XDA pop up to malware site..ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

elliotn

Oct 22, 2010
Nelspruit
This annoying really, I know XDA needs to make money buy those pop redirect malware sites makes the whole XDA experience hell. It has happened couple of times were I automatically redirected and had to close that tab to get away from them. On Android it's worse as just navigating the xda-developers just redirect to this ads... please XDA those ads are annoying. Anyone seen this or its me

benj!

Jul 4, 2013
London
Yes, I've had this a couple of times. Pop-up window and a large alert box, also triggers haptic feedback and blocks use of the back button. Only ever seen this on XDA, too.

I appreciate that XDA needs to make money from advertising, but this why it's no real surprise that people turn to ad blockers.

rouyal

Jan 14, 2015
Backwoods NC
Same here. Get some redirect with a pop up, and it vibrates my phone. You don't need a screenshot, just browse the forum with Chrome and no ad blocking, and you'll get hit. I also think it 'injects' something in chromes data as once I get hit here, I can browse other sites and get the same pop up until I clear Chromes data (losing my history and logins). I don't know what the pop up is because I don't take time to read it as it freaks me out and I close it.

chinhodado

Feb 24, 2013
I've been hit with ads like this a lot too. It's a shame there's no option in Chrome to disable vibration, it's super annoying.

gruntyoldbag

Dec 31, 2012
+1

I am getting redirected like crazy today - its annoying!

Omg!
I was getting redirected 6 times trying to edit this post!

Fix it please!

Last edited:

Mic159

Jul 13, 2008
This is the reason I only come here when I absolutely have to.

Don't use ads for revenue. You are literally being paid by malware distributors to infect users.

It's especially bad because it's a site about mobile, but you have to visit the site on a desktop with adblock, otherwise you risk becoming infected by a 0day.

Drop your ad network partner NOW, they clearly have no intention of cleaning up their act.

Not only are there spam ads, pop-ups, and redirects, the ads that dont take over make the page SUPER slow on a mobile. They eat up JS the performance.

It's time for a change.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160926-070638.png
    Screenshot_20160926-070638.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20160926-070646.jpg
    Screenshot_20160926-070646.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 84

gruntyoldbag

Dec 31, 2012
Still a lot of .js files popping up wanting to be opened :(

Hello XDA admins - you are using a rogue advertiser who seems to want to infect my PC - wake up?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts