XDA App not working on Nook

Search This thread

Hindle1225

Jun 18, 2010
I spent some time looking through forums, if I missed the answer to my question you can throw me in the fire.

Running nightlie #95 and dal oc kernel@ 1200 mhz. 7.03 stable all the way up to this nightlie I haven't been able to run the XDA on the nook. It loads up and I can make a few selections than it fc's.

Is this because I changed my build.prop for netflix? Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

martian21

Sep 12, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
it dont work fer any body on a nook, use tapatalk.
NOT TRUE!

The XDA app (free version) looks for an IMEI number which the Nook does not have. DizzyDen has put together an app to patch your framework.jar file to give your Nook a fake IMEI based off your Serial number so apps like the XDA app, Swype, HBO GO, and the Xfinity app which look for IMEI numbers will work.

obsidianblackhawk

May 19, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
Guys i hate to break it to all of you but the XDA APP has work on cm7 since day 1. No mods no tapatalk pro no nothing. install it from the market and run what ya brung. i have never had a problem with it once.

EDIT: This is without any hacking of the IMEI at all.

Hindle1225

Jun 18, 2010
I will have to try out the imei file. Sick of seeing "process com.quoord.tapatalkxda.activity"

Thanks for the ideas

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

martian21

Sep 12, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Guys i hate to break it to all of you but the XDA APP has work on cm7 since day 1. No mods no tapatalk pro no nothing. install it from the market and run what ya brung. i have never had a problem with it once.

EDIT: This is without any hacking of the IMEI at all.

This is true on phones (which have an IMEI) not on the Nook...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

IFLATLINEI

Dec 27, 2010
In my experience the XDA never worked right. On both NookieFroyo and on CM7 I could use it to browse but once I tried to login it would force close. Works great on my Eris though!

I wonder what is the advantage of the app is anyway? I just use Opera and go to the website. I'm doing it right now.

obsidianblackhawk

May 19, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
again i beg to differ I have never once had an issue with the XDA app from the day i got my nook. Never hacked anything. It has always worked perfectly every single time. Not to say other people my not have issues, but both my Nook and My Wife's nook has never had an issue.

edit: Question or clarification perhaps. Are you guys getting errors just trying to load the app or when making a reply?

Last edited:

fuul4nook

May 20, 2011
yeah never seen that one happen.

When you say it worked from day one, which version of the app and CM7 are you referring to? And what are you on now?

I have a recent SD install CM7/n87 and a fresh download of the XDA free app, and it FCs everytime when you try to do anything relating to log in. Can you confirm what you're running, may have done special to get it to work?

Hindle1225

Jun 18, 2010
When you say it worked from day one, which version of the app and CM7 are you referring to? And what are you on now?

I have a recent SD install CM7/n87 and a fresh download of the XDA free app, and it FCs everytime when you try to do anything relating to log in. Can you confirm what you're running, may have done special to get it to work?

fuul, what you describe is exactly the problem I am having

obsidianblackhawk

May 19, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
I owe this thread an apology. I had never actually tried to login on the XDA app. I just browsed forums.

Note However: Now that i have logged into the app. I can still browse fine, the only time i'm getting a FC is when i try to reply to a thread.

Again i apologize for not testing further before spouting off at the mouth. Yes there is in fact a problem, i just don't experience "as bad" of a problem as some of the rest of you.

IFLATLINEI

Dec 27, 2010
I gotta say that its kind of rediculous this app has problems running on the nook correctly since xda seems to be the center of Nook Color hacking universe.

Then again the app is pointless when I can just use my browser. In fact I'm now getting rid of any and all apps that can be replaced with my browser. What's the point?

knaries2000

Apr 13, 2009
just get the xda premium app, that does not require an imei number or do the framework hack.

Sent from my NookColor using XDA Premium App

Hindle1225

Jun 18, 2010
But why? What does the app offer that browsing to the full site does not? Besides looking like crap and taking up space.

Anytime I can use an app made for a particular forum I use that over the browser anyday. Having multiple bookmarks saved for each forum thread and for each forum starts to clutter up the rest of my non forum bookmarks. An app like XDA lets you save favorites within the app itself, therefor freeing up adding 20 some odd extra bookmarks of threads I like to keep up on.

IFLATLINEI

Dec 27, 2010
The site provides that same functionality. You can subscribe to threads eliminating the need to fill your browser with extra bookmarks.

When I open my browser and click on my xda bookmark I'm automatically signed in and ready to pickup on all the threads I have participated in or have interest in. I just don't see the need for a xda app. There has to be a reason for the app. There must be something it does for the user the website will not. WHY!?!?!?!? LOL

Last edited:

fuul4nook

May 20, 2011
The site provides that same functionality. You can subscribe to threads eliminating the need to fill your browser with extra bookmarks.

When I open my browser and click on my xda bookmark I'm automatically signed in and ready to pickup on all the threads I have participated in or have interest in. I just don't see the need for a xda app. There has to be a reason for the app. There must be something it does for the user the website will not. WHY!?!?!?!? LOL

Lower bandwidth for one? Noticed that with the stock browser and dolphin HD, there are times when browsing the XDA site directly it has issues rendering certain pages. Could be luck of the draw and a misbehaving ad banner for all I know, or a bad internet connection from my side, no idea. But overall the XDA app feels like it's lower bandwidth.

Since I haven't been able to get the logged in version of the free XDA app to work, I couldn't tell you beyond just this if it's worthwhile.