[XAP][TOOL] WPH Tweaks - Customize your Windows Phone!

Search This thread

jessenic

Sep 9, 2010
WPH Tweaks was originally developed by @Jaxbot for Windows Phone 7.

WPH Tweaks allows you to change various settings in your phone's registry that you would usually change with a registry editor. Some of these settings never meant to be changed so they may not have the desired effect. We take no responsibility of the possible damage caused to your device.

WPH Tweaks for Windows Phone 8 is currently very limited, but the main features are adding Google to search providers, and adding a 'Never'-timeout option in lock screen settings. There are currently some other tweaks that do not work well so do not expect everything to work.

The project is open source and located in GitHub. The experimental code can be found here and the stable code can be found here.

Special thanks to @GoodDayToDie ! This project uses his native access libraries and full capability unlock.

If you really want to try out this still experimental project you can find links below.

DOWNLOAD:
Windows Phone 8 with Enable all sideloading:
Attached wphTweaks_wp8-bXX.xap
Please use the Unlock all capabilities XAP before deploying this app.

Windows Phone 7 with Root Tools:
Attached wphTweaks_wp7-bXX.xap

You can read more about the WP7 version of WPH Tweaks on the WindowsPhoneHacker website: http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/app_wph_tweaks-04-09-12

Attachments

• wphTweaks_wp7-b48.xap
    781.5 KB · Views: 2,983
  • wphTweaks_wp8-b50.xap
    757.5 KB · Views: 13,960
Last edited:

TheInterframe

Mar 5, 2013
Well I listed them already :p As I said, this is still very experimental. I think the only unique feature is adding Google to search providers at the moment.

Yeah I missed that, I read it again and re-worded the post (guess you didn't see the edited version :p ). Anyways I'm assuming the app is device independent (if we had a interop unlock on other devices) it would technically work on other devices right?

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
Is there a tweak to set the search key to open a google page instead of Bing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AlvinPhilemon

Oct 6, 2011
Can this be re-uploaded? I can't seem to be able to download it. It keeps telling me Jenkins is restarting. Maybe attach it here or Dropbox, mediafire or support ms with skydrive :D Or someone could PM me the file?

Last edited:

jessenic

Sep 9, 2010
Can this be re-uploaded? I can't seem to be able to download it. It keeps telling me Jenkins is restarting. Maybe attach it here or Dropbox, mediafire or support ms with skydrive :D Or someone could PM me the file?
Sorry, forgot to actually restart it. Should work now. When I get some stable builds I will upload the releases here at XDA, but until then I'll keep them in the CI.

AlvinPhilemon

Oct 6, 2011
Maybe you could implement a method to change the date format?

The registry key is
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International
"sShortDate"="dd-MMM-yy"

dd-MMM-yy = 17-Oct-13

Is it possible to edit that key?

jessenic

Sep 9, 2010
Maybe you could implement a method to change the date format?

The registry key is
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International
"sShortDate"="dd-MMM-yy"

dd-MMM-yy = 17-Oct-13

Is it possible to edit that key?
I think it is possible, but that is what "Settings>language+region>Regional setting" changes

AlvinPhilemon

Oct 6, 2011
I think it is possible, but that is what "Settings>language+region>Regional setting" changes

yeah but what I want to change is the short date. dd-MMM-yy was available in WP7 but removed in WP8. Using a registry editor, I'm unable to edit that key. It claims it is successful but when I use GoodDayToDie's native access webserver, I find that it isn't changed.

Sent from my GT-I8370 using Tapatalk

Mattemoller90

Nov 28, 2008
You can add this:

Increase or decrease duration of vibration of touch buttons:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Touch\Buttons]
"Duration"="{value in miliseconds in dword}"

Increase or decrease intensity of touch buttons:
Code:
"Intensity"="{value of intended intensity in dword}"

Enable or Disable haptic feedback
Code:
"Vibrate"="{1 to enable, 0 to disable}"

Fantastic tool ;)

Reactions: gidannifico

AlvinPhilemon

Oct 6, 2011
You can add this:

Increase or decrease duration of vibration of touch buttons:
Code:
"Duration"="{value in miliseconds in dword}"

Increase or decrease intensity of touch buttons:
Code:
"Intensity"="{value of intended intensity in dword}"

Enable or Disable haptic feedback
Code:
"Vibrate"="{1 to enable, 0 to disable}"

Fantastic tool ;)

Thank you :D

Can we have in next release ability to change PhoneManufacturer? Thanks

Changing PhoneManufacturer is unstable. In WP7, if you change it 3-4 times it breaks the app DRM, you cannot run any apps anymore without a hard reset. This has not been tested yet in WP8 but we assume it is the same

Reactions: ngame

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WPH Tweaks was originally developed by @Jaxbot for Windows Phone 7.

WPH Tweaks allows you to change various settings in your phone's registry that you would usually change with a registry editor. Some of these settings never meant to be changed so they may not have the desired effect. We take no responsibility of the possible damage caused to your device.

WPH Tweaks for Windows Phone 8 is currently very limited, but the main features are adding Google to search providers, and adding a 'Never'-timeout option in lock screen settings. There are currently some other tweaks that do not work well so do not expect everything to work.

The project is open source and located in GitHub. The experimental code can be found here and the stable code can be found here.

Special thanks to @GoodDayToDie ! This project uses his native access libraries and full capability unlock.

If you really want to try out this still experimental project you can find links below.

DOWNLOAD:
    Windows Phone 8 with Enable all sideloading:
    Attached wphTweaks_wp8-bXX.xap
    Please use the Unlock all capabilities XAP before deploying this app.

Windows Phone 7 with Root Tools:
    Attached wphTweaks_wp7-bXX.xap

You can read more about the WP7 version of WPH Tweaks on the WindowsPhoneHacker website: http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/app_wph_tweaks-04-09-12
    I'm working on a registry editor, still work in progress but here's a test build.

Limitations: Only HKLM access, can only access browseable registry values. Only allows browsing and editing, no deleting or creating new keys.

VERY EARLY IMPLEMENTATION! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Guess what the latest build has?
    Well it has...

MORE TILES!!!
    8UZXaiv.jpg

Update!
    Build #43
    1. Allow WiFi static IP
    Build #42
    1. Allow disabling shutter sound
    2. WLAN instead of WiFi
    3. Couple of map tweaks
    Build #41
    1. Shutdown splash screen!
    So what exactly has been change in this latest (today) release?
    For WP8 Added ability to disable/change people hub recent list size, nothing changed for WP7.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone