• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[XAP][Source][0.2.3] Bing Configurator [Root]

Search This thread

Nickg.

Jan 5, 2010
Hi folks,

This small utility allows to mod the bing search page with your background, disable auto update of the background and write the copyright for your image or remove it if you prefer.

This app work on all interop unlocked phone with WP7 Root Tools.

Initial Release
Added a button to clear the textbox
Added a button to remove custom image
Some optimization
New icon

Rules for code sharing:
1) If you want release your version of this app you must post also here the xap and the new code source.
2) If you create a new app based on this add "Based on Bing Configurator" in the app.

Thanks to:
Heathcliff74 for his root tools sdk
ofir54321 and Lidanh for Bazaar

You can find the newest version on Bazaar.
The source code is attached in this post.

Last edited:

Nickg.

Jan 5, 2010
ty
it is perfect
very nice app

(in the landscape mode the image does not change)

yes in landscape don't change because for the resolution, perhaps I can implement the function for select the image from media library and so we can resize also for the landscape mode

Whatdoyaknow

Jun 25, 2010
GoldenSandsUtopia
Bing Launcher

That is really terrific - works great thanks very much :fingers-crossed:

I've adjusted the display name (etc) to put a space between the words i.e. "Bing Launcher". I think it looks better. I've attached it - hope you don't mind.

I'll load it on the HD2 forum later when I get a chance - with your acknowledgement and a link here

Cheers

Reactions: Nickg.

Nickg.

Jan 5, 2010
That is really terrific - works great thanks very much :fingers-crossed:

I've adjusted the display name (etc) to put a space between the words i.e. "Bing Launcher". I think it looks better. I've attached it - hope you don't mind.

I'll load it on the HD2 forum later when I get a chance - with your acknowledgement and a link here

Cheers

perfect!

Reactions: Whatdoyaknow

s.m.hosein

Apr 20, 2012
i install this app
but it crash when i open the app
i did set trust
hd2 pdaimatejam v8.5
if this app work for anyone please tell the name of rom

luckydog98

Mar 20, 2011
Thanks for the apps! I've used the bing configurator for awhile now but it has stopped working for me. It will no longer let me change the picture. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it but nothing. I've also tried the new release and it still won't work. I'm running a fully unlocked HTC HD7 with a custom 7.8 rom. Even though the rom is fully unlocked, I tried trusting it in WP7 Root Tools but still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

This small utility allows to mod the bing search page with your background, disable auto update of the background and write the copyright for your image or remove it if you prefer.

This app work on all interop unlocked phone with WP7 Root Tools.

Initial Release
    Added a button to clear the textbox
    Added a button to remove custom image
    Some optimization
    New icon

Rules for code sharing:
    1) If you want release your version of this app you must post also here the xap and the new code source.
    2) If you create a new app based on this add "Based on Bing Configurator" in the app.

Thanks to:
    Heathcliff74 for his root tools sdk
    ofir54321 and Lidanh for Bazaar

You can find the newest version on Bazaar.
    The source code is attached in this post.
    Bing Laucher

here you are
    version 0.2 released
    little update released ;)
    What I'd like is a Bing launch app (see signature). What are the chances of that?

:D

Excuse me but I don't understand what you want