[XAP - Source] Samsung Registry Editor

Search This thread

martani

Nov 3, 2009
A lot of you guys have been asking about how to read/write/add values to the registry on Samsung devices, so I wrote a small app showing how to use the Samsung native DLLs to do so.

Please notice that you can use this app called RegistryViewer that works on all WP7 devices [read only for now, but useful to discover the registry] here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9716755&postcount=19

This app is limited too compared to the HTC ones, unfortunately a big part of the registry is restricted for read/write.

KingpinEX

Dec 15, 2010
tried to read some values, but all i get is gibberish...

how can i build the solution i get a missing reference error for "using Microsoft.Phone.InteropServices;"

martani

Nov 3, 2009
Nice! I have a samsung :D

There is no way to list the reg keys right?

Yes you can, here is a registry viewer to list the reg keys http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9716755&postcount=19

tried to read some values, but all i get is gibberish...

how can i build the solution i get a missing reference error for "using Microsoft.Phone.InteropServices;"

This is natural when you try to access restricted areas in the registry or you try to read a DWORD while it is a String and vice versa!

For the InteropServices look at the requirements in my blog post here http://www.martani.net/2010/12/reading-imei-on-windows-phone-7-devices.html

Reactions: eried and KingpinEX

FireSokar

Jun 3, 2007
Illinois
Perhaps we can combine this with the registry tweaks to create an on device app limit remover. I am sifting through your code and am gonna combine it if I can figure it out correctly.
This should work.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\Install]
"MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:7fffffff ; Allow max number of unsignd apps

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg]
"PortalUrlProd"=""
"PortalUrlInt"=""

Last edited:

FireSokar

Jun 3, 2007
Illinois
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\In stall]

"PortalUrlProd"=""
"PortalUrlInt"=""

I want to set the values to that. This way my phone can install unlimited apps and will not check if it should be allowed to.. I am a developer however have an 3 app limit and chevron still gets reverted after x amount of days. According to what i've read this should prevent the revert.

martani

Nov 3, 2009
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\In stall]

"PortalUrlProd"=""
"PortalUrlInt"=""

I want to set the values to that. This way my phone can install unlimited apps and will not check if it should be allowed to.. I am a developer however have an 3 app limit and chevron still gets reverted after x amount of days. According to what i've read this should prevent the revert.

Ok, the COMRilClient.dll doesn't seem to change these values, but I just tried the functions in FCRouterProxy.dll and it worked perfectly.

Take a look at this thread, it shows how to use the FCRouterProxy.dll (which is the same method anyways) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=914055

FireSokar

Jun 3, 2007
Illinois
I'm not exactly smart on coding... you wouldn't wanna get this started off would you? After all this is something that most samsung owners would want.

FireSokar

Jun 3, 2007
Illinois
I'll have a look at it in the morning. Don't feel like getting off the laptop. I'll post if I get anywhere. Thanks for the link.

OTD Razor

Dec 3, 2010
OMG Getting update on Rogers Samsung Focus

Changed the carrier ID to 000-88 (before I had it debranded blank). Took a few tries but it worked. That VPN to Hungary is hella slow but the update downloaded and I'm now in the backup phase. Will post again with final results.

wicud

Mar 31, 2011
has anyone had issues getting the samsung registry to run on 7008

Wondering this myself. On my ATT Focus, once I got NoDo installed I started getting the following message when trying to run SamsungRegistry, "SamsungRegistry has been revoked by Microsoft. Please uninstall it."

Not a big deal, just wanted to switch my MobileOperator key back.

Top Liked Posts