X96 Max Plus2 4GB/64GB Android 9.0 <--solved

Beerle

Nov 27, 2010
Hi community.

I have a problem with my Android Box X96 Max Plus with the Amlogic S905x3 Chip.

The problem is that i can't install anything on it. I sign in with my google account and i got Error 403 and error 192 when i tried to install something from the playstore.
So i cleared the data and the cache for the playstore and i tried another account. I also did a factory reset on the box. Nothing works.

After this i tried to install an apk from a usb stick with setting unknown sources "on" but this also didn't work (installation abort).

Next step i downloaded the latest firmware for the box and tried to installed it on recovery mode but the error 21 appeared.
I also tried to flash TRWP in recovery mode (with a usb stick) but the error 21 also appeared.
Do i have to unlock the bootloader first or is the only way to flash a firmware on the box with a flash tool and the connected box on the PC (with)?

Whats wrong with this box or is something wrong with me?

Can you help me?

Thanks
Matthias

SlamD

Jan 25, 2021
hello
i had the same problem the only thing that fixed it is to update firmware but to do that you need to identify your box model first
1-then download latest firmware
2-download and install usb burning tools : https://androidmore.com/download/4004/?dlm-dp-dl-force=1&dlm-dp-dl-nonce=baef81bb4a
3- open the usb burning tools application
4- Click the second option on the top bar to reveal the option for changing the language to english
5- click on the File option and click import image to import your firmware .img file.
6- Make sure to untick the overwrite key box
7-connect your box using male to male usb cable (plug it in the blue usb 3.0) and wait for drivers to be installed
8- unplug your box
9-go back to application and click start
8-connect your box and wait for the flash processes to finish
9-when flash is done unplug your box and click stop close usb burning tools
connect your box to your tv and enjoy

Reactions: Beerle

Beerle

Nov 27, 2010
hello
i had the same problem the only thing that fixed it is to update firmware but to do that you need to identify your box model first
1-then download latest firmware
2-download and install usb burning tools : https://androidmore.com/download/4004/?dlm-dp-dl-force=1&dlm-dp-dl-nonce=baef81bb4a
3- open the usb burning tools application
4- Click the second option on the top bar to reveal the option for changing the language to english
5- click on the File option and click import image to import your firmware .img file.
6- Make sure to untick the overwrite key box
7-connect your box using male to male usb cable (plug it in the blue usb 3.0) and wait for drivers to be installed
8- unplug your box
9-go back to application and click start
8-connect your box and wait for the flash processes to finish
9-when flash is done unplug your box and click stop close usb burning tools
connect your box to your tv and enjoy
Thank you for your help 😀

This will be my next step when I get the usb a to usb a cable.

Can you recommend any custom rom for the x96 max plus box?

Thank you in advance.

SlamD

Jan 25, 2021
Thank you for your help 😀

This will be my next step when I get the usb a to usb a cable.

Can you recommend any custom rom for the x96 max plus box?

Thank you in advance.
you need to identify your box model first ( Plus , Plus2 , Plus100, etc )
if you have the 1000Mb Ethernet chip ( RTL8211F ) then you can try SLIMBOX ATV and AOSP last firmware (best one i have tested ):

Beerle

Nov 27, 2010
I really like the slim box Version but i have another problem.

My internal storage says that I only have 32 GB but i ordered the 4/64gb Version (which also stand on the back of the Box). What's the problem?

Beerle

Nov 27, 2010
ok i have figured out that i had a fake firmware on my box preinstalled when the box arrived. So i unfortunately have a 4/64 gb model.

For the solution in the topic, only flashing another firmware helped.

Kudos to SlamD for the help.

Reactions: SlamD