[x86][GApps] FrankenGApps 20140826 4.4.x *UPDATED! Stable! Universal!*

Search This thread

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
DO NOT FLASH THIS ON A TOUCHWIZ ROM. AOSP BASED ONLY

This is a custom GApps package I created to work with x86 devices (namely, our tab) as the normal GApps packages available are arm-only. (and no, to those who would ask, it's not as simple as downloading PA-GApps and swapping the update binary. The actual files therein are NOT x86 compatible, namely, the libs.)

UPDATE 1: With the release of 4.4. for the P5210, I am pleased to announce that this is now a full, complete, stable GApps package :)
It contains everything found in the PA-GApps stock zip plus:
-Hackers keyboard
-Root browser
-Xperia home

note that Hacker's keyboard and Xperia home are just there in case google keyboard / google home don't work out of the box. I don't anticipate any problems, but just to be sure. After some feedback / testing i'll remove these if people want. Root browser however is here to stay

UPDATE 2:
As of the 20140823 build, this is now a UNIVERSAL x86 GApps package, meaning it will work on ANY x86 device running 4.4.x with zero tinkering to the zip. I did this by using a slightly modified pa-gapps updater-script coupled with an x86 update-binary.

UPDATE 3:
The 20140826 build is mostly bug fixes. The updater-script in the 20140823 build was broken. This is now fixed. Google + was broken. This is also fixed.
Google keyboard was broken. This too, is now fixed.

Tested this build myself. All is well.

For those who want a ROM to try this with, head over to @moonbutt74 's thread "odds, ends tests". He posted a successful 4.4.4 build from a few days ago on i think the 4th or 5th post (though it is by NO MEANS dd ready. We're working on it)

DOWNLOAD LINK IS BELOW.

If you want to use this for any reason other than personal use, ask me first, unless you just want to include a link on your ROM thread. If you do want to include a link in your ROM thread, link to this thread, not the download link below.

Download link:FrankenGApps-x86-20140826

Last edited:

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
old builds:

20140823 build:
FrankenGApps-x86-20140823.zip
The updater script in this build is broken. On top of that, if you fix it yourself, google + and google keyboard are borked.

20140814 build:
FrankenGApps-x86-20140814.zip
This build only works with the tab 3 10.1.

Old legacy hackey build:
FrankenGApps-x86-20140813.zip
there is absolutely no reason to flash the 20140813 build over newer builds. The 20140813 build is an unstable / hackey 4.2 gapps port, I'm just posting it for reference purposes. Naturally this build is unsupported. Please download the new build(s) from OP.

Last edited:

evilspawnas

Sep 30, 2012
Regensburg
if i flash the build of 14th then i stuck on samsung boot logo. firmware was stock rooted deodexed 4.4.2. i have tryed it twice but always stuck on boot logo.

Last edited:

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
Just updated to 20140823.

As of now, this GApps package is universally compatible with all x86 devices running 4.4.x. Zero tinkering to the zip necessary.

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
Just updated to 20140826. This build fixes updater-script, google keyboard, and google +. Read "update 3" in OP for more info.

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
Nice

Another stone in building our road to CM11. Thanks.
I know many will used this update.

To be honest, I am forced to used the market, but try to stay away from C I A applications. I am sorry did I say C I A. My apologies it is the Alzheimer, I mean Google.

( Central Intelligent in Android)

lucky_515

Oct 8, 2014
columbus indiana
i love your rom man..been running pimpdroid since day 1 of this tablet...this is the only kitkat rom for this device on kitkat..im bout to try your modified gapps ...im not near as a advanced user than you..and i dont really understand some of the things you talk about..but im gonna go ahead and ask...what are the advantges of installing this gapps package opposed to keeping the ones flashed with your pimpdroid rom?....sorry if this is a dume question...this is first ive seen of a modified gapps package...can u be more specfic bout what would be diff?...or is it jus a more like internal thing..and i wont really notice nothing diff being a nebie and all i guess..dont really consider myself such a nebie..but compared to dev like yourself..def..am..

Reactions: Aeyan Ashraf

Aeyan Ashraf

Jan 14, 2014
★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
i love your rom man..been running pimpdroid since day 1 of this tablet...this is the only kitkat rom for this device on kitkat..im bout to try your modified gapps ...im not near as a advanced user than you..and i dont really understand some of the things you talk about..but im gonna go ahead and ask...what are the advantges of installing this gapps package opposed to keeping the ones flashed with your pimpdroid rom?....sorry if this is a dume question...this is first ive seen of a modified gapps package...can u be more specfic bout what would be diff?...or is it jus a more like internal thing..and i wont really notice nothing diff being a nebie and all i guess..dont really consider myself such a nebie..but compared to dev like yourself..def..am..

Hey brother don't dare to flash it.... It's not for a Touchwiz rom like pimpdroid or Cagrom., It's for AOSP rom like Omni rom , AOKP , CM11 , AICP etc....

Sent from my GT-S6802 using XDA Free mobile app

SerjSX

This is a custom GApps package I created to work with x86 devices (namely, our tab) as the normal GApps packages available are arm-only. (and no, to those who would ask, it's not as simple as downloading PA-GApps and swapping the update binary. The actual files therein are NOT x86 compatible, namely, the libs.)

