XBOX One Slim Controller Bluetooth

Search This thread

Felnarion

Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, they've already stated it will work with Android devices so this should include Android TV devices like the Shield.
It doesn't really work with the shield yet, even with the Xbox driver kernel. It's detected, and will pair, but a lot of the buttons are mismapped, and I haven't found a way around that yet.

Some games on Windows actually have the same problem as well.

Reactions: bigmachingon

Zacharybinx34

Mar 20, 2012
It doesn't really work with the shield yet, even with the Xbox driver kernel. It's detected, and will pair, but a lot of the buttons are mismapped, and I haven't found a way around that yet.

Some games on Windows actually have the same problem as well.

If you find a way, please let me know.

Thanks!

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
If you find a way, please let me know.

Thanks!

after firmware update it works but you have to pair every time you start the controller on android.
and the button layout is different than the Xbox 360.
someone need to make an app to fix those small issues.
on my PC side everything works after the Bluetooth stack and driver update for the anniversary from broadcom.
my PC use a all in one Bluetooth and wifi chip from them.

Last edited:
after firmware update it works but you have to pair every time you start the controller on android.
and the button layout is different than the Xbox 360.
someone need to make an app to fix those small issues.
on my PC side everything works after the Bluetooth stack and driver update for the anniversary from broadcom.
my PC use a all in one Bluetooth and wifi chip from them.

what do you mean layout is different from xbox 360?

Felnarion

Mar 23, 2011
what do you mean layout is different from xbox 360?
The shield just doesn't map the controller to the Xbox 360 layout correctly. if you have an app where you can bind inputs, like an emulator, all the inputs are active...and you can bind them all manually and it's usable. But if your game does not have that, or is expecting xinput commands, the buttons are wrong, the bumpers seem to be Y, triggers don't seem to do anything etc.

The shield just doesn't map the controller to the Xbox 360 layout correctly. if you have an app where you can bind inputs, like an emulator, all the inputs are active...and you can bind them all manually and it's usable. But if your game does not have that, or is expecting xinput commands, the buttons are wrong, the bumpers seem to be Y, triggers don't seem to do anything etc.

This is disappointing. Surely there will be an update that fixes this :'(

HeXDeMoN

worked for me , thanks for sharing.

For those it didn't work this is what I did , downloaded file on Shield TV *rooted btw* copied to /system/usr/keylayout/ , unpaired controller , restarted shield tv, repaired and now as far as I can tell all the buttons are working as they are supposed to.

Only issues so far is still seems like apps still dont like the controller even if properly mapped. Emulators for the most part work with every button.

Last edited:

I3ig Al

May 24, 2013
Im having the issue where the controller will not "find" my Shield tablet or my nexus phone after being disconnected. I have to repair it every single damn time, and the pairing process is a massive pain in the ass that fails most of the time. I have updated the firmware and it just seems like the controller blinks endlessly.

Pitiklin

Dec 7, 2009
There is a new firmware update for the controller that works perfect on my shield tv. No patch needed.

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
Can someone post a link to what exact model this is?

it is no more needed now,microsoft fixed this problem by releasing a firmware update on the controller.
you can update your Xbox one S controller by plugging it to your Xbox one or by using the Xbox accessories app on the windows store.

Top Liked Posts