How To Guide x70 Pro Plus Origin OS to FunTouch 36.9.3

Search This thread

Killuminati91

Dec 12, 2012
FunTouch to Origin:
For everyone with semi bricked devices, the FunTouch to OriginOS 1.5.20 package is here:

Use the COMMANDS.txt as guideline, but first and foremost use your brain.
This might or might not work for you.

Edit: OEM Files added to the folder

AFTool:
The latest AFTool (6.0.60 CN PRO) can be downloaded here - NOT CRKED - officially available from Vivo:

It might be possible to spoof answers with Fiddler and Proxifier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I will delete the files from GDrive soon, so make sure to download them and maybe rehost them if you want to help others.

Last edited:

Killuminati91

Dec 12, 2012
Theory to transform OriginOS to FunTouch in simpler steps:

I: THEORY
01. Mod recovery to remove all imports
02. Mod recovery to remove all imports and add necessary props from IN
03. Mod recovery to add necessary props AFTER import

II: UPDATER SCRIPT CHECKS
Updater Script Checks found in recovery.img (prop.default AND default.prop):
ro.vivo.hardware.version=PD2145F_EXMA

Updater Script Checks found in vgc.img and vbmeta_vgc.img (hexeditor):
ro.vgc.device.name=SYS_VIVOTEST_PD2145F_EXMA or NULL_PD2145F_EXMA or SYS_VIVOTEST3_PD2145F_EXMA

Updater Script Checks found in vbmeta_oem.img (hexeditor):
ro.vivo.oem.name=PD2145F_EX_N_NULL_NULL or PD2145F_EX_IN_NULL_NULL
ro.vivo.dyn.name=DYNN or DYNIN

Updater Script Checks found in oem_XXX.img (hexeditor):
ro.hardware.bbk=PD2145F_EXMA

Updater Script Checks found in super5.img (hexeditor):
ro.hardware.bbk=PD2145F_EXMA
ro.vivo.dyn.name=DYNN or DYNIN

Updater Script Checks found in super6.img (hexeditor):
ro.vgc.device.name=SYS_VIVOTEST_PD2145F_EXMA or NULL_PD2145F_EXMA or SYS_VIVOTEST3_PD2145F_EXMA

III: MAYBE NECESSARY
super3.img
super2.img

IV: RECOVERY LOADS
import /vgc/env.prop ro.*
import /vendor/vgc/vendor_env.prop ro.*
import /vgc/vgc.prop ro.*
import /vendor/vgc/vgc.prop ro.*
import /oem/oem.prop ro.*
import /oem/oem.prop
import /vgc/vgc.prop
import /vendor/vgc/vgc.prop
import /oem/odm.prop ro.*

V: CONCEPT

-> edit recovery default.prop / prop.default

- add the build props from step II at the end
- flash FunTouch OTA

- if not working remove the imports from step IV
- flash FunTouch OTA

- if not working flash super3 and super2 from FunTouch OTA
- flash FunTouch OTA

Last edited:

redwatch99

Jul 10, 2022

Attachments

• IMG_20220824_191201.jpg
    IMG_20220824_191201.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 96

Killuminati91

Dec 12, 2012
You could flash a later ota (chinese vpn and vivo.cn to download). Ill try to see if i still have oems from 1.5.20 tomorrow.

Killuminati91

Dec 12, 2012
Added all OEM files to the GDrive folder. If these dont work you'll have to get another OTA and flash that one.

redwatch99

Jul 10, 2022
Have tried the fix, and its working now for 2 h and has not dropped the signal yet , thanx for the help
After the night i still have the signal but i cant call or get any calls 😤 i have done my other phone from origin to fun and there is no problem with that phone , still cant figure it out why one is working with no prob but the other one have big issue

Attachments

• IMG_20220827_085818.jpg
    IMG_20220827_085818.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 46

redwatch99

Jul 10, 2022
now i got it to work with signal and modem problem , tried this and it works greate after , if you have the same problem you can try this

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash modemst1 split/modemst.mbn
fastboot flash modemst2 split/modemst.mbn
fastboot flash fsg modemfix/PD2145_fs_image.tar.gz.mbn.img

now i got it to work with signal and modem problem , tried this and it works greate after , if you have the same problem you can try this

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash modemst1 split/modemst.mbn
fastboot flash modemst2 split/modemst.mbn
fastboot flash fsg modemfix/PD2145_fs_image.tar.gz.mbn.img
did u use it normally? I have problem with AOD and gyro

redwatch99

Jul 10, 2022
Have tried to get back to origin os but the phone just reboting over and over , where did i do wrong ?

