer options need turn "ON", "OEM unlock" and USB Debug.

2) Unlock your bootloader.

-Save the DeepTesting. apk application on the phone and run it. (there are two versions in the archive for GT NEO and GT NEO FE)
- Run.
Then follow the screenshots.
View attachment 5415895View attachment 5415897View attachment 5415899

We are waiting. After about 15-60 minutes (or more), the unlock tool will show the status of the unlock request. If it shows that the unlock was successful (as in the screenshot below), we proceed to the next step.
You can exit the app and log in later to check the status.
View attachment 5415901

The device itself should reboot into fastboot mode.
You should have ADB drivers installed, if there are none, then you will see an Android device in the device manager.
The ADB drivers are in the "Programs and Drivers" folder at the links above, unpack and install them manually.
Click on "Android", then "driver", then "update driver". Next, " Find drivers on this PC (search and install the driver manually)".
Next, "Select a driver from the list of available ones", then "Show all devices" (this item may remain), then "install from disk", search for our adb drivers folder, click on " android_winusb. inf "
and select"Android Bootloader Interface" from the list. Done.

Next, run BL UNLOCK.bat from the folder "Unlock Bootloader", Read the instructions in the bat file, press any key. We look at the phone. Confirm Unlcok.
After that, we run FASTBOOT REBOOT.bat
This restart will delete all user data.
Then turn off the phone. Disconnect the USB cable.

Click " Start deep testing”

3) Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 10: Video tutorial

4) Download all utilites and unpack: Programms and Drivers

5) Download A27 (GT_NEO) firmwire and unpack: A27 Firmwire for FTools (MEGA); A27 Firmwire for FTools (GDrive)

Download A15 (X7_MAX) firmwire and unpack: A15 Firmwire for FTools (MEGA); A15 Firmwire for FTools (GDrive)

6) Install VCOM drivers and libusb

7) Open flash_tool.exe and choose MT6893_Android_scatter.txt from unpacked firmwire

8) In Download Agent choose MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin

9)
GO options-->Connections--> choose UART and Band rate: 921600

10) Choose DOWNLOAD ONLY mode and check all the boxes. DONT CHOOSE DIFFERENT MODE!!!!

11)
Power OFF Phone and unplag usb cable

12) Open"
MTKAuthBypassTool_V6" (mtksecbypass.exe) with administrator rights. Click on "Disable Auth"

13) Hold VOL+ and VOL- and Connect Usb cable. Now you must see in device manager Com port MediaTek USB Port_V1632. If you see MediaTek port, unhold VOL buttons. Remember the port number!

After connect usb cable in MTKAuthBypassTool_V6 you can see this:

View attachment 5415903

14) Fastest Check options-->Connections--> UART and Band rate: 921600,
choose MediaTek USB Port Com port

15) After this message click "DOWNLOAD" in FlashTools

(if you are slow and an error appears, you must repeat the procedure from step "11". Do not close the FlashTools program so that the port settings and port speed do not get lost.)

16) Unplag USB cable. Dont turn ON phone! Go Fastboot mode ( Hold VOL- and Power button)
17) Launching RECOVERY.bat in the "Unlock Bootloader"folder.
18) Format Data in Recovery

The first download is long, we are waiting from 5 to 10 minutes.

19) LOCK BOOTLOADER AGAIN

This stage is necessary in order for the device to become certified and certain services (Gpay, etc.) to work

- Turn off the phone.
- Hold the VOL-and the power button. We enter the Fastboot mode.
- Launch BL LOCK.bat from the “Unlock Bootloader " folder. Follow the instructions in the bat
- After launching FASTBOOT REBOOT.bat
The phone will reboot itself.

Done. Congratulations. You have stock clean firmwire with OTA and full work services!

IF YOU WANT FLASH WITH LOCK BOOTLOADER

Skip the STEPS for unlocking and blocking the bootloder.
Uncheck boxes in SP FlashTools from:
opporeserve2
cdt_engineering
md1mg

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE COM PORT OR ERROR IN MTKAuthBypassTool_V6
- You must do this before stage 12
- After install libusb you will see a folder "lib-usb" in the START menu
- Launch the "Filter Wizard" (select "Install a device filter" and see a window with devices.
-When the phone is turned off, press the VOL+ and VOL-keys and connect the USB cord. Once the port has been determined, release the volume keys after a couple of seconds.
-In the Filter Wizard window, we quickly catch MediaTek USB Port_V1632 and click Install. We act quickly. There should be a response from the program that everything is success and the phone will reboot.
- Turn off the phone. Disconnect the cord.
- Your port problems must be lost
- Go Step 12

ABOUT BACKUP!
- If you wnat make Backup your Phone, follow steps 7-14
- After message from "MTKAuthBypassTool_V6" Go to the “ReadBack " tab in FlashTools and check the boxes everywhere and quickly click on " Read Back”
- Your BackUP data it will be saved in the SP FLASH TOOLS folder as ROM_1, ROM_2 etc
- DONE.
HOW FLASH BACKUP?
- Unlock Bootloader
- Download this:
-=Backup Flash=-
- Unpack and copy your backup ROM_ files in this folder
- Choose scatter from this folder in SP Flash Tools
- Uncheck
SECCFG (ROM_20) and flash ( Dont forget use MTKbypass utility and check port)
- After Flashig again go EDL mode and flash only
SECCFG (ROM_20)
- Maybe need Format Data in Recovery
- Done
Hi , In step 15 , I choose " format all" and my phone hard brick , and fastboot mode not working . how to get the phone working again ??? Helpmeeee

anand127

Nov 12, 2018
Realme X7 Max 5G
What happens if it disconnect during flashing? Can I retry? Or maybe service center can fix it? Or changing motherboard will be only option?

