XCam LG v6.2.4 [G3]

Search This thread

thomasck

May 26, 2008
Google Pixel 6
Just did flash "XCam LG - Android 6.0.x (MM) - Flashable zip for rooted users that want sd card access" zip file, and still can't write to SD. Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

LG G3 D855 MM FullMics 6.7

Edit:

Forget about it. Already fixed. Removed the Xcam previously installed, and re-flashed .zip! Working great now.

WAAAAAAAAAAY better than any other cam app I used, congrats!

Last edited:
Reactions: xdabbeb

Aioria

Aug 7, 2007
Running 46A rooted. Flashed the XCAM version to make it a system app. For good measure, edited the platform.xml file to allow write access to external storage.

Yet I still don't get the option to save to the SD Card. No pop-up asking me ever shows up. Nothing in settings (clicked the gear) to select storage destination. I really don't want to use the internal storage for saving photos. Please help!

I got it fixed. Here is where I made my mistake and how I fixed it.

1. Due to not properly reading the instructions, I installed it incorrectly. When I first flashed the 46A ROM, I flashed the xcam system installer in twrp. Then I installed the regular app in the rom itself.

2. Once I realized my mistake, I uninstalled xcam (it was a user app), booted to twrp and flashed the system installer. But no luck.

3. Posted here asking for help.

I'm guessing that since I updated a system app with a user app, a regular uninstall left a remnant behind. So I used TB to uninstall the system app, rebooted the system, then rebooted to recovery. Installed the system app, rebooted, and now I can save photos to the external card. Hurrah!

Hi to all, I have Zoe Rom and same problem, I have flashed the file in the OP and tried as done by the user above but I had no luck, in the settings the square for select where safe the picture is gray and empty
, can me someone help?
Thanks

GormyGorm

Jun 26, 2016
I just bought the settings app, and downloaded the apk linked here, and I tried taking images in the RAW format on my LG G3 D851, yet I couldn't find the image, but the counter went down, indicating that an image was taken and stored. Has anyone else experienced this, and where are the images stored by default?

jomtos

Oct 8, 2014
Santo Domingo
I just bought the settings app, and downloaded the apk linked here, and I tried taking images in the RAW format on my LG G3 D851, yet I couldn't find the image, but the counter went down, indicating that an image was taken and stored. Has anyone else experienced this, and where are the images stored by default?

In your camera folder look for a folder called DNG

W

Whiskeyomega

When I goto record video in 4k . The Video looks scrambled . Is this a known bug?

Nikolatas

Jun 28, 2016
Does someone else have a focus problem? It tends to not autofocus really close targets at about 10cm from the camera

@Peterrrrr

Mar 6, 2012
I use your app on LG G Pro 2 and use the stock 4.4, what I have read is that G Pro 2 is able to shot in raw on 4.4 but not 5.0.
If I turn on the raw nothing happens when after taking a photo, I dont find any raw file, also if the raw is activated the camera dosnt save videos.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xcam_banner.png

!!! PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE PROCEEDING !!!

NOTE: Public M Beta: See downloads below.

My goal for this application was to create a more flexible camera solution for LG phones. The camera hardware itself is very capable, but LG didn't necessarily take full advantage of it with their software. This app extends the capabilities of the camera and offers increased control/quality.

• For instructions on using the XCam LG Settings donation app, see the 2nd post.
    • This is ONLY for stock or stock-based firmware (the version of Android that LG provides).

Installation:
    1. Make sure you have turned on the option for "Unknown Sources" under Settings > General > Security.

2. Download the latest version of XCam LG to your phone that corresponds to your Android version (links below). When the download has finished, pull down your notification tray and select the file. If you can't find it, go to "Downloads" listed in your app drawer and select the file from there. This will start the install process.
    3. If you wish to support development and gain additional functionality, you can purchase the XCam LG Settings app from the play store HERE. For details on the options within this companion app, see the 2nd post.

4. Due to changes Google made STARTING with Android 4.4.x, saving to external storage (your sdcard) is impossible without reverting the change. Fortunately, this is very easy provided you have root access. If you want to make the change yourself manually, HERE's a good explanation. You can also download NextApp's SDFix from the play store that automates the change.

