XDA Exec battery connections for adapting different packs

Search This thread

Adrian_S

Feb 2, 2022
Hi everybody.
I came here hoping to find sources for replacement batteries as both my XDA Execs are now unable to stay on for more than a few minutes. But from another thread I see that these batteries were last heard of back in 2019.

So, in an attempt to try and adapt currently available batteries to fit, I need to find out what the function of the two inner contacts on the XDA Exec are for.

The two outer ones are easily identifiable as +Ve and -Ve and -Ve, but I am stumped as to the inner ones. Is one for a thermistor? One for a charge sense?
Any help either regarding what these pins do or other workarounds gratefully received.

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
That's going to be a tricky one to source more batteries. Maybe get the dimensions of it, and look around for a similar (slightly smaller) one that can fit inside. You could solder wires between a smaller battery to the phone battery terminals perhaps.

I believe the outside pins are +ve and -ve. The inner ones are battery status indicator, and battery temp. not sure which is which o that particular device.

EDIT: This thread should help with which pin is which :)

Adrian_S

Feb 2, 2022
Maybe get the dimensions of it, and look around for a similar (slightly smaller) one that can fit inside. You could solder wires between a smaller battery to the phone battery terminals perhaps.
Thanks, I have already started looking at other batteries, the XDA Exec is one of the largest so getting one of lesser dimensions is actually quite easy, but knowing the pinouts of both the Exec and the newer battery is going to be critical.

As far as soldering wires goes, I would be more inclined to try opening up the old battery and soldering new Lion or LiPo cells inside.

Thanks for the link to the other thread, it does indeed suggest the battery sense is adjacent to the -Ve, and therefore the Thermistor lead will be adjacent to the +ve.

Reactions: the_scotsman

naujoks

May 27, 2006
Did you get anywhere with this? I'd like to power up my Exec as well, but can't without a battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe get the dimensions of it, and look around for a similar (slightly smaller) one that can fit inside. You could solder wires between a smaller battery to the phone battery terminals perhaps.
    Thanks, I have already started looking at other batteries, the XDA Exec is one of the largest so getting one of lesser dimensions is actually quite easy, but knowing the pinouts of both the Exec and the newer battery is going to be critical.

As far as soldering wires goes, I would be more inclined to try opening up the old battery and soldering new Lion or LiPo cells inside.

Thanks for the link to the other thread, it does indeed suggest the battery sense is adjacent to the -Ve, and therefore the Thermistor lead will be adjacent to the +ve.