Thanks for this thread. I am expecting to receive my x90PP any day now. I went through every single page and thread in this post and, to be honest, I thought I would sum up what needs to be done, and what cant be done.
What cant be done : android Auto, google assistant, google timeline
What I need to do when I get phone:
1) install the latest google playstore from Apkmirror ( latest is 34.2.14 not 33?) and Gboard
2) use the x90pro_debloat_v2.5 (I see 2.1 2.4 and 2.5. I assume same script updates)
3) here I am boot confused as to whats the main difference between debloat90 and debloatv_deep although the names speak for themselves, but what is the least risky. I presume both take care of notification issue?
4)remove vivo.pem or is it removed with either or both debloaters
5) remove the vivo wallet manually for google wallet to work? or is wallet also removed with debloat script.
6) set refresh rate with adb command to 144 or 90 etc (although not sure why if its there).
7) if using the debloat script is there a need for going to ADB app control to remove further apps?
thanks..Im just trying to make it a one stop thread for people to follow because the post imo is getting lengthy and a bit confusing, yet critical.
PLEASE advise if I am missing any step that I need to take as well?
Thanks so much
1. If you bought your phone from giztop or trading shanzeng, it will have Google Playstore and GBoard installed.
2. Yes, 2.5 is the latest version of the script.
3. Deep Debloat (also contains the normal scripts in it) removes more system apps, I don't recomand running the Deep script, open it with Notepad, compare the packages with the normal script, search them on the internet to undestand what you remove.
4. vivo.pem is removed with normal debload, no need to run the deep one.
5. You don't need to remove Vivo Wallet for Google Wallet to work. A vivo wallet app is removed with the normal script, but the deep one removes the system app. I forgot If I had to manually unistall it.
6. Didn't do that. Until yesterday I was using 120Hz, now I switched to 60Hz to see If I notice any difference.
7. I used ADB App Control to unistall some of the system apps that were not in the normal script but were in the deep one. With ADB App Control you can see the App Name, not just the package name, it makes it easier to understand what you are removing from the phone. Also, It will be easier to reinstall what you remove, if you realise you need it back.
8. Also, you should check the youtube video posted by trading shanzeng about Origin OS, they give some good tips & tricks on what you should / could do after you get the phone.
9. Install a different Launcher? I choose Microsoft Launcher, I like the search function more on the Microsoft Launcher then on the Nova one.