• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

XDA Providing/Hosting Warez?

Search This thread

ghostkid2010

Apr 28, 2010
Based on the recent action conducted by XDA moderator, XDA likes to follow their set of rules, correct? Well I have a 2 questions to ask and I'll make it short.

1. XDA's rule #6
6. Do not post warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, either pay or find your cracks and serials somewhere else. We do not accept warez nor do we permit any member to promote or describe ways in which Warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained.

In order to get Windows Phone 7, you would need to purchase a phone that comes with the operating system install (HD2 does not comes with Windows Phone 7 install), correct? In term, you have to pay for the operation system. XDA is allowing their member to provide links/hosting files to an operating system that is not open source. (Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way). By do so this falls under rule number 6, "avoiding payment" for Windows Phone 7.

2. XDA rule's #9

9. Don't get us in trouble.

Don't post copyrighted materials or do other things that will obviously lead to legal trouble. If you wouldn't do it on your own homepage, you probably don't want to do it here either. This does not mean we agree with everything the software piracy lobby try to impose on us, it simply means you cannot break any laws here, since we'll end up dealing with legal hassle caused by you. Please use common sense: respect the forum, its users, and those that write great code.

Since Windows Phone 7 is not open source - does it consider copyright materials?

I'm surely will get ban for questioning their rules but it's a risk I willing to take in order to ensure everyone is being treated fairly. Rules are rules right?

Reactions: matury

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on the recent action conducted by XDA moderator, XDA likes to follow their set of rules, correct? Well I have a 2 questions to ask and I'll make it short.

1. XDA's rule #6
    6. Do not post warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, either pay or find your cracks and serials somewhere else. We do not accept warez nor do we permit any member to promote or describe ways in which Warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained.

In order to get Windows Phone 7, you would need to purchase a phone that comes with the operating system install (HD2 does not comes with Windows Phone 7 install), correct? In term, you have to pay for the operation system. XDA is allowing their member to provide links/hosting files to an operating system that is not open source. (Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way). By do so this falls under rule number 6, "avoiding payment" for Windows Phone 7.

2. XDA rule's #9

9. Don't get us in trouble.

Don't post copyrighted materials or do other things that will obviously lead to legal trouble. If you wouldn't do it on your own homepage, you probably don't want to do it here either. This does not mean we agree with everything the software piracy lobby try to impose on us, it simply means you cannot break any laws here, since we'll end up dealing with legal hassle caused by you. Please use common sense: respect the forum, its users, and those that write great code.

Since Windows Phone 7 is not open source - does it consider copyright materials?

I'm surely will get ban for questioning their rules but it's a risk I willing to take in order to ensure everyone is being treated fairly. Rules are rules right?