FAQ:
    1. Why won't XCam 6.x install on my device?
      • If you're running ART on Android 4.4.x, XCam 6.x won't work. In order to make XCam compatible with the official ART included with Android 5.0.x, changes were needed that make it incompatible with the unofficial/beta implementation included with KitKat. XCam 6.x will work perfectly with the official KitKat runtime (dalvik), however. If you want to run ART on KitKat, you can still use the latest 5.x branch apk.
    2. I'm using L...where did the LiveEffect video and Shot & Clear photo modes go?
      • LG removed support framework for these modes from their L firmware. If you want them back, feel free to contact them.
    3. Will this work on AOSP?
      • No. This camera requires framework/driver support that is only in the stock LG firmware.
    4. Will you ever make it work on AOSP?
      • Though I won't say "never", I will say it's highly unlikely. Asking this question repeatedly makes it less likely.
    5. Why doesn't my screen turn on with the Vol- longpress when this is the default camera app?
      • This is due to LG hard-coding the package reference in their framework. XCam LG itself has the capability but your firmware will need to be modified to point to the new package. I have given some of the details on what to look for HERE.
    6. Why are the 60 and 120 fps video modes darker?
      • This is due to the nature of light & photography. An increase in frame rate means a faster effective shutter speed...which also means less light getting to the sensor per frame.
    7. Why doesn't the 60 fps video mode always shoot at 60 fps?
      • LG's camera driver decides when the ambient lighting is high enough to allow 60fps. All the camera app can do is request it, so it's out of my control.
    8. Why don't I have a saturation slider in the settings app?
      • As mentioned in the settings app's play store description, this is only available with the stock G2 camera driver. LG removed this capability from the G Pro 2 and the G3.
    9. Why are the icons overlapping/misaligned and why is the preview not filling the whole screen?
      • This is because you changed the default screen density/dpi for your device, which throws off the UI layout. To resolve this, you can either use the freely available App Settings xposed module to force XCam to stock (640) or modify the apk yourself using the files I have posted here as a guide. I will not be supporting these mods, however, so do not ask questions about how to make the changes or use apktool in the thread.

Problems/bugs/errors:
    1. Gather as much information as possible on how to reproduce the issue.
    2. If the application is force closing, get a full logcat that shows the error/problem. Here is an excellent tutorial on how to make one. There are also apps such as SysLog available in the play store that allow you to capture this on your device.
    3. Post very clear/exact steps to reproduce the problem along with logs here. If you don't have either, post in the Q & A thread.

Changelog:
    Version 6.2.4:
    • fix DualCam FC on KK
    • fix DNG conv for GPro2/LGL22
    • fix GPro2 LED FC
    • fix G2 LP AutoFlash FC
    • add Rule of 3rds grid toggle
    • add Max Screen Lux toggle
    • add Touch Shutter toggle (like tap-to-focus/shoot in stock G3 camera)
    • low batt check off
    • G3 front camera Beauty
    • NR on/off for more modes (device-dependent)
    • Auto HDR/Night in IA shot mode for G3 series
    Version 6.0.0:
    • Official LG Android L compatibility
    • UI refresh and new icons (thanks @60nine !!!)
    • Gesture selfie for front camera
    Version 5.2.4:
    • revert :: bump 60fps min rate higher in low-light (caused problems in certain luminance conditions)
    • fix UHD mode missing from stock g2 + 4kUHD version
    Version 5.2.3:
    • NEW:: w10m video snapshot in 1080p/720p 30fps modes
    • NEW:: manual focus in HDR, Burst, Panorama, Shot/Clear modes
    • NEW:: bump 60fps min rate higher in low-light
    • removed unused code/permissions (fix vs98511c & L crashes)
    • fix HDR edge glitch for G3
    Version 5.1.2:
    • Add Shot and Clear photo mode
    • Slightly improved quality in a few shot modes
    Version 5.1.1:
    • BugFix: FC when selecting Help in Photo mode
    • Bypass Video mode popup for Sprint users
    Version 5.1.0:
    • Added support for the LG G3
    • Redesigned icon :)
    • Support for XCam LG Settings donation app (available in Play Store)
      • Control Jpeg Compression Level (Quality), Contrast, Saturation (stock G2 camera driver only) and Sharpness.
      • Control minimum shutter speed for Burst Shot, Intelligent Auto, Night, Normal and Sports photo modes.
      • Control other camera features such as the audio noise Gate, automatic night mode, focus Lock/video recording sounds, etc.
    • Sports mode now set at min 1/30 shutter speed
    Version 5.0.0:
    • Initial release of completely new app
    • NEW Lightframe/flash mode for front camera
    • NEW Sports mode revamped
      • Set at min 1/24 shutter speed
      • For now, if you don't open the camera in Sports mode, you will need to toggle between IA mode and back to Sports to enable this faster shutter (you can also toggle between video and back)
    • Normal mode now bypasses the automatic switch to night mode in low light (and the corresponding multi-frame smoothed/nr photo).
    • Improved image quality across the board

Special Thanks To:
    • Brut.all & iBotPeaches - apktool
    • JesusFreke - smali/baksmali
    • 60nine - for the excellent icons and banner
    • troopii - for the color matrices and commiseration

Please provide any feedback pertaining to bugs or feature requests as I'll be actively working on this project.

