General XDA article: Android 13 leak reveals four new styles for dynamic theming system, gives us a glimpse of notification permissions

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
https://www.xda-developers.com/andr...namic-theming-notification-permission-dialog/

January 13, 2022 2:39am Kishan Vyas

Android 13 leak reveals four new styles for dynamic theming system, gives us a glimpse of notification permissions​

The wallpaper-based dynamic theming is one of the biggest highlights of Android 12. The feature, codenamed “monet,” generates a rich color palette based on the colors extracted from your wallpaper and then applies them to theme various parts of the system UI and apps. It appears the wallpaper-based theming system is set to get even more dynamic in Android 13.
According to Android Police (via Mishaal Rahman), Google is working on four new styles for the monet theming system. These new styles are codenamed TONAL_SPOT, VIBRANT, EXPRESSIVE, and SPRITZ. All these styles would still use your wallpaper to generate a color palette.
  • TONAL_SPOT: The default Material You pallete.
  • VIBRANT: This one offers more colorful secondary and background colors
  • EXPRESSIVE: Covers a wider range of colors, including those not present in the background.
  • SPIRITZ: It has a muted, almost grayscale pallete
Android 12 on Pixel phones already offers four dynamic theme styles which are generated by changing the seed color or main hue. However, these new styles would be different in that they would offer greater customization and colorfulness.
Here are some screenshots that showcase all four styles in action:
TONAL_SPOT VIBRANT EXPRESSIVE SPIRITZ
A separate report from Android Police gives us the first look at Android 13’s runtime permission for notifications. As we previously reported, Android 13 adds a new runtime permission for notifications. This means that notifications could become an opt-in feature on Android 13. Users may be able to choose whether they want to allow an app to send a notification, just like how they are able to control Location and Camera permissions. The following screenshot shared by Android Police showcases how the notification permission dialogue would look like in Android 13. As you can see, the dialogue shows two options: Allow and Don’t.
Android-13_Runtime_Notifications_Permission-fixed.png

Other noteworthy features and changes in Android 13 include a redesigned audio output picker, a tap-to-transfer feature for media playback, easier QR code scanning, and the ability to define language settings on a per-app basis.

Android-Desire

Sep 17, 2010
Copenhagen
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I would love some options, not what they think we like but like hex color codes and font selection, turn off material you theming switch would be nice, i dont like the bad way they miss the colors on the system.
To me Android 12 is a step down in terms of theming, and the only issue i have is android auto and music playing, my wireless headset does not drop audio at all but android auto does it like 5-6 times on a 30 min drive.

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I wish they'd let me change my font again. 😮💨
They need to allow greater customization similar to Samsung and their options; such as lock screen clock, fonts, icon styles etc. It makes more sense for it to come from Google than a direct competitor.

Even "material you" is so limited i don't even see it as a proper theme engine.

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
They need to allow greater customization similar to Samsung and their options; such as lock screen clock, fonts, icon styles etc. It makes more sense for it to come from Google than a direct competitor.

While I agree with you about material you being limited, keep in mind it was a massive change to the system and it's only in its first release. It's clearly gonna expand from here. Lock screen clock is already rumored to be coming in android 13 or maybe it was even 12L. And if you want to change fonts and icons etc maybe your better off Samsung? I don't believe Google cares to do that...you can already install a third party launcher and change your icons and with ADB you can change your fonts most likely. You can already do more customization on a pixel than an iPhone...yet Apple seems to get away with it and Google gets crapped on because they don't do as much as Samsung etc.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Dragon Kumera

Mar 14, 2019
While I agree with you about material you being limited, keep in mind it was a massive change to the system and it's only in its first release. It's clearly gonna expand from here. Lock screen clock is already rumored to be coming in android 13 or maybe it was even 12L. And if you want to change fonts and icons etc maybe your better off Samsung? I don't believe Google cares to do that...you can already install a third party launcher and change your icons and with ADB you can change your fonts most likely. You can already do more customization on a pixel than an iPhone...yet Apple seems to get away with it and Google gets crapped on because they don't do as much as Samsung etc.
ya just root your phone and magisk module it lol.

Ok jk but ya root and or apps allow a ton of options to happen.
you just reminded me to turn on bold font for my pixel 6 pro.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/andr...namic-theming-notification-permission-dialog/

January 13, 2022 2:39am Kishan Vyas

Android 13 leak reveals four new styles for dynamic theming system, gives us a glimpse of notification permissions​

The wallpaper-based dynamic theming is one of the biggest highlights of Android 12. The feature, codenamed “monet,” generates a rich color palette based on the colors extracted from your wallpaper and then applies them to theme various parts of the system UI and apps. It appears the wallpaper-based theming system is set to get even more dynamic in Android 13.
    According to Android Police (via Mishaal Rahman), Google is working on four new styles for the monet theming system. These new styles are codenamed TONAL_SPOT, VIBRANT, EXPRESSIVE, and SPRITZ. All these styles would still use your wallpaper to generate a color palette.
    • TONAL_SPOT: The default Material You pallete.
    • VIBRANT: This one offers more colorful secondary and background colors
    • EXPRESSIVE: Covers a wider range of colors, including those not present in the background.
    • SPIRITZ: It has a muted, almost grayscale pallete
    Android 12 on Pixel phones already offers four dynamic theme styles which are generated by changing the seed color or main hue. However, these new styles would be different in that they would offer greater customization and colorfulness.
    Here are some screenshots that showcase all four styles in action:
    TONAL_SPOT VIBRANT EXPRESSIVE SPIRITZ
    A separate report from Android Police gives us the first look at Android 13’s runtime permission for notifications. As we previously reported, Android 13 adds a new runtime permission for notifications. This means that notifications could become an opt-in feature on Android 13. Users may be able to choose whether they want to allow an app to send a notification, just like how they are able to control Location and Camera permissions. The following screenshot shared by Android Police showcases how the notification permission dialogue would look like in Android 13. As you can see, the dialogue shows two options: Allow and Don’t.
    Android-13_Runtime_Notifications_Permission-fixed.png

Other noteworthy features and changes in Android 13 include a redesigned audio output picker, a tap-to-transfer feature for media playback, easier QR code scanning, and the ability to define language settings on a per-app basis.
    I wish they'd let me change my font again. 😮💨

I still can't wrap my head around 😂 Android 12!😳
    yup but they still got android 12 to fix. (i pretty much have 0 issues besides wifi dropping 6g).
    ya just root your phone and magisk module it lol.

Ok jk but ya root and or apps allow a ton of options to happen.
    you just reminded me to turn on bold font for my pixel 6 pro.