JUMEX30

Mar 25, 2011
Hi everyone. I installed the version of funtouch it works very well, i flashed persist.img of my origin backup and locked bootloader again Fingerprint reader works fine and super fluid funtouch os THE ONLY DETAIL IS THE DM-VERITY MESSAGE SYSTEM EXCEPTION the rest works very very fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Foreword: My time with Vivo has come to an end. After flashing a wrong devicecfg and accidentally rebooting my device it is now in a hard bricked state.
    Vivo has locked down EDL, there is absolutely no way to flash or backup anything in EDL mode without the official Tools (namely Vivo AFTool 5.9.80).
    Vivo India refers me to Vivo Germany - Vivo Germany has outsourced its customer support to bulgaria.
    The people on the other side of the line know absolutely nothing about the technical aspect and refuse to put me through to anyone with any kind of knowhow.

Due to their anti consumer and anti repair attitudes I will not buy another Vivo phone.

With this out of the way: You might end up like me with a hard brick. Or without signal.
    Even if this will not save you from a hard brick I can not stress this enough: Make a BACKUP! And backup your data. This will wipe your phone.
    This process is IRREVERSIBLE unless you have a split ROM of the chinese Firmware or your own Backup.
    THIS or BL UNLOCK will break your portrait mode. No more bokeh, neither in Origin OS nor FunTouch.

Do NOT flash fsg, modemst1 and modemst2. They are commented out in the COMMANDS file.
    You do this at your own risk. As said before this might brick your device.

1. Unlock your Bootloader
    2. Backup your Partitions
    3. Download my Flash Folder and Extract it: Android File Host
    4. Open 01COMMANDS.txt and read the instructions
    5. Open a command shell in the same folder that you can find 01COMMANDS.txt in
    6. Run the given commands in blocks or one after the other

If you do not have signal after flashing you might have to erase modemst1 and modemst2 partitions, so that they get replaced by the backup in fsg.
    A magisk flashed boot.img and adb-modded recovery is included so you can flash it after booting up FunTouch once and backup all your partitions again.

Thanks again to @Pervokur for helping me along the way. There is definitely an easier method that involves less risky flash operations.
    My phone died on the cross while I was trying to figure it out, so maybe someone else will pick up the torch.

I will not be able to offer any kind of support.
    RIP @Killuminati91's Vivo, who died for the cause.

Sorry to hear that, man, you were so close to what looked like an easy switch between ROMs.

I know you said you were no developer but you are still a leap ahead of most of us here. Long do we miss the good old days where ROMs, kernels and pure innovation shortly followed our much-wanted phone when flashing a few ROMs a week was normal.

Thanks for all your help, perhaps one day there will be a way to recover your phone.
    Yeah, returning to Origin did not fix portraits either, so flashing the cam apk itself wouldnt work. I am not sure what exactly is causing it, I just noticed it after flashing FunTouch. Maybe it is disabled by unlocking the BL or a hidden eFuse? Dont know if its possible to get it back.

Im in contact with someone in china, vivo service center remote flashing is my last straw to get this back to work but I doubt that they will do that. A cracked AFTool 5.9.80. would solve all of ours problems but we will not see that for at least half a year i think. I've been gone from android for a few years - all the hurdles surprised me, manufacturers locking down their bootloaders and EVEN edl is kinda disappointing.
    Yeah, returning to Origin did not fix portraits either, so flashing the cam apk itself wouldnt work. I am not sure what exactly is causing it, I just noticed it after flashing FunTouch. Maybe it is disabled by unlocking the BL or a hidden eFuse? Dont know if its possible to get it back.

Im in contact with someone in china, vivo service center remote flashing is my last straw to get this back to work but I doubt that they will do that. A cracked AFTool 5.9.80. would solve all of ours problems but we will not see that for at least half a year i think. I've been gone from android for a few years - all the hurdles surprised me, manufacturers locking down their bootloaders and EVEN edl is kinda disappointing.
    hope to see some good news from you sir.
    Hi everyone. I installed the version of funtouch it works very well, i flashed persist.img of my origin backup and locked bootloader again Fingerprint reader works fine and super fluid funtouch os THE ONLY DETAIL IS THE DM-VERITY MESSAGE SYSTEM EXCEPTION the rest works very very fine
    The problem you have now is that you locked the bootloader , cyz now u cant get rid of the message , never lock the bootloader