16) Unplag USB cable. Dont turn ON phone! Go Fastboot mode ( Hold VOL- and Power button)

I have tendency to mistakenly reboot the phone instead while holding vol- and power, if it happenes, what if it reboot instead of fastboot?

In realme Realme ui 3.0, it reboots into recovery when hold vol- and power button. Should I downgrade to ui 2.0 first using official downgrade package?

Last edited:

mahotlov

Dec 6, 2009
Nalchik
What happens if it disconnect during flashing? Can I retry? Or maybe service center can fix it? Or changing motherboard will be only option?

I have tendency to mistakenly reboot the phone instead while holding vol- and power, if it happenes, what if it reboot instead of fastboot?

In realme Realme ui 3.0, it reboots into recovery when hold vol- and power button. Should I downgrade to ui 2.0 first using official downgrade package?
Its not problem. You can reflash again. But DONT use FORMAT ALL . Only Download mode. You can downgrade with firmwire in my instruction

abidrockzx

Jun 24, 2018
Realme X7 Max 5G
Need reflash all partition with my help. Need your backup. If you dont make backup i can use backup from another phone, but network maybe dont work (50/50)
Once i just flashed through format+downlod only and boom the phone bricked (nothing no screen on )even service center says that then phone is not recognised by driver it connects to official tool with the name - universel driver which should be vcom that's why they can't recover my phone and says to change the mother board,
On the other hand a software repairing guy said its emmc problem
Can I buy emmc for my realme x7 max ????

mahotlov

Dec 6, 2009
Nalchik
Once i just flashed through format+downlod only and boom the phone bricked (nothing no screen on )even service center says that then phone is not recognised by driver it connects to official tool with the name - universel driver which should be vcom that's why they can't recover my phone and says to change the mother board,
On the other hand a software repairing guy said its emmc problem
Can I buy emmc for my realme x7 max ????
Check your whatsapp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    X7 MAX and GT NEO FLASH/UBRICK

CONVERT GT NEO/GT NEO FE to X7 MAX
    (and vice versa)

BACKUP

Please read all the information before proceeding.

1) In Developer options need turn "ON", "OEM unlock" and USB Debug.

2) Unlock your bootloader.

-Save the DeepTesting. apk application on the phone and run it. (there are two versions in the archive for GT NEO and GT NEO FE)
    - Run.
    Then follow the screenshots.
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png

We are waiting. After about 15-60 minutes (or more), the unlock tool will show the status of the unlock request. If it shows that the unlock was successful (as in the screenshot below), we proceed to the next step.
    You can exit the app and log in later to check the status.
    4.jpg

The device itself should reboot into fastboot mode.
    You should have ADB drivers installed, if there are none, then you will see an Android device in the device manager.
    The ADB drivers are in the "Programs and Drivers" folder at the links above, unpack and install them manually.
    Click on "Android", then "driver", then "update driver". Next, " Find drivers on this PC (search and install the driver manually)".
    Next, "Select a driver from the list of available ones", then "Show all devices" (this item may remain), then "install from disk", search for our adb drivers folder, click on " android_winusb. inf "
    and select"Android Bootloader Interface" from the list. Done.

Next, run BL UNLOCK.bat from the folder "Unlock Bootloader", Read the instructions in the bat file, press any key. We look at the phone. Confirm Unlcok.
    After that, we run FASTBOOT REBOOT.bat
    This restart will delete all user data.
    Then turn off the phone. Disconnect the USB cable.

Click " Start deep testing”

3) Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 10: Video tutorial

4) Download all utilites and unpack: Programms and Drivers

5) Download A27 (GT_NEO) firmwire and unpack: A27 Firmwire for FTools (MEGA); A27 Firmwire for FTools (GDrive)

Download A15 (X7_MAX) firmwire and unpack: A15 Firmwire for FTools (MEGA); A15 Firmwire for FTools (GDrive)

6) Install VCOM drivers and libusb

7) Open flash_tool.exe and choose MT6893_Android_scatter.txt from unpacked firmwire

8) In Download Agent choose MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin

9)
    GO options-->Connections--> choose UART and Band rate: 921600

10) Choose DOWNLOAD ONLY mode and check all the boxes. DONT CHOOSE DIFFERENT MODE!!!!

11)
    Power OFF Phone and unplag usb cable

12) Open"
    MTKAuthBypassTool_V6" (mtksecbypass.exe) with administrator rights. Click on "Disable Auth"

13) Hold VOL+ and VOL- and Connect Usb cable. Now you must see in device manager Com port MediaTek USB Port_V1632. If you see MediaTek port, unhold VOL buttons. Remember the port number!

