Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I can use higher res. and have no glitches or lags

Votes: 42 46.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
mpatoolprev.png

For those who are annoyed of missing artist pictures, this tool adds pictures from last.fm, your picture hub or any link to pictures from the web.

Informations on using the app:
-The artist may not be associated with any picture. It's not possible because the hacked method doesn't give us access to existing pictures. The tool can just add - no replacement - sorry :(
-The created dummyfiles are grouped in one album called ...dummy. Even you edited hundreds of artists in a row you can just delete the ...dummy album.
-using a high resolution and compression quality can result in glitchen and lags skipping to another artist during playback. The default settings works well but maybe you guys want to search for the optimal quality ;)

jt0fvqqrcode.png

DOWNLOAD latest version

next releases:
- improving code to reduce data consumption
- support to search and add album covers //update 16.02. looks like this doesn't work for now :(
- releasing source code

Changelog

v0.1.1
-auto resize to height 800px

v0.2
-new preview function shows how widescreen pictures look croped to a 800x480 (lock)screen

v0.3
-added longlistselector to artistselection
-abillity to add pictures by internet link
-edit artist names to fix misspellings in lastfm search
-new application icon (thx to Xopy)

v0.4
-reduced imagequality to avoid glitches and lags (please give me feedback about it)
-some layout improvements
-integration into musichub
-ability to chose pictures from your local storage [ phone may not be connected / zune not running or preview screen stays black ;) ]

v0.5
-settings page: individual quality settings and option for thumbnail mode for the picture list

BETA 1
-add more pictures without application restart
-delete all dummies at at once (delete album "...dummy")
-fixed some gui bugs connected with light theme
-multilanguage support for english, german, french, spanish* (*google translated)
-new icon and splashscreen (designed by pausmann)

BETA 1.1
-more languages ( italian, hungarian )

BETA 1.1.1
-minor bugfixes, dutch and russian added

BETA 1.1.2
-chinese (traditional) added

BETA 1.2
-interop unlock is not longer required

BETA 1.3
-Changed GUI
-fixed bugs ... added new

BETA 1.4
-new update notification system
-spanish and portuguese added
-updated other languages
-fixed the new bug from 1.3

BETA 1.4.1
-added polish, russian and turkish (don't know if the OS even supports turkish language :confused:)

BETA 1.5
- added danish, finnish, czech
- improved code
- fixed color banding ( color depth now 32bit )
- new feature: auto download pictures

BETA 1.5.1
- hotfix for auto download: artist without preview pictures will no longer interrupt the attachment process
- users with custom xap-handler can update the app directly

Windows Phone Daily made a review on Beta 1.1

Thanks to the translators:

Chinese (traditional) - eric1204
Chinese (simplified) - momo100100
Czech - Maledict, jnk
Danish - ikinkyxd
Dutch - daddyrazzy
Finnish - jessenic, TrashBatteri
French - NebZoNe
Hungarian - dr.lacus
Italian - kevyn82
Japanese - momo100100
Korean - iseewon
Dutch - daddyrazzy
Polish - Mark_QS
Portuguese (Brazil) - mrmof, razeheb
Portuguese (Portugal) - NuMbErSeVeN
Russian - vukka
Spanish - jlmaparicio
Turkish - Alperen4 (don't know if the OS supports the language)

and:
pausmann for his icon and splashscreen design

For any unsupported languages:
Visit my project at GetLocalization.com

Attachments

• MPAtool_beta1.xap
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 1,258
  • MPAtool_beta1.1.xap
    792.8 KB · Views: 357
  • MPAtool_beta1.1.1.xap
    799.3 KB · Views: 266
  • MPAtool_beta1.1.2.xap
    802.2 KB · Views: 374
  • MPAtool_beta1.2.xap
    802.2 KB · Views: 344
  • MPAtool_beta1.3.xap
    1.2 MB · Views: 690
  • MPAtool_beta1.4.xap
    1.2 MB · Views: 602
  • MPAtool_beta1.4.1.xap
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,795
  • MPAtool_beta1.5.xap
    1.3 MB · Views: 352
  • MPAtool_beta1.5.1.xap
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,295
  • MPAtool_v2_Preview.xap
    761.2 KB · Views: 4,608
Last edited:

artsjedi

Jul 18, 2007
Hello my name is Daniel, im developer too. Can i help you with this project? I used to listen all kind of music around the wolrd... American, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian, etc... but only americans have artist photo at the zune marketplace.

