[XAP] vcREG:Lumia Reg Editor+Jailbreak WP8 version NO LONGER SUPPORTED

Search This thread

aakashg

Mar 6, 2016
Use WDRT to reset and get MixRadio

guys, wp8.1 version doesn't work anymore for now. someone find a store app with interopservices capability and maybe I will add it again since they pulled mixradio

If we reset wp8.1 using Windows Device Recovery Tool, then we can get Mix Radio back (tested on Lumia 720), but keep in mind not to update it:good::good:

slavanap

Nov 29, 2016
guys, wp8.1 version doesn't work anymore for now. someone find a store app with interopservices capability and maybe I will add it again since they pulled mixradio

HERE Maps, HERE Drive, HERE Transit has ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES and ID_CAP_OEMPUBLICDIRECTORY in their manifests
(not ID_CAP_OEM_CUSTOM that you have in your manifest thought).

And don't forget that app installations is still supported via Market app if you place original .xap on SD. Here you can get one for MixRadio appx4fun.com/xap/2456/

dj88

Sep 18, 2013
God's Own city
HERE Maps, HERE Drive, HERE Transit has ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES and ID_CAP_OEMPUBLICDIRECTORY in their manifests
(not ID_CAP_OEM_CUSTOM that you have in your manifest thought).

And don't forget that app installations is still supported via Market app if you place original .xap on SD. Here you can get one for MixRadio appx4fun.com/xap/2456/

Not able to deploy mixradio.xap

slavanap

Nov 29, 2016
Looks like they forced internet connection requirement to be able to install apps from SD card.
If you have Lumia 525, I can give you original firmware with this app pre-installed.
And we still have HERE apps to work with; they are still in the store.

slavanap

Nov 29, 2016

Here you can get updated files.zip (for changed method, changes below).
www89.zippyshare.com/v/selxywah/file.html

The changes applies to "WP8.1 instructions (SD card needed) " -> "manually"
Changes:

2. Install HERE Maps (microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/here-maps/9wzdncrfhw6b) from the store, and move it to sd card. Download installation file manually ( wpsnitch.appspot.com ), if you want to install it from SD card.

3 - 9. Same

10. Navigate to {EFA4B4A7... or {6C28635B-... (I got the second GUID after reinstall)
11. Delete all directories here except Install . Then navigate to Install folder. Delete following 3 files from there: AppManifest.xaml NokiaRegistryUtils.dll NokiaRegistryUtils.winmd

12.Navigate to D:\WPSystem folder and rename Apps1 back to Apps

13. Navigate to the root of your sd card. Get into "Install" folder we put here earlier. Choose all 4 files from there to Copy.

14.Navigate to D:\WPSystem\Apps\{EFA4B4A7-74...}\Install folder. Hit the app bar then paste.

15. Go to your apps list and run HERE Maps. vcREG should open. Apply unlock.

16. After you apply the unlock, you can sideload vcREG_1_2_SIDELOAD.xap to have the app available in your applist for future use.

slavanap

Nov 29, 2016
I don't have a folder Install on this step:(
Try D:\WPSystem\Apps\{6C28635B-...\Install as well. You need somehow to locate folder where HERE Maps installed into. You can try to copy Apps folder contents to some other folder and look for HERE Maps specific icons. Or just leave 1 app on SD card.

uka19

Jan 2, 2017
Try D:\WPSystem\Apps\{6C28635B-...\Install as well. You need somehow to locate folder where HERE Maps installed into. You can try to copy Apps folder contents to some other folder and look for HERE Maps specific icons. Or just leave 1 app on SD card.

After renaming the folder apps to apps1 there is nothing in D:\WPSystem\Apps\{E... . if I rename apps again to apps1, I see the install folder.

slavanap

Nov 29, 2016
Well, uninstall HERE Maps, move all apps to the phone memory, remove WPSystem folder from SD card, and carefully try again. The method worked for my Lumia525, and I repeated it twice carefully to write down all the steps. It is important that you copy files after you renamed App1 back to App.

