• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[XAP] WP7 Registry Editor !!HTC Only!!

Search This thread

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
Registry Editor app for HTC devices,
based on the registry viewer from (nico)

use on your own risk

EDIT: some of the paths are hidden, I'll add an option to manually edit a registry key

v1.3:
added manual button, for manual add of registry key. you can also manually type in a path and then click enter to try to resolve its sub keys. in the same way you can enter a key name and click enter to try to resolve it.

v1.4:
values are escaped

Attachments

• RegistryEditor-1.4.zip
    233.8 KB · Views: 15,770
Last edited:

tai4de2

Feb 10, 2008
Bug: entering a value with an ampersand ('&') fails silently. Try it yourself and see if you can change any value to xxx&yyy. The update will appear to work but it won't actually have done anything.

Bug in the tool, or issue with the HTC-specific DLL/API? The new touchxplorer Advanced Config appears to have the same issue.

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
could you give an example of what you mean by resolve hidden values?

example 1: Click the manual button, in path type: HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
then click enter, you will see the content of a registry path that wasn't listed.

example 2: Click the manual button and type in
Path: HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
Value Name: oemname
then enter, the value data will be resolved (HTC)

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
Bug: entering a value with an ampersand ('&') fails silently. Try it yourself and see if you can change any value to xxx&yyy. The update will appear to work but it won't actually have done anything.

Bug in the tool, or issue with the HTC-specific DLL/API? The new touchxplorer Advanced Config appears to have the same issue.

my bad, had to encode the XML before shipping it to the registry
i fixed it in v1.4

monroe42

Dec 9, 2007
Does not seem to work, entered HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
in the path, hit OK , got the popup warning that the registry will change hit OK,
Registry location stayed where it was. Can it be that the key does not exist on HTC HD7?

Mike

walshieau

Nov 7, 2006
Does not seem to work, entered HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
in the path, hit OK , got the popup warning that the registry will change hit OK,
Registry location stayed where it was. Can it be that the key does not exist on HTC HD7?

Mike

That's because the registry API is being blocked from editing it there.

bhai1981

Nov 4, 2010
sorry about sily question. i am new to wp7. i have copied .xap file to storage from pc. how do i install this file as i can not see it in phone and it woun't run from pc.
please help.

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
it doesn't work for my hd7.when i press 1 of the folders my phone just vibrate and back to start.

fonck03

Apr 20, 2009

use on your own risk

EDIT: some of the paths are hidden, I'll add an option to manually edit a registry key

v1.3:
added manual button, for manual add of registry key. you can also manually type in a path and then click enter to try to resolve its sub keys. in the same way you can enter a key name and click enter to try to resolve it.

v1.4:
values are escaped

It doesnt work on HTC Surrround 7714, it opens, and instantly will close, any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

use on your own risk

v1.3:

v1.4:
    values are escaped
    the xap is inside the zip

effectively, I had a bug that also extracts the xap.
    Does this need interop unlock please tell me it does not

Not working even with interloop unlock

Sent from Ant's 7 Mozart T8698 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App.