I'm very interested. I would like to contribuite.. what to you think?

Ps.. sorry my bad english...

-WP7User-

Aug 31, 2010
Zurich
Sounds like a great app but I've got a problem: When I open it I can choose the name of an artist but when I tap on a name just the name is shown on the screen and there are no pictures to choose from.
Do you have an idea what problem it could be?

EDIT: The phone isn't connected to my PC and I've got an internet connection on my phone via WLAN.

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
Sounds like a great app but I've got a problem: When I open it I can choose the name of an artist but when I tap on a name just the name is shown on the screen and there are no pictures to choose from.
Do you have an idea what problem it could be?

EDIT: The phone isn't connected to my PC and I've got an internet connection on my phone via WLAN.
Sometimes it takes some time to load the images. How long did you wait?

-WP7User-

Aug 31, 2010
Zurich
About 10 minutes...
EDIT: Un- and reinstalled the app once and it's working now. Really cool :)

Last edited:

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
I was JUST looking for something like this a couple days ago . Fantastic . Thank you .

Sent from my mwp6985 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

poloche

Jul 17, 2009
Nice works man, in French, Zune don't choose the artistpicture ! Weltome to your app ;)

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
Version 0.2 with a preview funcion is ready... but I can not upload it because something ****ed up my pc's internetconnection -.-
Maybe tomorrow.

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
i would really like a way to change existing artist art . But for now , this is fantastic ! Thank you .

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

because some of the images zune does pull are terrible quality .

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
i would really like a way to change existing artist art . But for now , this is fantastic ! Thank you .

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

because some of the images zune does pull are terrible quality .

i know about the bad picture quality... but I don't have any clue to solve this problem :/

Could be possible to delete some files if you set your device to usb-mass-storage-"mode".

this app is awesome! btw do you think you can create an icon for your app? :D
I am not that creative at the moment . Maybe you are ? ;-)

Last edited:

dr_strangetrick

Nov 5, 2006
Birmingham
Google Pixel 6
Excellent tool, just what we have been waiting for.

Suggestions...

Examine contents of media and highlight artists which don't have the background picture

Delete the ...dummy so you dont have to exit, open Zune then find the artist and delete the ...dummy then re-open

Lastly is it possible to update the artist picture in Zune? its great having the backgrounds showing on my phone but when I play from my PC they don't have pictures?

Either way this is still excellent as I was getting really sick and tired of editing track properties to make Zune find the pictures.

bigkahuna111

Feb 22, 2010
Problem with the app

It worked fine for the first couple of days, but now when I open the app and select an artist, when I see the preview and choose to select the picture the app closes and does not save the new artwork. I tried unistalling and reinstalling the app but its not working, it still does the same thing. I'm running a Samsung Focus on Mango 7740. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, what can be done about it? Thanks

dr_strangetrick

Nov 5, 2006
Birmingham
Google Pixel 6
I had the same problem with the app closing, you will still have a song called ...Dummy somewhere and for whatever reason it cannot overwrite this file and just closes.

Open Zune, go to music then swipe to songs and it should be the top of the list. Tap and hold then delete.

Bit of a pain having to correct them one at a time then going back to Zune and deleting then back again. But its still better than no pictures.

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
Excellent tool, just what we have been waiting for.

Suggestions...

Examine contents of media and highlight artists which don't have the background picture

Delete the ...dummy so you dont have to exit, open Zune then find the artist and delete the ...dummy then re-open

Lastly is it possible to update the artist picture in Zune? its great having the backgrounds showing on my phone but when I play from my PC they don't have pictures?

Either way this is still excellent as I was getting really sick and tired of editing track properties to make Zune find the pictures.

Hm... i don't think any of your suggestions are possible :(

It worked fine for the first couple of days, but now when I open the app and select an artist, when I see the preview and choose to select the picture the app closes and does not save the new artwork. I tried unistalling and reinstalling the app but its not working, it still does the same thing. I'm running a Samsung Focus on Mango 7740. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, what can be done about it? Thanks

jep, thats a known issue. you have to delete the ...dummy file first. i will try to fix this problem in 0.3 or 0.4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mpatoolprev.png

For those who are annoyed of missing artist pictures, this tool adds pictures from last.fm, your picture hub or any link to pictures from the web.