Reactions: sirozan

mirasal2

Oct 17, 2016
Well, uninstall HERE Maps, move all apps to the phone memory, remove WPSystem folder from SD card, and carefully try again. The method worked for my Lumia525, and I repeated it twice carefully to write down all the steps. It is important that you copy files after you renamed App1 back to App.

It didnt work

SBL.

Nov 25, 2016
0x89731b01 while deploying to lumia 9250xl

0x89731b01 while deploying to lumia 9250xl

ok all fixed up now. ill post new files and instructions again here

vcREG 1.5
-------------------------
it allows restoring loading of old version of ndtksvc that allows unrestricted writing, if you've installed the extras+info update that blocks it.

go to templates, and choose "restore ndtksvc", hit apply, then reboot. now you can load vcreg normally and write to registry again.

for the 950/XL, the process is a little different. go to templates, choose "restore ndtksvc 950", hit apply. connect phone by usb to PC, go to "My PC", open your phone, then in the root directory where you see the folders Documents,Music,Pictures,Videos,etc... make a new folder called "ndtk". now in this folder you need to put a ndtksvc.dll file that you extracted from another lumia rom, like the 1520. put this file ndtksvc.dll in this ndtk folder and reboot. open vcreg and apply interop unlock. how this works is, we tell the registry to load the ndtksvc.dll version from this folder instead of the prebaked restricted one that comes stock.

@dorianmuthig has kindly provided a copy of ndtksvc.dll file in this post #332

sirozan

Dec 8, 2014
i9100
Microsoft Lumia 950/950 XL
Wow, it worked! Thank you very much for updating this method slavanap!

It was a bit of a mess with the file managers, but this is what i found out:
The one with the broken url in the post is "pocket file manager". I used it to rename Apps to Apps1 and back later.
But i needed a second one, because the free version of this App won't let you delete or copy/paste anything. I used total commander because Microsofts default file manager wasn't able to copy to the App folder after renaming it back from "Apps1" to "Apps" (i tried first to copy and rename back after that, but it didn't work that way!).
HERE Maps was in {6C28635B-... for me.

golpebaixo

Mar 6, 2017
Tried this on a Lumia 535. The "easy way" method was the only thing that worked (after a hard format so I could get MixRadio back)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WP8 version no longer supported by me, but if others offer fixes, I will post them here. W10M version is discussed in this thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/win...creg-lumia-reg-editor-interop-unlock-t3451723

WP8/8.1 MixRadio easy method working with instructions from @xboxmod

WP8/8.1 HERE Maps method working with instructions from @slavanap
    WP8.1 instructions (SD card needed)

1.Do device registration to allow sideloading of apps

2. Install HERE Maps (microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/here-maps/9wzdncrfhw6b) from the store, and move it to sd card. Download installation file manually ( wpsnitch.appspot.com ), if you want to install it from SD card.

3.Install Windows Explorer, keep it on phone
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...r/9wzdncrdrl4w

4.Sideload WPSystem_Folder_Unlocker_Release_ARM.xap(thanks @djamol and @contable),keep it on phone

5.Extract Install.zip from below , and put the extracted "Install" folder on the root of your sd card. The Install folder should have 4 files in it.

6.Open WPSystem Folder Unlocker app. Hit Unlock WPSystem Folder(sd card) button. It should say Success. Now close it

7.Open Windows Explorer.

8.Hit the app bar, go to "access folders",hit the +, choose sd card, then click the check mark

9.Navigate to D:\WPSystem folder. Rename the Apps folder to Apps1. Now open Apps1 folder

10. Navigate to {EFA4B4A7... or {6C28635B-... (I got the second GUID after reinstall)
    11. Delete all directories here except Install . Then navigate to Install folder. Delete following 3 files from there: AppManifest.xaml NokiaRegistryUtils.dll NokiaRegistryUtils.winmd

12.Navigate to D:\WPSystem folder and rename Apps1 back to Apps

13. Navigate to the root of your sd card. Get into "Install" folder we put here earlier. Choose all 4 files from there to Copy.

14.Navigate to D:\WPSystem\Apps\{EFA4B4A7-74...}\Install folder. Hit the app bar then paste.