Devs: Due to the fact that this mod is available as a normal apk install, there is no need for and I do not authorize it to be included in ANY roms/firmware. It just creates confusion for people installing it and fragments bug reporting and feature requests. You can direct them to this thread to install the latest version. Though it should go without saying, I do not approve of any use/copying of the code/methods contained herein for your own app/mod.

XDA:DevDB Information
    XCam LG, Device Specific App for the LG G3

Contributors
    xdabbeb

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 6.2.4
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-10

Created 2014-09-11
    Last Updated 2016-02-16
    XCam LG Settings Donation App

!!! PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE PROCEEDING !!!

The XCam LG Settings app provides something extra for those who choose to donate and support development. It allows on-the-fly configuration for many aspects of the camera that were previously unavailable.

• This is ONLY for stock or stock-based firmware (the version of Android that LG provides)...not AOSP/CM/etc.

Installation:
    1. Download the latest version of XCam LG Settings from the Google Play Store HERE. This will start the install process.
    2. If you want to test early releases, join the XCam LG Settings Google+ community and then follow the link found there to become a tester.
    3. If your phone/model shows as currently unsupported, please get in touch with me.
    Usage:
    1. Image Control:
      • Quality: Change the jpeg compression level from 0 (high compression/small file size) to 100 (lowest compression/largest file size)
      • Contrast: Change the pre-processing contrast level from 0 (lowest) to 10 (highest)
      • Saturation: Change the pre-processing saturation level from 0 (greyscale) to 10 (highly saturated). This option is not available on all devices/drivers.
      • Sharpness: Change the pre-processing sharpness level from 0 (lowest) to 36 (highest)
    2. Shutter Control:
      • Burst/IA/Night/Normal/Sports: Change the minimum shutter speed for the corresponding shotmode. This is useful if you want to capture faster-moving subjects in lower light situations and don't want the camera to automatically shift to it's slowest possible shutter speed (~ 1/7 sec). Keep in mind that increasing this speed obviously means darker photos. Some interesting results can be achieved by leaving "Auto Night Mode" (described in next section) enabled while setting the minimum shutter speed of Normal mode to 1/30. The multiple exposures of night mode and the corresponding noise reduction still kick in, but the focus time is improved. Due to edge issues these photos are best if cropped.
    3. Bitrate Control:
      • Change the bitrate for UHD (if supported by your device), FHD60fps, FHD30fps, HD120fps (slo-mo), HD60fps, and HD30fps modes. NOTE :: You can only go as high as your firmware/rom allows for. NO app can override this. To change this, you'll have to edit the maxBitRate for the h264 encoder in your media_profiles.xml.
    4. Photo options:
      • Auto Night Mode: Toggle the automatic drop into Night for the Normal shotmode ON/OFF.
      • Noise Reduction: Toggle photo wavelet noise reduction ON/OFF. This will work on many (but not all shotmodes)...Normal, Panorama, HDR, Night and IA. NOTE :: Turning this off bypasses all post-processing. This includes sharpness, contrast, zoom, etc.
      • Normal Mode Raw: Toggle raw bayer mode ON/OFF for Normal shotmode. They will NOT have a preview image as your gallery app can't read them. The resulting files will have a .dng extension and will be in the /sdcard/DCIM/Camera/dng/ directory. You can use your file manager of choice to browse to this directory and open them with the free version of PhotoShop Express from the Play Store or view/edit them on your computer. The library I wrote to convert our camera's mipi raw to dng is based on ille's raspiraw binary, which in turn is based on sample code by Dave Coffin (creator of dcraw).
      • Chroma Flash: Toggle chroma flash ON/OFF (G2 Advanced KK driver and GPro2 KK only)
      • Focus Lock Sound: Toggle the sound heard when touch focus locks ON/OFF
      • Night Mode: Toggle the night shotmode availability under the mode button ON/OFF
      • Sports Mode: Toggle the sports shotmode availability under the mode button ON/OFF
    5. Video options:
      • Continuous Focus: This is the default focus mode for video that adjusts continually based on both your and your subjects' movement. Turn it off to access the following mode
      • Fixed Focus: When continuous focus is OFF and this is ON, video mode will be set at a fixed/infinity focal point. When both continuous AND this is turned OFF, the focal point can be set while in photo mode and when you switch to video it will hold that focal point.
      • Audio Source: Select any of the available audio sources listed HERE. If you're looking for the equivalent of the previous Noise Gate Toggle, select Mic. This allows control over the sometimes objectionable "underwater audio" effect.
      • Stereo Mics: Toggle between stereo (ON) and mono (OFF) if supported by your device.
      • Audio Rec Check: Toggle the check for another app using the microphone ON/OFF. This can alleviate the "Cannot start recording while another application is using audio" message encountered when the "OK Google" Detection from any screen option is enabled under Google Now. Keep in mind that this is enabled for a reason, and that videos recorded while this check is bypassed may stutter slightly.
      • Recording Sound: Toggle the sound heard when starting/stopping video recording ON/OFF
    Problems:
    1. Gather as much information as possible on how to reproduce the issue.
    2. If the application is force closing, get a full logcat that shows the error/problem. Here is an excellent tutorial on how to make one. There are also apps such as CatLog available in the play store that allow you to capture this on your device.
    3. Post very clear/exact steps to reproduce the problem here along with any pertinent log files or email them to info@bellabytes.com.
    Changelog:
    Version 1.6.5:
    • G2 Advanced LP support
    • One-time reset of prefs
    • Remove G2 LP raw (LG broke it). I will keep working on it.
    • NEW:: Audio Source toggle (device-dependent)
    • NEW:: UHD 5min limit toggle
    Version 1.5.2:
    • Save raw in dng format
    Version 1.4.0:
    • XCam LG 6.0.0 push
    Version 1.3.5:
    • NEW:: save raw in Normal ShotMode
    • NEW:: disable photo NR
    • NEW:: adjust video bitrate
    • NEW:: video focus: toggle continuous, fixed/infinity and lock from photo mode.
    • improved update/model checks
    • layout change/cleanup
    Version 1.2.0:
    • Add automatic update check for XCam LG app
    • Adjusted min shutter speeds for stock G2 camera driver
    • Fix camera driver quirk that could cause "cannot connect" error after first run of settings app on certain devices.
    • Detailed licensing errors with links to contact Google directly in the event of a problem.
    Version 1.1.0:
    • Add stereo/mono microphone option for video
    Version 1.0.1:
    • Add support for LG G3
    • Thank you toast only on first run
    • Fix links in Menu > About
    Version 1.0.0:
    • Initial release
    Public M BETA posted in OP. A few notes...

