XCam LG v6.2.4 [G2]

dondavis007

Aug 10, 2010
Just want to praise this mod, the thing I really wasn't satisfied with was Camera and Sound. Both are now perfect for a phone, so thank you for helping my phone reach it's full potential

Sent from a mobile Gadget...

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

I wonder why LG made a camera app where settings don't stick. Weird choice, hopefully it's fixable, somehow

Sent from a mobile Gadget...

Reactions: xdabbeb

xdabbeb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2010
New version in OP. Not a lot of changes, but at least one of the requests (exif info) has been implemented fully for Normal mode. LG did some weird stuff for low-light photos in that mode, but that has been bypassed now. Normal mode is now the most flexible (as it should be). There's still quite a bit of denoising going on at higher ISO, but I'm going to see if I can tone it down a bit to balance the noise/blur ratio a bit more favorably. The problem is that they aren't using it in visible (programatically) way. A logcat actually shows that it's off! It isn't.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, take a photo in a dimly-lit room in Normal mode with ISO set on auto and the brightness slider all the way up. It will send the ISO up to ~3900 (which is beyond what I think it actually is at) and the resultant photo will have a fair amount of denoising/smoothing applied.

Thanks @dondavis007! Glad you're enjoying it.

@Steamer86 The VZW variant (which I also have) always used the date for file name. The attempted fix was just for those that didn't.

@levelone I tried again to set the shutter to 1/2 but didn't see much if any difference in the amount of light getting in. I think it may be that we're reaching the limits of the assembly down there. If you want, send me a PM and I can send you a version set that low for you to test and see what you think.

Last edited:

wadamean

Jun 28, 2012
Will this mod remove the stock LG camera app and replace it with this mod?

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Plus what does it mean on the download of newest version of this when one says quiet and the other one doesn't.

nic85

Feb 5, 2009
Italy
Can you turn off the recording beep sound?

flashing new camera, filenames will be from 001..what happen if there is already a file with that name?

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Will this mod remove the stock LG camera app and replace it with this mod?

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Plus what does it mean on the download of newest version of this when one says quiet and the other one doesn't.

quite focusing... no beep when the image is on focus.

Last edited:

kerempek

Jul 20, 2011
Probably your rom is deodex, otherwise it is strange.
I'm in orginal D 802 rom. Only rooted with standart procedures which everybody does :(. But i reflash version v1.0 and my camera and gallery apps are back again. How can i restore them original manually ?

Thanks.

adrenalin100

May 3, 2012
Kyiv
Guys ,why such a small rate of the audio stream in video (156-159kbit/s max) ?In my old s2 170-190 -226 kbit/s .
Video 60 fps retarding .

Last edited:

nic85

Feb 5, 2009
Italy
flashed latest 1.1.1 works good :good:

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Guys ,why such a small rate of the audio stream in video (156-159kbit/s max) ?In my old s2 170-190 -226 kbit/s .
Video 60 fps retarding .
the dev is working on it