Informations on using the app:
    -The artist may not be associated with any picture. It's not possible because the hacked method doesn't give us access to existing pictures. The tool can just add - no replacement - sorry :(
    -The created dummyfiles are grouped in one album called ...dummy. Even you edited hundreds of artists in a row you can just delete the ...dummy album.
    -using a high resolution and compression quality can result in glitchen and lags skipping to another artist during playback. The default settings works well but maybe you guys want to search for the optimal quality ;)

jt0fvqqrcode.png

DOWNLOAD latest version

next releases:
    - improving code to reduce data consumption
    - support to search and add album covers //update 16.02. looks like this doesn't work for now :(
    - releasing source code

Changelog

v0.1.1
    -auto resize to height 800px

v0.2
    -new preview function shows how widescreen pictures look croped to a 800x480 (lock)screen

v0.3
    -added longlistselector to artistselection
    -abillity to add pictures by internet link
    -edit artist names to fix misspellings in lastfm search
    -new application icon (thx to Xopy)

v0.4
    -reduced imagequality to avoid glitches and lags (please give me feedback about it)
    -some layout improvements
    -integration into musichub
    -ability to chose pictures from your local storage [ phone may not be connected / zune not running or preview screen stays black ;) ]

v0.5
    -settings page: individual quality settings and option for thumbnail mode for the picture list

BETA 1
    -add more pictures without application restart
    -delete all dummies at at once (delete album "...dummy")
    -fixed some gui bugs connected with light theme
    -multilanguage support for english, german, french, spanish* (*google translated)
    -new icon and splashscreen (designed by pausmann)

BETA 1.1
    -more languages ( italian, hungarian )

BETA 1.1.1
    -minor bugfixes, dutch and russian added

BETA 1.1.2
    -chinese (traditional) added

BETA 1.2
    -interop unlock is not longer required

BETA 1.3
    -Changed GUI
    -fixed bugs ... added new

BETA 1.4
    -new update notification system
    -spanish and portuguese added
    -updated other languages
    -fixed the new bug from 1.3

BETA 1.4.1
    -added polish, russian and turkish (don't know if the OS even supports turkish language :confused:)

BETA 1.5
    - added danish, finnish, czech
    - improved code
    - fixed color banding ( color depth now 32bit )
    - new feature: auto download pictures

BETA 1.5.1
    - hotfix for auto download: artist without preview pictures will no longer interrupt the attachment process
    - users with custom xap-handler can update the app directly

Windows Phone Daily made a review on Beta 1.1

Thanks to the translators:

Chinese (traditional) - eric1204
    Chinese (simplified) - momo100100
    Czech - Maledict, jnk
    Danish - ikinkyxd
    Dutch - daddyrazzy
    Finnish - jessenic, TrashBatteri
    French - NebZoNe
    Hungarian - dr.lacus
    Italian - kevyn82
    Japanese - momo100100
    Korean - iseewon
    Dutch - daddyrazzy
    Polish - Mark_QS
    Portuguese (Brazil) - mrmof, razeheb
    Portuguese (Portugal) - NuMbErSeVeN
    Russian - vukka
    Spanish - jlmaparicio
    Turkish - Alperen4 (don't know if the OS supports the language)

and:
    pausmann for his icon and splashscreen design

For any unsupported languages:
    Visit my project at GetLocalization.com
    New version is ready to download!
    And he's working on my HTC HD2 with WP7.5 mango

only i see the big picture but not the smal one in front...!! See pic..

Mazzie:cool:
    The tool only adds "the big pictures" ;)
    The album covers can be added with Zune or any tagging software.
    Very good tool ! Thank You !
    In my HD2 i have an issue (xbxmod/Uyki 7740/SP1 Rom) : I need to remove "dummy" in music everytime i attach a picture to an artist. Strange

Suggestion for futur update : Automatic download for all artists. Because now it's mandatory to manage artist picture one by one...With a big library it can be very long :(

Again, your tool is awesome :)
    The next version will support multiple picture attachments.Then you don't need to relaunch the app after every change.
    Any ETA for the version that downloads random images for all artists?

Can't wait :)

I will continue the development when I am done with my university exams and some other stuff I have to do.
    new release within the first half of april.
    It supports auto download in a simple way.
    If the root tools are finaly updated to v0.9 I will try to include the possibility to overwrite existing images and add missing album pictures. This will be the final version.