15. Go to your apps list and run HERE Maps. vcREG should open. Apply unlock.

16. After you apply the unlock, you can sideload vcREG_1_2_SIDELOAD.xap to have the app available in your applist for future use.

Q&A

HOW TO USE THE APP TO CAP UNLOCK
    now that the app is open, you want to unlock all capabilities. hit the app bar, and tap "templates". here we see two options, interop/caps unlock, and full fs access through MTP. check your options, and click apply. Reboot for MTP.

HOW TO USE THE REGISTRY EDITOR

the main registry editor is pretty straightforward. put the correct path, the key name and value if its a write.

string: it will read as one string. writing is the same,write a string, no spaces, hit write

multistring: multiple strings are read as strings separated by spaces. to write multiple strings, separate each string by a space, hit write.

dword: it will read as 8 characters of ascii. so a value of 1 will read as 00000001. writing is the same. you MUST write 8 characters or it wont write it,so a 1 is 00000001 and B0000 is 000B0000. all bytes are hex, not decimal.

binary: when you read, the app will return 20 bytes, regardless of how long the binary is. if the whole binary sequence is 11 22 33, it will read as 112233 and then 17 00s. the reason for this is that there isnt a method to know how long the binary sequence is,so i hardcoded it to read 20. even if its longer than 20 bytes, you will only get 20 bytes back. i can up the limit at a later time if its something people need.

writing binary is also limited to a max of 20 bytes. if you are writing less than 20 bytes though, dont put the extra zeroes. if you are writing 4 bytes such as 11 22 33 44, then simply write it like this 11223344(no spaces) then hit write.

DO THESE REGISTRY CHANGES PERSIST AFTER A HARD/FACTORY RESET?

no. if you hard reset, you will revert back to the stock rom and any changes you made to the registry will be lost. you will have to make the changes again after a hard reset. file system changes, especially in the windows folder can persist though.

[/HIDE]
    ok all fixed up now. ill post new files and instructions again here

vcREG 1.5
    -------------------------
    it allows restoring loading of old version of ndtksvc that allows unrestricted writing, if you've installed the extras+info update that blocks it.

go to templates, and choose "restore ndtksvc", hit apply, then reboot. now you can load vcreg normally and write to registry again.

for the 950/XL, the process is a little different. go to templates, choose "restore ndtksvc 950", hit apply. connect phone by usb to PC, go to "My PC", open your phone, then in the root directory where you see the folders Documents,Music,Pictures,Videos,etc... make a new folder called "ndtk". now in this folder you need to put a ndtksvc.dll file that you extracted from another lumia rom, like the 1520. put this file ndtksvc.dll in this ndtk folder and reboot. open vcreg and apply interop unlock. how this works is, we tell the registry to load the ndtksvc.dll version from this folder instead of the prebaked restricted one that comes stock.
    @dorianmuthig has kindly provided a copy of ndtksvc.dll file in this post #332
    Hi
    for those who need i have patched CustomWPSystem_0600 to support mixradio.
    http://xb0xmod.perso.sfr.fr/CustomWPSystem_0601.xap
    -install mix radio on the sdcard.
    -install CustomWPSystem on the device.
    -put vcREG_MIX_RADIO_bootstrap.xap on the sdcard the run the app.

Capture.JPG
    UPDATE

I'm collaborating with @Pasquiindustry to bring the full registry editing capabilities of vcREG to CustomPFD. When the new version of CustomPFD is released, vcREG as an app will be retired, but a new xap called vcBREAK will be released. its only purpose will be to do the "jailbreak" (interop/capability unlock), and then you would use CustomPFD to do all your registry editing and apply your tweaks. When there is more information to share, you will know.
    found a solution, and its hilarious how such a simple solution was overlooked.

you don't HAVE to modify OEMSettings.reg, you can modify other files and it works fine. I simply added registry entries to Microsoft.Input.mtf_Lang_en-us.reg instead of the OEMSettings.reg file that was locked, and IT WORKED. i even tried it on my ativ,which has OEMSettings.reg locked, and it also worked. I will add this to vcREG soon for people with locked OEMSettings.reg.