Question X80 pro BootLoader unlock

Search This thread

VeryHappyFrog

Aug 19, 2022
Still waiting on the phone to arrive but I have a question.

Would it be possible to brute force the bootloader to unlock? I know there's one for Huawei but theoretically we could write a script for it such a thing. Only issue is how many digits would the key be?

Washo4evr

Sep 11, 2012
just received my x80 pro and was able to unlock bootloader
I used the boot.img file from PD2185_A_12.0.10.5-BWDATA.W10.V000L1-update-full_1652273279.zip
phone is booting just fine
doing the setup in chinese was fun but ok
moving to installing Magisk

I ordered my phone from wonda and received a PD2185 still running version 12.0.10.5 so I didn't have to jump to A13 and then rollback. saved a lot of time on that

Washo4evr

Sep 11, 2012
does anyone have the link for PD2185_A_12.0.13.5-BWDATA.W10.V000L1-update-full.zip?

Thanks

nvm, was able to extract the OTA file and get boot.img to patch
now running 12.0.13.5 with Magisk

Last edited:

hamisgood

Sep 25, 2013
just received my x80 pro and was able to unlock bootloader
I used the boot.img file from PD2185_A_12.0.10.5-BWDATA.W10.V000L1-update-full_1652273279.zip
phone is booting just fine
doing the setup in chinese was fun but ok
moving to installing Magisk

I ordered my phone from wonda and received a PD2185 still running version 12.0.10.5 so I didn't have to jump to A13 and then rollback. saved a lot of time on that
That's lucky! I updated to A13 but could not rollback because the file provided on the A13 Beta website is for W30 under X80 Pro. =(

hamisgood

Sep 25, 2013
did you try to flash any full ota A12 for your device?
Vivo fixed the rollback link so right now I am back to A12. However it seems like my security patch is too high and I am unable to unlock the bootloader with the June security patch. I am hoping someone still uploads the 1 April security patch and I can try rolling back to it in order to unlock the bootloader, but until then, I guess I'm stuck with locked bootloader unrooted.

Pervokur

Feb 15, 2022
Vivo fixed the rollback link so right now I am back to A12. However it seems like my security patch is too high and I am unable to unlock the bootloader with the June security patch. I am hoping someone still uploads the 1 April security patch and I can try rolling back to it in order to unlock the bootloader, but until then, I guess I'm stuck with locked bootloader unrooted.
why do you think that you need special ota for rollback from A13? maybe there's no signature check and you can install any ota by editing metadata file like it was with earliest A12 on vivo phones

Pervokur

Feb 15, 2022
W30 model can not be updated to A13 beta
and can't do BL unlock
In theory it's possible, but needs further study.
After downloading 200GB of ota firmwares I have found vgc partition with uid 1000 (system) debuggable app com.vivo.vtool which can be flashed on any(?) qcom vivo/iqoo with dynamic partitions.

but If you will not be able to unlock bootloader then you will not be able to flash otas(most likely)

read this (I don't know if you can use any oem.zip)

with uid 1000 you can change prop and some directories in /data, in theory it's possible to run commands as root by exploiting commands in .rc scripts

like this

on property:sys.cota_vgc.mount_to=* && property:sys.cota_vgc.mount_cota_img_path=*
mount ext4 [email protected]${sys.cota_vgc.mount_cota_img_path} ${sys.cota_vgc.mount_to} ro nodev noatime

maybe with setprop you can overlap original binaries and force to run your script with root privileges and flsh some partitions(like aboot.img [I don't know which partiotions is enough to boot with old fastboot])

Attachments

• vgc_SYS_VIVOTEST_PD2049F_EXMA.zip
    16 MB · Views: 10

lilddd

Jan 15, 2022
Vivo X70 Pro+
Nothing Phone 1
In theory it's possible, but needs further study.
After downloading 200GB of ota firmwares I have found vgc partition with uid 1000 (system) debuggable app com.vivo.vtool which can be flashed on any(?) qcom vivo/iqoo with dynamic partitions.

but If you will not be able to unlock bootloader then you will not be able to flash otas(most likely)

read this (I don't know if you can use any oem.zip)

with uid 1000 you can change prop and some directories in /data, in theory it's possible to run commands as root by exploiting commands in .rc scripts

like this

on property:sys.cota_vgc.mount_to=* && property:sys.cota_vgc.mount_cota_img_path=*
mount ext4 [email protected]${sys.cota_vgc.mount_cota_img_path} ${sys.cota_vgc.mount_to} ro nodev noatime

maybe with setprop you can overlap original binaries and force to run your script with root privileges and flsh some partitions(like aboot.img [I don't know which partiotions is enough to boot with old fastboot])
What a difficult things.... :)

I am not a developer so.... I can not try that mehtod :(

but with your post, every X80 PRO can be unlockable :)

thanks for amazing information :)

Pervokur

Feb 15, 2022
What a difficult things.... :)

I am not a developer so.... I can not try that mehtod :(

but with your post, every X80 PRO can be unlockable :)

thanks for amazing information :)
only if someone able to abuse this... definitely don't do it without knowledge/official service center nearby

Washo4evr

Sep 11, 2012
yeah, that unlocking procedure worked on my W10 variant
phone is unlocked and working great

just having issues getting LSposed to work, but Magisk 25.2 is ok

Reactions: elnas1369

Pervokur

Feb 15, 2022
No. there is no person that try to flash global rom

and some amazing man try to flash
X70 pro+ CN -> GLOBAL
his device had hardbrick.

PLS do not try to flash :)

if MR. pervokur will know :)
some people flashed global on x70, x60, but it's very risky (I'm not one of them, don't ask me how to flash)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello. sorry for my bad english

I have X80 PRO, X70 PRO PLUS, X NOTE

ALL CN MODELS
    and one Global Ver X80 pro

and I unlocked bootloader X70 PRO+, X NOTE with this thread

but only X 80 pro is not working with those method.

I have one CN model, two GLOBAL(singapore) model.

CN model - S/W version is PD_2185_A_12.0.11.7
    GLOBAL - S/W version is PD_2185F_EX_A_12.0.11.8

both ORIGIN OS, FUNTOUCH OS are not unlockable.

anyone did bootloader unlock??

PLS tell me how to unlock BL :)

really really really want it :)
    When you said the method that worked for your x70 doesn't work for your x80, what do you mean by doesn't work?
    Did the unlock command return OKAY and then it was still locked?
    Or did it fail with some error message? If so, what's the error you're getting?
    X70, I unlocked Bootloader.

and with same way
    X80 failed
    CN and Global both failed

unlock cmd said Okay
    flash cmd said failed (check signature~)

and press power button and it reboot to UI

so I try agian,
    unlock cmd said Okay
    flash cmd said failed (too many links)

and try agian
    unlock cmd said failed (max download size~~~)
    flash cmd said failed (check signature ~)

So I totally have no idea how to unlock BL
    the way of unlocking doesn't work
    You mentioned in one of your posts that you also have the Vivo X Note. Did the X70 unlocking method with on it?
    Yes X note can unlock BL with X70 unlock method
    @lilddd
    At least I could unlock global X80 Pro.
    You can use this Android 12 rollback ZIP to downgrade fw to "2022-04-01" patch level.
    For global X80 Pro, I had to update to 13 Beta first, then reboot to recovery to install rollback zip.
    hmm, there's risk for brick... It seems progress bar is 0% so if it's failed before actual installation process, you'll survive.
    amazing....
    you are the best...!!!!
    I stopped update and it is reupdate automatically
    and after I downgrade 12.0.11.2 with recovery.
    I can unlock BL :)
    really thanks to you
    one more time, you are the best