After connect usb cable in MTKAuthBypassTool_V6 you can see this:

111.png

14) Fastest Check options-->Connections--> UART and Band rate: 921600,
    choose MediaTek USB Port Com port

15) After this message click "DOWNLOAD" in FlashTools

(if you are slow and an error appears, you must repeat the procedure from step "11". Do not close the FlashTools program so that the port settings and port speed do not get lost.)

18) Format Data in Recovery

The first download is long, we are waiting from 5 to 10 minutes.

19) LOCK BOOTLOADER AGAIN

This stage is necessary in order for the device to become certified and certain services (Gpay, etc.) to work

- Turn off the phone.
    - Hold the VOL-and the power button. We enter the Fastboot mode.
    - Launch BL LOCK.bat from the “Unlock Bootloader " folder. Follow the instructions in the bat
    - After launching FASTBOOT REBOOT.bat
    The phone will reboot itself.

Done. Congratulations. You have stock clean firmwire with OTA and full work services!

IF YOU WANT FLASH WITH LOCK BOOTLOADER

Skip the STEPS for unlocking and blocking the bootloder.
    Uncheck boxes in SP FlashTools from:
    opporeserve2
    cdt_engineering
    md1mg

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE COM PORT OR ERROR IN MTKAuthBypassTool_V6
    - You must do this before stage 12
    - After install libusb you will see a folder "lib-usb" in the START menu
    - Launch the "Filter Wizard" (select "Install a device filter" and see a window with devices.
    -When the phone is turned off, press the VOL+ and VOL-keys and connect the USB cord. Once the port has been determined, release the volume keys after a couple of seconds.
    -In the Filter Wizard window, we quickly catch MediaTek USB Port_V1632 and click Install. We act quickly. There should be a response from the program that everything is success and the phone will reboot.
    - Turn off the phone. Disconnect the cord.
    - Your port problems must be lost
    - Go Step 12

ABOUT BACKUP!
    - If you wnat make Backup your Phone, follow steps 7-14
    - After message from "MTKAuthBypassTool_V6" Go to the “ReadBack " tab in FlashTools and check the boxes everywhere and quickly click on " Read Back”
    - Your BackUP data it will be saved in the SP FLASH TOOLS folder as ROM_1, ROM_2 etc
    - DONE.
    HOW FLASH BACKUP?
    - Unlock Bootloader
    - Download this:
    -=Backup Flash=-
    - Unpack and copy your backup ROM_ files in this folder
    - Choose scatter from this folder in SP Flash Tools
    - Uncheck
    SECCFG (ROM_20) and flash ( Dont forget use MTKbypass utility and check port)
    - After Flashig again go EDL mode and flash only
    SECCFG (ROM_20)
    - Maybe need Format Data in Recovery
    - Done
    Update:
    Im able to change my GT Neo ROM to Indian Variant. Thank you so much sir!

Experience:
    Instruction #13-#15 are quite tricky.

Issues Encountered:
    - my windows pc cannot detect the mediatek com port
    - proper timing of clicking DOWNLOAD on SP Flash Tool

How i manage to proceed on SP FT Download:
    - first turn off phone (assuming below instructions are DONE -> How i fixed (to detect):)
    - SP Flash Tool needed Configs are Done (just waiting for the Downlolad to be clicked)
    - MTK Bypass (Administration) is waiting for device
    - after SUCCESS MESSAGE on MTK Bypass, immediately click on Download (SP FT)
    - once download is started, you can unhold VOL - & + wait to be finished

How i fixed (to detect):
    -
    downloaded this mediatek vcom drivers -> https://www.thecustomdroid.com/mediatek-preloader-usb-vcom-drivers/
    - there are some popup that appear (i forgot to remember), i just clicked yes
    - then restart pc
    - turn off device
    - open LIBUSB Filter device (Goal is to detect "Mediatek xxxxx yyyyy zzzzz" usb device on the list)
    - Hold VOL - & VOL + AND PLUG Type C Cable
    - Check the LIBUSB Filter list and once you see any "MEDIATEK ZZZZZ XXX" click and install
    - once success, you can go to -> How i manage to proceed on SP FT Download:

Hope that helps! Thank you .
    Question #1. I'm having currently an unlocked bootloader, and custom GSI installed (GT Neo). Do i need another instructions to do?
    No. dont lock, firstly flash Firmwire
    Hi please can you provide files for Realme GT Neo Flash Edition (FE) as it has the latest firmware A.11. You provided files for only GT Neo and X7 Max. Find attached a screenshot showing the current GT Neo Flash Edition Firmware. Thank you
    You can use firmware for Gt Neo or X7 Max (better) for FE ver. phone
    Thanks a lot. Finally flashed my Realme GT neo FE(CN Variant) to Realme X7 Max and BL locked again for OTA update(It works!). even mine is FE... everything works fine, just except call recording on google dialer.

Can anyone tell me that firmware of GT neo A27 in that link is global or Chinese? and the call recording on dialer works? actually the google dialer in this X7 Max firmware has no call recording.