SD CARD ACCESS:
    Due to the fact that Google changed external storage (yet again) with M, the only way to get external sd card write access is by installing XCam as a system app. If you're rooted, that's not a problem. Just flash the zip provided in the OP after first uninstalling any existing version. If you are NOT rooted, install the apk version as usual. If you have a sd card installed you will need to manually switch to internal storage as your external storage will report as read-only. I can't say if there will be an option for non-rooted users at this time as all of the workarounds are far less than ideal. Using SAF/DocumentsProvider is slower and so isn't a good solution for a camera app that needs to write large bytestreams quickly. Using the app-specific getExternalFilesDir is flawed as the minute the app is uninstalled, your photos are deleted. And before you suggest it...NO, simply providing a warning to people that this is a consequence is not an acceptable solution as you won't be the one fielding the rants of those who lost a year's worth of photos. It would be irresponsible to do this. I will continue to look into a viable alternative, however. If anyone has any insight into this, please EMAIL me.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Occasional rotation and surfaceview shuffling UI glitches (the multi-window focus rectangles and grid will get tucked behind the preview). I will look into these, but they are just cosmetic. Tapping the screen puts it in order
    • Screen lux ---> Max similarly won't kick in until you tap the screen somewhere. Likely related to the first.
    • I had to dumb down burst mode (now called continuous shot). It only takes 6 photos at a lower res for now. This is a low-priority fix, however.
    Please let me know what other issues you encounter, but ONLY with clear instructions to reproduce ALONG with a log. Thanks!

@xdabbeb What is jpeg compression for free Xcam Lg Settings v1.6.5? I have LG G3 unrooted and downloaded lollipop apk file from OP.
    There is no "free" settings app, so you're using a pirated copy. If you want to support development, you can get the app from the play store.
    Every single RAW decoder I have tried (including dcraw) give me an unsupported file format error.
    Super helpful guide you got there for all us who have payed to assist you, make me regret my purchase not because the work's not there but because I can't use it.

So, because you can't figure out how to use one feature amongst the many others included in the camera it's my fault? Something for you to keep in mind is that this is a development site, not a hand-holding site. If you can't figure something out on your own, try asking for help in the appropriate manner and place. Reading is also a requisite here. In fact, if you had read just one page worth of recent posts you would've seen that the next version will make it easier for those unable/unwilling to decode the raw files on their own.

As for your tale of regret/woe...give me a break. It's a voluntary donation app and includes far more than just raw so it's unfounded. Comments like these certainly have made many devs regret sharing their work, however.