UPDATE 1: With the release of 4.4. for the P5210, I am pleased to announce that this is now a full, complete, stable GApps package :)
-Hackers keyboard
-Root browser
-Xperia home

note that Hacker's keyboard and Xperia home are just there in case google keyboard / google home don't work out of the box. I don't anticipate any problems, but just to be sure. After some feedback / testing i'll remove these if people want. Root browser however is here to stay

UPDATE 2:
As of the 20140823 build, this is now a UNIVERSAL x86 GApps package, meaning it will work on ANY x86 device running 4.4.x with zero tinkering to the zip. I did this by using a slightly modified pa-gapps updater-script coupled with an x86 update-binary.

UPDATE 3:
The 20140826 build is mostly bug fixes. The updater-script in the 20140823 build was broken. This is now fixed. Google + was broken. This is also fixed.

For those who want a ROM to try this with, head over to @moonbutt74 's thread "odds, ends tests". He posted a successful 4.4.4 build from a few days ago on i think the 4th or 5th post (though it is by NO MEANS dd ready. We're working on it)

DOWNLOAD LINK IS BELOW.

If you want to use this for any reason other than personal use, ask me first, unless you just want to include a link on your ROM thread. If you do want to include a link in your ROM thread, link to this thread, not the download link below.

Questions:
1. Does this work with LineageOS 14.1 [Android 7.1.2]
2. Where are the instructions on how to install this?

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Questions:
1. Does this work with LineageOS 14.1 [Android 7.1.2]
2. Where are the instructions on how to install this?
These gapps are 6 years old and for older versions of android. Go to opengapps.org for android 7.1.2 based gapps.
And also why do you need instructions? Same as all gapps just flash the zip after flashing the rom

SerjSX

These gapps are 6 years old and for older versions of android. Go to opengapps.org for android 7.1.2 based gapps.
And also why do you need instructions? Same as all gapps just flash the zip after flashing the rom

Owh Hi, okay ?
Never thought someone would answer, the Tab 3 10.1 page on XDA is sadly dead, other models too for the Tab 3. And i still have the device! Ha. Did you like get notified when i replied to this thread that you checked? Because i was surprised, never thought again someone would answer to this old page part of XDA! I would love to talk with you and etc, cause im kinda lonely here lol, i know the device is old but old is gold! People can make many mods for it! Ill wait for your reply :)

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Owh Hi, okay ?
Never thought someone would answer, the Tab 3 10.1 page on XDA is sadly dead, other models too for the Tab 3. And i still have the device! Ha. Did you like get notified when i replied to this thread that you checked? Because i was surprised, never thought again someone would answer to this old page part of XDA! I would love to talk with you and etc, cause im kinda lonely here lol, i know the device is old but old is gold! People can make many mods for it! Ill wait for your reply :)
I have a tab 3 10.1 WiFi so if anything pops up around these threads I always have a look.
The tablet is still working fine for me without any gapps on it as I've found gapps are extremely heavy on such an old tablet. Instead I opted for a microg installation and it works perfectly (even being able to play games like bullet force or fwd assault) but i mostly use it for reading and cooking and that kind of stuff which it is perfect for.

SerjSX

I have a tab 3 10.1 WiFi so if anything pops up around these threads I always have a look.
The tablet is still working fine for me without any gapps on it as I've found gapps are extremely heavy on such an old tablet. Instead I opted for a microg installation and it works perfectly (even being able to play games like bullet force or fwd assault) but i mostly use it for reading and cooking and that kind of stuff which it is perfect for.

Owhh, i see. I put this rom on my tab: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-3/development-10/rom-lineageos-14-1-t3587761
It does lag sometimes, but i removed some of the GApps it came with. I mean, the second i removed playstore some other Google apps stopped working so i had to delete them too. It's a bit better, but i dont play games on it, it's still laggy i should've chosen another ROM but i guess this is fine. Which ones are you using? If you want we can talk in discord, or here if you want, which ever way you fele comfortable. I can share the apps i have and etc, since we have the same tablet, finally i found someone in 2020 having the same device as i have! Ha. I'm still here, so if you reply and i wont answer, i will answer later, i have schedule to follow that's why :D
Ill wait for your response, anywhere, if you want dm me here, chat in this thread or check my discord, send a friend request and tell me here ur name so I'd accept it. You can also find me in the XDA discord server.

SerjSX

Hey, where have you been?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-Hackers keyboard
    -Root browser
    -Xperia home

UPDATE 2:

UPDATE 3:

DOWNLOAD LINK IS BELOW.

old builds:

20140823 build:
    FrankenGApps-x86-20140823.zip
    The updater script in this build is broken. On top of that, if you fix it yourself, google + and google keyboard are borked.

20140814 build:
    FrankenGApps-x86-20140814.zip
    This build only works with the tab 3 10.1.

Old legacy hackey build:
    FrankenGApps-x86-20140813.zip
    there is absolutely no reason to flash the 20140813 build over newer builds. The 20140813 build is an unstable / hackey 4.2 gapps port, I'm just posting it for reference purposes. Naturally this build is unsupported. Please download the new build(s) from OP.

Hey brother don't dare to flash it.... It's not for a Touchwiz rom like pimpdroid or Cagrom., It's for AOSP rom like Omni rom , AOKP , CM11 , AICP etc....

Sent from my GT-S6802 using XDA Free mobile app
    if i flash the build of 14th then i stuck on samsung boot logo. firmware was stock rooted deodexed 4.4.2. i have tryed it twice but always stuck on boot logo.

I was sameway, so I just downloaded the update from "sammobile" installed it and used " super Su from chailfire to get root also used root explore to take out the apps I did not need. :cowboy::cowboy: