Question X80 pro vs P30 pro

Search This thread

Haskren

May 13, 2016
I'm on my 3rd year with the Huawei P30 pro. By far the best phone I've owned, and the camera is holding up really well.
I have seen just about every review of the Vivo on youtube, and it seems like a strong performer compared to current flagship phones.
Have any of you upgraded from the P30 pro? While the nightmode seems to be the strong point of the Vivo, the wide angle and zoom seems average at best. How do these lenses compare to the P30 pro and do you think it's a worthwhile upgrade? I'm a bit concerned about all the reports of overheating and stuttering. The P30 pro is smooth like butter regardless what I throw at it.

Ricardo_G

Apr 23, 2015
I'm on my 3rd year with the Huawei P30 pro. By far the best phone I've owned, and the camera is holding up really well.
I have seen just about every review of the Vivo on youtube, and it seems like a strong performer compared to current flagship phones.
Have any of you upgraded from the P30 pro? While the nightmode seems to be the strong point of the Vivo, the wide angle and zoom seems average at best. How do these lenses compare to the P30 pro and do you think it's a worthwhile upgrade? I'm a bit concerned about all the reports of overheating and stuttering. The P30 pro is smooth like butter regardless what I throw at it.
P30 Pro...extraordinary phone, it keep a better zoom, but, the vivo X80 Pro wins in almost everything else

Haskren

May 13, 2016
The 5x zoom is noticeably worse on the vivo? That's crazy on a flagship phone which is 3 years newer. I use the zoom quite a lot so might wait for either the x80 plus (just rumors for now) or the S23

Last edited:

Haskren

May 13, 2016
If it's a tie I will be happy. I just read about the cancellation of the + and possibility of a X90 pro with a 1" sensor in December. Will hold off for now and hope it will be released in the UK as well.

Last edited:

xBenny

Jan 19, 2010
I switched with the P30 Pro and I don't regret it. Not that the P30 Pro is bad, but it needed a change. The Vivo feels snappier, the night photos are great. There are a few things that bother me, but I probably wouldn't change back.

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
I've had the Mate 40 Pro and switched to the Vivo x80 Pro.

Zoom appears to be slightly better on the Vivo, night shots and HDR is better on the Vivo and pixel binned photos(aka normal AI mode) are about the same, BUT...

The Mate 40 Pro have a hidden secret that beats all the phones in the camera department most of the time, that secret sauce called 50MP AI mode.

It takes a couple of picture with the full resolution for 3 seconds, combine them and create an almost noise free full resolution picture with amazing detail and sharpness, it easily beats the vivo full res mode(works great at night as well).

Haskren

May 13, 2016
I also use the desktop mode on my P30 pro when travelling. It's genius. Heard some people say its not working on the x80 pro. Can anyone verify?

Washo4evr

Sep 11, 2012
Can't get the desktop mode to work But screen mirroring is ok
To be noted that VLC supports desktop mode and will properly play videos on the external monitor/tv

Haskren

May 13, 2016
Can't get the desktop mode to work But screen mirroring is ok
To be noted that VLC supports desktop mode and will properly play videos on the external monitor/tv
Did anyone ever get it to work or its officially not working on the x80 pro? Pretty big deal if not as it's one of the advertised features that is really useful!

Top Liked Posts